[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no friends so i just aimlessly bike around on weekends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

File: alone2[1].jpg (67KB, 588x440px) Image search: [Google]
alone2[1].jpg
67KB, 588x440px
>tfw no friends so i just aimlessly bike around on weekends for a few hours so im not in the house
>also bike home on my weekly commute (5 miles each way), again for fresh air and exercise
>too awkward to even join a cycling group/club to meet people

how do you cope
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (221KB, 1000x1286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
221KB, 1000x1286px
Soon as I'm too unfit to join a cycling club right now anyway my plan is to rope in my brother Into cycling soon as we're of equal fitness and we get along well.

Once I'm Better at cycling I'll try and form a squad, I already have some semi friends from another hobby who ride so I might join them.
>>
go touring
chat with every person you encounter
>>
i started riding bikes again just 4 years ago. did like 3 shit rides with a friend, then he stoped riding.

i just ride alone and i love it. 3 small rides (1.5-2.5 hours) and a big ride (3-4 hours) are what i usually do in a week. plus minor commuting or doing shiet on the bike.

llalalalalalla.

you dont really need people to ride unless you wanna go really serious (racing and shiet) or unless you just like hanging with other people. wich is fine btw. look for groups on facebook and shit. just talk to everyone that you love riding your bike, at some point you will bump into other ciclists, maybe not in the first week but yes or yes in a couple months.
>>
>>1091114
Cycling is an activity that should be done by oneself, it's essentially impossible to find anyone who will want to ride at the same exact time, intensity, length, type of bike, etc., as you will for a given ride, and usually the best part of riding with others is the cafe/pub stop at the end of the ride, not on-bike part.

OP, if this bothers you, the solution is to find some balance in your life. I'm an introvert but have a job that requires me to be hypersocial ~50 hours per week, then on the weekends and evenings I shun all human contact. When I ride my bike I listen to the wind and am happy that I don't need to say anything in response.
>>
I can relate. When I moved to a new city to study I had no friends and I used all of my spare time riding bikes. I knew there were weekly group rides but it was really hard to joik them since the people all knew each other and I'm not much of a talker so I had a feeling I would just end up riding along quietly and heading home asap the ride had ended.

Somehow I forced myself to join the group rides, but the first two months were really unpleasant. I didn't know anyone and I felt like outsider. Now, after a year, I have made some friends and I can actually enjoy riding with other people.

I guess I might have some kind of social anxiety. Or not, maybe I'm just shy.
>>
I started cycling so I could be outside with out having to interact/close contact with anyone. I can't see enjoying cycling with a group/another person as you never know what the pace should be and it may be to slow/fast for your liking.
>>
Having friends is 85% just going out regularly, chatting with people regularly. The last 15% is being good at listening, not talking about own problems too much. Having friends as an adult is almost always a product of time and effort; we are not predisposed to be popular or lonely as in grade school (brutal).

Riding alone is nice a lot of the time. I like to stop a lot and take in scenery, eat a snack, tighten my shoelaces, etc. But if you want to ride with someone, go to a group ride every week for a long time. Or hang out at community bike shop every week. Sort of like any relationship, it will not be perfect but if you put in effort and approach with openness, success is v. likely.
>>
I started cycling because I wanted a cheap way to get to work, but I kept doing it as a hobby because I could just go out whenever the fuck I wanted by myself and enjoy the hell out of the experience.
>>
Aren't there apps who track statistics on your rides? Just go autismo and try to improve your times on certain routes or similar.
>>
I don't think about such things when I'm riding
So I cope by riding
>>
Cycling is literally the loner hobby and one of the few sports that you do alone without looking like a total creep (which you obviously are)

Too late OP
>>
I cycle specifically to avoid people.
>>
File: photo_2017-03-21_22-00-44.jpg (51KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-03-21_22-00-44.jpg
51KB, 540x720px
>tfw live in a third world shithole and can't risk getting stabbed by niggers because of a bike
>would love to commute to work on a bike but this place is too hot and there are no showers at work, couldn't even wash away the sweat of commuting on 35ºC
>have a bike that's rotting away in my condo's garage, haven't even looked at it in 5 months, not even sure if its still there or if some neighbor stole it
>>
>>1091114
Man up and look for group rides that are your speed.
>>
>>1091189
You talking shit about Strava, m8?
>>
>>1091115
>I'm too unfit to join a cycling club
Lmao you have no idea what you're talking about. My local clubs have rides designated for slow & unfit people. 300 pound guys ride shamelessly. Call club officials and ask, "hey, I'm a slow rider, like 12mph slow, are there any rides for me?" The answer will be yes.
>>
>>1091202
Unless you get into bike racing which is 100% a team sport
>>
File: bjj_arrow.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bjj_arrow.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>1091114
>how do you cope

I hate group rides, so I ride alone like this anon said >>1091127
>it's essentially impossible to find anyone who will want to ride at the same exact time, intensity, length, type of bike

...you often end up riding when you dont want etc. it isnt enjoyable unless you are a casual fred or pro.

