[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new to this board, what do you guys think about buses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: deletel8r.jpg (11KB, 339x149px) Image search: [Google]
deletel8r.jpg
11KB, 339x149px
new to this board, what do you guys think about buses.
is public transport good, or is private just better.

Please no bully as i am a good christian athlete
>>
>>1089688
Buses are boring and pedestrian as fuck and I don't know why anyone would spend even 10 seconds dicsussing them.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 492x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 492x307px
>>1089688
Who fucking cares?
>>
>>1089688
they're for poor people
>>
>>1089702
Your bus is shit. That's why.
>>1089706
You're shit.
I'm gonna bring up that quote every time.
>>
File: IMG_0050[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Someone please explain to me why I saw this bus in the middle of Wisconsin.
>>
File: IMG_0049[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1090303
>>
>>1090303
>>1090304
Rogue bus drivers, happens all the time.

They probably had to drive the 66. Can't blame em.
>>
File: C0C8LObWEAAaMiO.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C0C8LObWEAAaMiO.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>>1089688
I live very next to a bus line that is using only electric buses and I love them.

Pic related.
>>
Buses are great, but they are often used in places where a tram or light rail would have been the way to go.
...and they were also often the go-to solution for closing down railway lines, while taking the quality of public transport down a few notches.

I think in the mid-term they will be made redundant by autonomous cars.
Railway companies will place small fleets of them at their stations and offer a full connection from anywhere to everywhere within a few kilometres of their stations.
>>
>>1090304
It's getting delivered. New Flyer has an assembly plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba and in St Cloud, Minnesota.
>>
File: 32331726995_e7f3f374cb.jpg (80KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
32331726995_e7f3f374cb.jpg
80KB, 500x333px
Dutchfag who doesn't like to bike here.
I'm only really familiar with the buses in Maastricht, but honestly they're quite good. We changed over from Veolia to Arriva, and that included brand new buses all around, with the sorely needed upgrade of in-vehicle wifi.
I really enjoy the buses. I'm in the UK right now where the buses are shit and full of poor people, but when I get back I'll see if I can find out the type of bus we use now.
My line is only about 10 minutes to the main train station and town centre with the stop just 500m from my house in the outskirts of the city, with 4 buses an hour all year around. Travel is also free, given that I'm currently a student, which is great as well. It's never really busy except at peak hours, and unlike the US, UK and the north of the Netherlands they're not filled with poor people either. Just old people, or students who don't bike. Never dirty, never loud, just an all around great experience. The service has been slightly iffy recently being either a little late or early, but no real complaints.
Nothing beats just checking in, getting in the single front seat if possible, and just relaxing to some music.
>>
Buses are my favorite. Gillig, New Flyer, Nova etc. love them all.
>>
>>1091770
What about Glaval, Elkhart, ARBOC or Eldorado?
>>
Busses suddenly suck if your schedule is off hours, or you live a mile from the normal line and can only catch every other bus that comes by, or if you have to transfer pretty much at all. My favorite part is when your closest bus stops basically have no protection from sun or rain and you have to wait for a transfer to get home but you can't get the bus that comes the first time because it drops you off a mile and a half away from the actual road to your house and its 107 out and then the bus you were waiting for breaks down anyway so you have to wait longer in the heat and you could just walk but its so fucking hot and its sunday so they run limited service anyway and you just want to get a home.

So yeah, it beats walking.
>>
File: 33464497903_33fb117528_c.jpg (173KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
33464497903_33fb117528_c.jpg
173KB, 800x534px
>>1089688
Well, as someone who suffers from wanderlust I do prefer my own car & the timesaving/freedom it offers but it's buttfuck expensive what with insurance/gas/proper maintenance. I am saving a fortune bussing it right now & its going towards a bucket list trip. I'm also lucky as the bus I take (pictured above) starts at the end of my street & stops directly in front of my work. How great is that?

Private bussing in my region was heavily subsidized so there's no love for it. It's not cheaper & there's no demand for it.

