[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First MTB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: diamondback overdrive pro.jpg (33KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
diamondback overdrive pro.jpg
33KB, 440x440px
So my friend wanted me to go biking with him. I bought a used bike for $20 just to see if I would like it. I did and bought this. I like it but have read some negatives about Diamindbacks. What do you guys think?
>>
>>1090077
It's an overdrive pro 27.5
>>
Just ride and form your own opinion. It'll be months before you notice why it could be a bad bike but until then enjoy the fuck out of it.
>>
>>1090077

Diamondback is an unusual brand.

They make the full range from literal trash all the way up to top-tier full suspension monsters.

>>1090078

The overdrive pro 27.5 is a very, very good bike. The REBA is enough fork for anyone but the most hardcore professionals. You have thru-axles front and rear and a tapered headtube so stiffness will be top-notch. Hydraulic discs, clutched derailleur, etc.

You're set for a good long time.
>>
>>1090086
Thanks for your insight. I was just afraid I messed up by buying diamonback even though I love it so far
>>
File: IMG_3199.jpg (39KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3199.jpg
39KB, 320x240px
>>1090077
>>
>>1090077
Another question. My tires are tubless ready. From what Ive read some say awesome some say not worth it. Thoughts
>>
>>1090110
Going tubeless that is
>>
>>1090110
Going tubeless that is
>>
>>1090110

If you get a lot of flats, go tubeless.
If you don't, don't.
>>
I have a question regarding mtbs, but I'm not OP. Been wondering about this for a while now. I notice that road bikes and similar bikes usually have their handlebars at a lower position than their saddles, and that "the better the biker, the higher the saddle height." Yet, looking at older 90s mtbs and even some of the more modern ones, such as the one in the OP pic, they're either at the same height, or slightly lower. Why is this? I assume it's got something to do with the top tube being angled upwards (and why is this?) on mtbs, whereas the road bikes have a horizontal tube. If someone could explain this to me, I'd really fucking appreciate it.
>>
>>1090127
There is much more time spent out of the saddle in mtb. Also there is much less emphasis on aero in mtb than road, so the bent over the bars position is nearly never seen in mtb (but sort of in XC). When you are going real fast in mtb, youre going downhill and your weight is out of the saddle and over the back wheel
>>
>>1090077
>I bought a used bike for $20
that crack fiend that sold it to you stole it. you gonna get roughed up soon by the pissed off owner.
>>
>>1090151
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>1090127
This >>1090151 is pretty much correct, but it's not only about aero, but weight distribution comes into play as well. You will be out of the saddle on mtb a lot, but when you need balance, as in tight agressive cornering, you want to have a lot of maneuverability with your postion on the bike, since generally the lower you get, the more stable you are.

On road bikes, it's not saddle that gets higher, but steering tubes get shorter (in relation to optimal saddle height), so you can get into more aero position.
>>
>>1090331
Um no it was my friends son. It was an old bike without a seat or post. Spent another $30 for those
>>
>>1090377
So I asked about going tubeless. I can understand about the flats but isn't rotational weight a big reason.Correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>1090377
Was just about to say, saddle height doesn't actually differ that much. A road bike will probably have a higher saddle height relative to the bottom bracket as the mountain bike will want to keep some clearance to move about, but the mountain bike will most likely have a higher bottom bracket. As I have a dropper post I have my saddle just as high as I would on a road bike (again, relative to the bottom bracket) so it's probably has a total height greater than most road bike.

Regarding handlebar height, another factor that makes them so high on mountain bikes is having a longer fork, headtube lengths probably aren't that different but the fork could be like 100mm longer.
>>
>>1090331
Sorry didn't make my first post clear. I spent over a grand on the Diamondback
>>
>>1090379
The difference in weight is fairly minor, maybe 100g or so per wheel. The flat resistance, the ability to run lower pressures, and the lower rolling resistance are much larger.
>>
>>1090385
Wouldn't lower pressure mean higher rolling resistance?
>>
>>1090387
Sure. However if you don't run a lower pressure (it's just an option) then you have less rolling resistance. Also at the same pressure the tyre is still going to behave differently (in a good way) as you don't have a rubber tube sliding about inside another rubber tube.
>>
>>1090387
depends on terrain, on asphalt yes on dirt and rocks no.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.