I started BJJ for that reason, similar mentality people (more intelligent and not violent by nature, higher IQ people are more lonely btw since there are less peers on the market), but in terms of making friends its top notch. try it at least for the winter.

keep cycling doe, sometims is great to remove yourself from people. but friends i.e. forcing yourself to socialize (I dont care if you dont want to - you must) are important.
>>
File: 555.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>1091353
>similar mentality people (more intelligent and not violent by nature, higher IQ people
>>
>>1091315
you are probably correct but I am also the type of person who sets very high standards for myself and does not like visibly appearing below my standards, so I'd kind of want to be fit already before joining a cycling club even though nobody would actually judge me for not being fit, it would matter to me.
>>
>>1091114
Are you not enjoying riding?
>>
>>1091368
>>similar mentality people (more intelligent and not violent by nature, higher IQ people

seriosuly nigga, BJJ today is almost a yuppie hobbie.
>>
Hell the entire point of the tour de france, for example, is to get as far away from the other riders as possible.
>>
File: comba_ladies.jpg (113KB, 700x451px) Image search: [Google]
comba_ladies.jpg
113KB, 700x451px
>>1091541
IMBA clubs in my area are 75% unskilled/unfit and most of that is women who have a weekly social ride before they go to the bar. Cycling clubs are not that serious and thats a good thing. The good cyclists race but clubs are mainly just for fun.
t. alcoholic mtb enthusiast (not a lady I'd smoke these bitches)
>>
>>1091114

It must suck being an extrovert. Being alone on my bike is a reprieve from humans. I would never consider joining a cycling group outside of wrenching at a co-op.

Even riding with my gf is tedious.

>>1091124
This is a good idea. Going on century rides without a decent map always means chatting with locals and meeting the weirdos who still leave their homes in this society
>>
i have a bike i want to rebuild but im in a new city and no access to my own tools and dont want to piss cash away on the tools or the upmarked labour.

how to cope?
>>
>>1091626
Co ops
>>
I clutch to my highschool friends and joined a few bike clubs.
>>
>>1091634
that's in theory a good idea- i'm sure i'd find someone friendly with a home toolset if i joined a bike club but in practice i'm not up to all the social engineering

>>1091633
that sounds best, i'll look around for that- thanks anon
>>
>>1091541
Stop doing whatever stupid thinking that you do in your head that makes you think like that, you fucking dumbass. Seriously, fucking stop it.
>>
>>1091114
I most probably live halfway around the earth from you but if you ever visit Sweden i am your friend.

I used to bike aimlessly myself 15 years ago but then i met a girl and some friends and before i knew it i had to fight to get some alone time.

Random unexpected events can totally turn your life 180 degrees around.
>>
>>1091114
where do you live homie, I'll bike with you
>>
should we chat anon?
>>
File: Y4RZmQf.png (80KB, 529x327px) Image search: [Google]
Y4RZmQf.png
80KB, 529x327px
>tfw need friends to make friends
>>
>>1091114
drugs
>>
>>1091126
this
and dude weed lmao
>>
>>1091541
I know I'm correct. I did the same thing you did. I had a $400 hybrid on which I lost 70lbs. Even then, I didn't let myself explore the idea of club rides until I purchased a road bike. I showed up to my first club ride expecting to be blown away, then the small chain ring warriors took off at 14mph....
>>
Im a solo rider..meet a client/black dude at work, brags on how fast he is.

Trade numbers, decide to ride with him. He goes 14mph max. The whole ride brags about money, how rich he is, says he wants carbon wheels, wants to do a tri..this goes on for 45 min before he falls in traffic trying to clip in. Cramps up 10 min later. Says hes alergic to bananas. Total of 15 mile ride

I realize i wasted a precious day off work on guy who anoyed me and rode slower than those city bikes you see for rent.

The only time i will ever go with anoying person who rides slow and wont shut up will be a female. At the very least you can check out their ass.
>>
>>1091126
I ride for years and I never had a conversation with any other cyclist outside of greeting.
>>
File: 1461027563756.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1461027563756.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>>1091114

Hit me right in the feels
>>
I don't know how anyone could feel sad when cycling. If you push yourself hard enough (to be fast, to go further, to climb higher) all the dread and negativity will fade away.