That said, I have no problems with public transit when designed properly.
>>
>>1095053
Quite interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a bus with a bike rack.
>>
>>1089688
They're great. 7/24 access from anywhere to anywhere without needing to concern about your own vehicle. And you could usually catch one before an uber come
>>
>>1095071
Very common in North America, honestly best thing about US buses are those bike racks.

Never seen racks in Europe, except in trains and their bike carriage.
>>
File: Dennis Dart.jpg (252KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis Dart.jpg
252KB, 1024x683px
>He doesn't ride the best buses ever built
Why live?
>>
Buses are, without a doubt, *the* worst form of mass public transport possible. Diesel buses are slow, dirty, noisy and generally inefficient. Worse, buses are massively over-rated: they should only be used for in-fill to create a catchment for proper public transport, but many cities use them for long-distance (1hr+) routes, which is clearly idiotic.
>>
I despise buses. They're loud, smelly, ugly and they vibrate and make creaky noises.
>>
They're great in places like Japan, where the equipment is well-maintained, drivers arrive on schedule, and the ridership doesn't treat the bus like a nightclub toilet. In the US they fucking suck.
>>
File: 205 Meadow Rd 14 Apr 1990.jpg (56KB, 750x506px) Image search: [Google]
205 Meadow Rd 14 Apr 1990.jpg
56KB, 750x506px
>>1095086

You are either too young to have experienced a proper bus or you are an idiot.

Behold, the one true king of the road
>>
>>1095110
You're confusing your Mom with a bus.
>>
>>1095071
Yes, BC Transit started doing this about 10 years ago. Great system, the only problem is that it can only carry two bikes at a time. Where I live i've only seen one occasion in 2 yrs where someone had to wait for the next bus because the rack was full.
>>
>>1089688
If anyone interesting in seeing busses in Israel, I found this autistic man uploading a few videos daily:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXL_AYfMk2H4nEs_k1dwF2w/videos?&ab_channel=IL-PT_by_2D
>>
>>1095193
He's video looks like "creepshots" but of busses instead of girls
>>
>>1095193
I found another one, This guy film better
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qEMT0xqe-Vd9jg3LPHaVg/videos?&ab_channel=David-IsraelBuses
>>
>>1095160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSG1eO-vNkk
The future is now old man
>>
File: TransJogja.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TransJogja.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
I live in a nation of Meme-BRT creeps
(Except Jakarta)
>>
>>1089688
theyre fuckin gay nice hitler dubs
>>
File: BPI-540+BPO-445+BPO-187+BPO-059.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
BPI-540+BPO-445+BPO-187+BPO-059.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>1095086
>best bus
C'mon, dude, you've never experienced the feeling of Ikarus.
>>
>>1089688
Comfier than airplanes desu
>>
File: DSC_0003.jpg (347KB, 1600x1046px)
DSC_0003.jpg
347KB, 1600x1046px
>>1089688
The buses in my city are good
>>
File: Gwinnett_County_Transit_logo.png (4KB, 354x281px) Image search: [Google]
Gwinnett_County_Transit_logo.png
4KB, 354x281px
I live in the metro Atlanta area.

We have three public transit systems within 30 minutes of each other. One is the MARTA system, the two others are county-specific bus services (Gwinnett and Cobb County). None of them connect well with each other, nor to the city of Atlanta. You ride Cobb Community Transit if you get the urge to feel frustrated and confused, you take Gwinnett County Transit if you want to An Hero.

Neither counties have agreed to any form of MARTA extension, for fear of attracting public transit "Degeneracy" (Which I can understand in Cobb County, but it's not like Gwinnett's best & brightest are taking the bus to begin with).

Atlanta public transit is a joke. Instead of improving an existing system, we put our money into a streetcar that does fucking figure-8's through the tourist areas. We get ourselves into traffic-relief projects that only worsen the traffic problem. And God forbid an interstate bridge should collapse, you're better off quitting your job.
>>
>>1095086
>Dennis Dart
>good

Top fucking meme. Those flogged pieces of shit should never have been built.
>>
>>1095165
You're confusing your bus with a mom.
>>
File: IMG_1716.jpg (100KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1716.jpg
100KB, 800x532px
>>1095053
Hello fellow Victoriafag. I don't ride the buses here much, but I like that we have double-deckers. It's very comfy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.