[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downhill MTB private lesson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: biking_page.jpg (30KB, 372x263px) Image search: [Google]
biking_page.jpg
30KB, 372x263px
I can get a lesson for $50 at a pretty sweet mountain bike park nearby. Are these kinds of things worth it? I'd mostly like to work on my jumping, cornering, and technical ability (read: go fast all the time). Is this pretty lame? Like should I just chill out and let my skills develop naturally through riding more or is there a consensus about how worthwile actual "training" sessions are?

Just to give a basic overview of my skills, I've been doing it for a couple weeks regularly, and can hit small jumps and turns at pretty ok speed, but i'm just wanting to get better.
>>
>>1092468
No. Go and ride with bros. They will teach you young padowan
>>
some people just have 'it.' No one taught the motherfucker youll pay 50 bucks.

If your hand eye coordination sucks, then just work within your limits. Dont try to be the guy, just have fun self-improving.
>>
>>1092590

>Dont try to be the guy, just have fun self-improving.

This is okay, but

>some people just have 'it.'

is kind've not even slightly true.

The Guy got to be The Guy by failing about a trillion times. The Guy has some godamn insight to impart from that experience, and can save the OP a few millions fails of his own.

>>1092468

A second set of eyes is always valuable. $50 is a very small price to pay to find out how valuable that particular second set of eyes is.

Skills clinics and coaching are very important for progression at mountain biking. You can certainly learn without them, but you will git gud much faster with guidance.
>>
If you found someone whose made an investment in becoming a good teacher, then yes, I would be willing to pay them for lessons. By investment, I mean they have the equivalent training of IMBA instructors, a well balanced curriculum.

I was unhappy trying to learn from friends whose risk acceptance was much higher than mine. I mean trying to progress from beginner to intermediate but riding on expert trails where mistakes, i.e. falls, would cause serious injuries.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.