People like OP need to stop such insecure and sad fucks. Seriously, learn to love yourself.
>>
>>1092019
OP here. I never said I was sad when I ride, I do enjoy it.

I think my problem is just bigger overall friendlessness that makes it so that even the activities I partake in that get me out of the house I have to do alone as well
>>
>>1092027
This. It's kind of hard not to feel crazy when you spend so much time by yourself sometimes.
To make it worse, my job has me alone 99% of the time, so it's like, when do I see people?
>>
>tfw there's a cycling team/group at uni but i have a 12mph average
>>
>>1092045
Not being mean but that is very pathetic. ..you need to get your ass on the saddle and pedal like the devil is chasing you. At your age you should easily average 20mph and hold a conversation.

I envy you, you can only get stronger. My old ass is maxed out at 23mph for 1 hour and cant do anything to go faster. ...short of epo or steoids.
>>
>>1092057

What's your age?
What kind of bike do you have?
How long have you been cycling for?
>>
>>1091220
hue hue hue?

Brazilian junglenigger here. Fully understand you. If I dared to try to ride a decent bike, I would be, at least, mugged in the first day and everybody would say I'm a fag and that I had it coming for being a faggot and trying to ride a bike.
Also, asphalt is so shit that I actually needed to ride a fucking mountain bike because a fork of a regular bike would shatter after hitting the potholes of my city, which were a menace to cars, let alone bikes.

I live in North America now and I ride my bike everyday and everywhere, rain, shine, storm alert or snow. Feels good.

Try, at least, to ride a road bike during the weekend at richer neighbourhoods or at the highway.

>>1091114
In what city do you live? If you're close to me, I'll ride with you. But, whatever you do, never, ever stop riding your bike. If you stay at home, you'll become depressed, fat and you'll lose your last sliver of sobriety.
>>
>>1091624

Remember when women did things in groups without the "girl power" attitude?

Yeah, me neither.
>>
File: kinopoisk.ru-Eleni-Young-2600778.jpg (284KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
kinopoisk.ru-Eleni-Young-2600778.jpg
284KB, 1200x803px
>>1092027
>>1092028

People are annoying and redundant. Once you reach a certain age you come to recognize that many people want to keep themselves or not be in the company of others for too long.

I think that if you truly enjoy what you're doing and are comfortable on your own, other people will just naturally gravitate towards you. The whole fixation (and desperation) of being with others is kinda of unhealthy and destructive desu.
>>
>>1092158
It's almost like men don't have society giving them a reason to. Weird.
>>
>>1092169

But they do, Anon... It's the equivalent of all these numale snowflakes trying to out-sensitive one another to get away from their evil masculinity.

Women have convinced themselves that they need to compete directly with men in order to be valid, and masculinity is openly attacked in society. Hence society completely falling apart, in case you haven't noticed.
>>
File: Caspar David Friedrich based.jpg (224KB, 1259x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Caspar David Friedrich based.jpg
224KB, 1259x1600px
>>1092027
>>1092165
>People are annoying and redundant

to most principled and intelligent people - yes.

>The whole fixation (and desperation) of being with others is kinda of unhealthy and destructive desu.

yes, its very woman-like in terms that women (and frat bros) are scared shitless if they arent always in a relationship or with friends, they cant enjoy being alone as much as man do.

that being said, as an INTJ /pol/ack I literally have to force myself to be around people, people make you grounded once you figure yourself out on your own. The problem with cycling and socializing is that if you are a non-casual, you wont enjos any non competative ride road or mtb (stuff like pacing or ride planning, stopping is all geared towards solo riding and a minus in group rides).

My solution is to mix cycling with other sports like BJJ etc. OP, join a club or start training some marial art you enjoy, plenty of people who do BJJ are also into cycling in my club for some reason.

also, there is absolutly nothing wrong with time for yourself, its very good for your stability actually, but FORCE yourself to socialize.
>>
File: loAFNla5sf_o.jpg (140KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
loAFNla5sf_o.jpg
140KB, 1024x576px
>>1092192
>>1091114
also, as much as I like cycling, I notice that its probably the most lonesome sport next to bike/moto touring.

