/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pumps & tyre pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: bbb-bfp-23-floor-pump-zoom[1].jpg (60KB, 899x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bbb-bfp-23-floor-pump-zoom[1].jpg
60KB, 899x1000px
What pump do you use?What are your experiences with it?

What tyre with do you sport?

How often do you top off/check your tyre pressure?

What pressure do you use and is it in the sidewall reccomendended range?

Only one or more answers are desired.

>inb4 reddit spacing bullshit
>>
>>1090799
Topeak joeblow max ii
9/10 would recommend
25c
check every ride
lower than recommended, only just though
>>
>>1090800
Thank you.

May I ask what your weight is and why you choose to ride at this lower tyre pressure?

Any others want to share their experiences?
>>
>>1090804
150lb, lower pressure due to comfort and dealing with potholes.
Wanting to move to 28c sooner rather than later
>>
File: 0145211GR-AMZ.jpg (22KB, 139x400px) Image search: [Google]
0145211GR-AMZ.jpg
22KB, 139x400px
standard cannondale pump
25c
every morning
105/95psi and yes

the pump is actually quite nice, works great for my bicycle and scooter and i bet it would do cars too
>>
File: Pro Bike Tool.jpg (17KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pro Bike Tool.jpg
17KB, 367x550px
>>1090799
Pro Bike Tool mini floor frame pump
It's ok, wish I had a full size frame pump with a built in gauge for home but using my emergency pump as a main pump is good road practice

I check every few days, usually 2-3 days
My favorite is 83 front, 100 rear, pretty high for my weight range at 140lbs
Recommended tire range is 70-100 front, 80-115 rear
>>
#whatsyourpressure

This is now a fred identification thread. Actual cyclists need not post.
>>
>>1090828
>he doesn't ride often enough to find a sweet spot for his riding style
>>
>>1090823
>check tire pressure every morning
>check pump with pressure calibration tool on a weekly basis
>check calibration tool with a rotation of three more calibrations tools that get sent back to the manufacturer for calibration on a monthly rotation
>>
>>1090799
>What pump do you use?What are your experiences with it?
I had a Joe Blow Pro, but there were two fatal flaws in it:
1. The gauge was at the top, so if it fell over the gauge would hit the ground, ruining it (had to replace that once)
2. There's a pressure-release button on the gauge assembly. It's plastic. After about a year or so, it started leaking. That was the deal-breaker. Took it back to Performance Bike and got credit for it.
Then I bought a Lezyne. Gauge at the bottom. Solid, simple design. No complaints. Should have bought it in the first place.
>What tyre with do you sport?
Usually Conti GP4000II's, 25mm or 23mm.
>How often do you top off/check your tyre pressure?
Before every ride, so daily.
>What pressure do you use and is it in the sidewall reccomendended range?
120psi, and that's the max. 5 or so PSI lower if it's wet out.
>>
topeak joeblow
vittoria rubino pro
before every ride
120-130
>>
MTN bikes = lowest recommended pressure
Road bikes = highest recommended pressure
>>
>>1090799
zefal hpx frame pump for riding, compressor at home if i'm lazy - the zefal is bulletproof (no gauge though)

schwalbe marathons and marathon supremes @35c

checked about once a week

around 60, 65 rear if loaded
>>
>>1090832
i check the tire pressure every morning because of of my tires loses air pretty quick. probably find it at 80 or 75 psi the next day :p
>>
Lezyne Sport Floor Drive, I broke the gauge last year and the nozzle this year, but parts are easy to find. Works good on my motorcycle too.

25mm Conti GP4000.

A squeeze every time and pressure check when I clean the chain.

80 front/90 rear, no idea but I never pinch flat or rattle my fillings out on cobblestone.
>>
I bought a Topeak JoeBlow and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made
>>
90/80psi on the roadie, 30/25psi on MTB
>>
I only have a 29er hardtail MTB, small block 8 tires, and pump it up to 30 front, 35 rear for dirt trails. 65 front and 65 rear for pavement. I dont ride on the road, just paved and unpaved bike paths
>>
>>1090799
Joeblow sport II - Solid so far,bit of a finicky head,havent found a simple way to lubricate the piston
SKS airkompressor 11.0 - Simple build,large volume per stroke,easy to get up to even 11 bar,Very unstable on its feet
Blackburn airtower 1&2 - airtower 2 had the hose blow up,airtower one now has a finicky blowback valve causing the handle to sometimes fly back up,not impressed so far.
Ive had more pumps,they were all shit.

