[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chronic Iron Deficiency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Fe.jpg (827KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Fe.jpg
827KB, 3264x2448px
To all you cycle mechanics out there who needs regular iron supplements?

How big is your tool collection? Do you have any guilty purchases? Any tools your eager to pic up?
>>
does cycling reduce iron in the body or are you using it as slang for buying tools/equipment?
>>
>>1092251
Because your body has to pump blood at higher speeds than would normally be possible because you're exerting more energy than you usually would to get to speeds that would otherwise be impossible by running, your blood gets worn down and thinned as you cycle, depending on how strenuous you're working and what distance and so on. So your cells get more tired from working harder, faster, for longer, and since you have to keep a constant oxygen intake, your blood iron starts to decrease. You can overcome this easily by simply working at a garage and handling the tools, as iron ions get absorbed by your skin as you work. Just make sure you're not using work gloves, of course.
>>
>>1092262
What the fuck?
>>
>>1092265
It's true bruh. You've gotta make sure the tools don't have those silly plastic sheaths on the handle though, otherwise you're not in contact with the iron!
>>
>>1092266
You forgot to mention that the flow of iron ions is a lot better when using tools on current without them dumb rubber isolating grips.
>>
>>1092265
You didn't know this? Why do you think back in the day, men were a lot tougher and manlier overall? It's because they worked for a living and weren't incompetent numales who couldn't even change their own tires on their cars or bikes or what have you. People used to be in greater contact with iron tools and that's why they never had those iron deficiency problems. But look at the facts of history, why do you think vitamins have only been a recent thing that people started taking? It's because people stopped working and using their tools.
>>
I am only missing two tools I wish I had, that socket for removing cassettes and a thin spanner wrench for the nuts on the axle.
>>
File: cycling.jpg (23KB, 381x450px) Image search: [Google]
cycling.jpg
23KB, 381x450px
>>1092181
>Do you have any guilty purchases

I had this strong urge to buy pic related to complete my cycling outfit.
>>
>>1092274
Sounds like you also need a chainwhip.
>>
>>1092280
Oh yea good point.
>>
What I'd like more than any tool is a permanent work space in which to keep them.
>>
File: DSC_3281.jpg (170KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3281.jpg
170KB, 1024x681px
Yeah I'm good.
>>
I still can't bring myself to get a proper cable cutter, I'm still using regular pliers and the results aren't great but good enough so I'm always postponing it.
Also a derailleur hanger alignment tool, and eventually a wheel truing stand
>>
I'm really well set on hand tools, my garage is effectively a small bike shop, and I can do most anything at home except for suspension overhaul and bleeding hydraulic brakes (I have done these things working in a bike shop, just don't need the tools at home for those tasks). The things I want are mostly power tools:
- bench grinder and somewhere to mount it
- a heavy duty vise and somewhere to mount it
- set of really good drill bits and router bits, plus a jig so I can use my drill press as a router
- a better truing stand and a place to mount it permanently
- a permanent pegboard so I don't have to keep my tools in a toolcart
-a DAG (I pretty much never bend derailer hangers on my personal bikes, just haven't needed to add one to my toolkit yet)

My primary limitation is that in the townhome I rent, I can't build anything really permanent/solid in the garage.

>>1092299
I'm jelly
>>
>>1092315
I'm in a similar situation in regards to space. I'm thinking of going for a modular toolbox system, that way I can keep organised and be space efficient.

I'd love to be able to consider adding some power tools to my workshop, but I'm a few years away in tackling jobs that would be require them.

Do you do any frame building at all?
>>
>>1092293
same here, though once I had that space, I'd seriously consider doing regular freelance bike work.
>>
>>1092181
not a bike mechanic, do all of my own work though, most tools i have are from Snap-on and matco since i worked on cars for a living when i was in community college.

park tools are stupid cheap on amazon, someone told me park was the snap-on of bike tools

oh fuck no it isn't i have a $250 screw driver set from snap-on. my tool box is a snap-on legacy (cheap brand) that was $9000 financed from snap-on.

if i dropped $250 on park tools i could open a bike shop.
>>
>park melee weapon
I love this thing. Every time I pick it up I want to go on a rampage.
>>
I don't use grips, or a saddle.
>>
Ironic deficiency
>>
File: iron-front.jpg (101KB, 1182x900px) Image search: [Google]
iron-front.jpg
101KB, 1182x900px
Ironing deficiency
>>
>>1092265
Drink Guinness
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.