Its competative, ego-oriented, highly individualistic, filled with interesting smart antisocial people and often high-achievers, if you are an enthusiast of any kind, youll hate group ride (unless race), Ill always ride, but you have to keep that in mind.
>>
>>1092190
No
>>
>>1092192

Bruh, I'm >>1092190 and an INTJ as well but I don't get your whole spiel about "being grounded". What does that even mean? Why do YOU need to be grounded?
>>
>>1092200
>but I don't get your whole spiel about "being grounded". What does that even mean? Why do YOU need to be grounded?

you need to test yourself with other people if you are a true /pol/ack, if you dwell to much with individualism there is a risk of megalomany. When you are at crossroads in life, you figure yourself ON YOUR OWN, but you bring the solution back into society, you dont keep it with yourself.

to much romanticism and individualism can turn into narcissims. people are as lame as seem but they test you and that is good (you climb a mountain by yourself and go back into the village).

SAVE THE WHITE RACE
>>
File: 1498583642324.jpg (76KB, 741x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498583642324.jpg
76KB, 741x900px
>>1092209

I only lurk pol and I'm not white. Btw, are you an aspie or something?

:^)
>>
File: 1463063252933.jpg (757KB, 1661x2195px) Image search: [Google]
1463063252933.jpg
757KB, 1661x2195px
>>1092214
>Btw, are you an aspie or something?

an aspie wouldnt recommend being grounded/earthed by society, wouldnt he?

>I only lurk pol and I'm not white

so what? the degradation of the whitey (degradation of masculinity included) affects you as much as it affects whitey since West influences almost all world.
>>
>>1092200

Uhhh... no. You are not me.
>>
>>1092235
I was just emphasizing my point. Get over it.
>>
File: spongefam.png (157KB, 485x272px) Image search: [Google]
spongefam.png
157KB, 485x272px
>>1091353
>similar mentality people (more intelligent and not violent by nature, higher IQ people are more lonely btw since there are less peers on the market)

Kek, what a supreme gentleman you are. Are the cycling simpletons not good enough for you?

BTW, peers is a countable noun, so there are “fewer” of them. Wouldn't want to expose your fedora-tipping façade, would we?
>>
File: Pom-Klementieff-in-Oldboy.jpg (90KB, 2048x879px) Image search: [Google]
Pom-Klementieff-in-Oldboy.jpg
90KB, 2048x879px
>>1092217

You haven't explained what "being grounded" means and how that relates to you as an INTJ. Whatever you're trying to get at is so vague and convoluted.

You come off as an autistic and delusion fred desu.
>>
>>1092088
>What's your age?
>What kind of bike do you have?
Pinarello
>How long have you been cycling for?
Only 4 years, lost over 100 lbs in that time. ..no joke
>>
>>1092193
Cycling is unlike other sports because it is deeply marked by camaraderie, friendship and teamwork. The whole team protects the sprinter so that he can shine on the final 200m. The domestiques give 200% of their effort so that the team leader can achieve the lowest overall time and so on.

You have no idea what you're talking about or you're just some self-important douche. Come down back to earth and stop being so arrogant. You will make friends, have a good time and, overall, become a better person. And cycling should teach you that.

And, more specifically to the points you mentioned

>its competative [it's competitive]
by definition, sports are. but, then again cycle touring is noe

>ego-oriented
it's about teamwork and recognizing the different abilities of each rider (lowest overall time, best climber, best sprinter, best young, most aggressive, most points)

>highly individualistic
literally a team sport

>interesting smart antisocial people and often high-achievers
interesting, smart antisocial? just making excuses for being an asshole? Miguelón is nothing like an antisocial. Nor Cipollini, or Pantani, or LeMond and so on
About being high-achievers... so many outcasts ride bikes. People in general admire expensive cars and their drivers, not cyclists.
>>
>>1091114

I mostly ride alone too, most my friends are only into drugs and suck so I rarely ride with them. Infact planning to ride with them will often mean not riding at all as they will mostly flake and waiting for them will make me wait too long. Or maybe they will ride with me, but they will do stupid shit like smuggle weed on the train to NYC and stop at 4 distinct spots in NYC to smoke pot, stop somewhere to buy a blunt, liquor, etc.

I would ride with a group but in Northern NJ there are only roadie wannabe Fred group rides. I would ride with a fixie group if I lived in a flat city as they are more normal people, don't shave legs, don't wear spandex, usually no helmets, just normal people on bikes. The only problem with the fixie crowd is that fixie bikes suck, they hamper you with no brakes and gears, but they are better than the Lance wannabe Freds.
>>
>>1093792
The board was much better while you were away. Stay away, please.
>>
Am I the only one who rides out on my mtb just to jump stuff and pull wheelies?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.