Schwabbel Durano(23-622) and delta cruiser(37-590)

Durano every 3 days,Delta cruiser between 2-3 weeks,they are both kept within the sidewall indicated pressures

Durano 8Bar rear 7.8 front
Delta cruiser 5 rear,4.5 front,there is nearly no weight on the fron wheel on my townie bike.

Yes
>>
File: bontragerTLR.jpg (53KB, 461x1427px) Image search: [Google]
bontragerTLR.jpg
53KB, 461x1427px
>>1090799
Bontrager TLR
25mm Schwalbe one
check it every month or so
8 bar in the back 7.5 in the front
>>
File: 1497913686681.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1497913686681.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>>1090823
this pump in the picture keeps flying off the valve on one of my bikes cause it doesn't have a locking lever, any tips to remedy this?
>>
>>1091715
sorry dude that doesn't happen with mine
>>
>>1090799
Long Bontrager Air Support for Presta valves
Shit just werks and keeps fuckin werkin without me doing shit. I don't have a floor pump.

Presta valves are infinitely superior to Schrader valves for bikes.

I just switched to Marathons 1.75 on my commuter.

Re: checking the pressure, idk man, it depends, maybe once a week and also before any longer rides that take me out of my comfort zone

Idk 75-90 is the sidewall rec, but I don't really measure it precisely, but probably in there.
>>
Some Blackburn floorpump. Has worked without problems so far.

25 mm, that have an actual width of of 25 mm.

Before every ride because latex tubes.

6.5/7 bars, within the recommended range
>>
#whatsyourpressure
>>
Rubino pro
Before every ride
Usually a bit under 8 bars
>>
>>1090799
Serfas FP100. had it since maybe '03. it's been reliable.

one super cheapie the craigslist seller put on it that I'm waiting to wear out, and one Schwalbe Marathon.

not too often. I give the tires a squeeze before a ride and if they give too easily I break out the pump

I used to go a little over the recommended range on the theory it would buy my lazy ass more time between pumps but now I go near, but under, the high limit on the rear and towards the low limit up front. /n/ tells me this yields a better ride but honestly I don't notice too much. I guess it was always mostly in the lower range anyhow since I'm so lazy about re-filling.
>>
File: Bontrager_Recharger_Floor_Pump.jpg (77KB, 1980x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Bontrager_Recharger_Floor_Pump.jpg
77KB, 1980x1980px
>>1090799
This bontrager thing, as recommended by the LBS (don't actually buy this if you ride MTB, gauge scale is pretty stupid at low pressures)
>MTB about 1 bar (16psi I think?), 2.1" tires
a bit less for soft conditions and a bit more for longer road runs. Recommended pressure starts at 2bar/30psi... absolutely unrideable offroad.
>Road bike 4-5bars, (60-75 psi I think) 28mm tires
I think this is in the recommended range.

>Me: 63kg, is that like 140 Local Bike Shops or something?
>>
>>1092466
Oh yeah and I just check them when they start feeling funny, maybe every week or two?
>>
>>1090799
This thred made me look at my tires, 23c Vittoria Corsas right now, they list the minimum pressure as 100psi max 145, I've been running them at 75-80 and they feel fine desu and raced crits at that pressure as well. I usually use Continental Grand Prix 4000s 25c though
>>
>>1090799
SKS Airkompressor 12.0. Terrible pump btw. Falls over all the time and the head is too large.
Schwalbe Durano Plus 25c & Schwalbe Marathon Racer 40c
Usually before every ride.
>What pressure do you use and is it in the sidewall recommended range?
90 psi. Recommended is 85-115 psi & 60 psi. Recommended is 55 - 85 psi
>>
>>1092475
Optimal tire pressure depends on the rider's weight, I guess you're pretty lightweight
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.