[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (901KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
901KB, 3264x2448px
Was ripping out the interior of my 2001 Subaru Impreza wagon cleaning out mould when I came across this box. It was just sitting on top of the airbag controller (I think, it was another metal box under the ash tray) and the cable had been cut so it wasn't connected to anything. What is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (999KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
999KB, 3264x2448px
Rear side
>>
some sort of security system? could be factory but most luckily Aftermarket. I don't know if early Subaru's where easy to steal or just a theft magnet because of how fast / robust they where (or both).
>>
It doesn't have much going on, it looks like some kind of voltage regulator, or power supply.
Best bet is that it was supposed to power something.
>>
Could be a stepper motor driver?
>>
Fuck off, cagecuck
>>
>>1088447
Don't you have some red lights to be running or something?
>>
OP here

Quite a few wires for a simple step up I think? The 3 big black things at top are 2x transistors and one 5v voltage regulator. They were screwed into the case which is essentially a big chunk of heat dissipating steel/aluminium.
I've got a third party alarm/remote lock system so it could be to do with the original security system but I didn't think the 2001 model came with it stock
>>
I used to work with Subaru. This is part of the alarm system used to prevent your car being blacked
>>
/o/ would know more
>>
I think thats a prototype Di2 junction box.
Highly collectible.
>>
>>1088405
It's the Subaru specific box for a turbo timer.

>What's a turbo timer

It's that thing nearly all Scoobies have where you park it and remove the key it starts counting down and idles your shit for 2 mins to prevent oil caking on the turbo impeller shaft

Simple shit bro

> Is it worth anything

No you need the $150+ greddy turbo timer to go with it. He just left it there as a courtesy to you in case you wanted to use one

Some widebands also use them

You'll have to look for clues on the previous setup like screw holes in the clock spring surround to mount the wideband
>>
>>1088488

Get a load of this cuck...
>>
>>1088488
it does look like some kind of timing/switching logic circuit. if it was not connected to anything then it was apparently without function.
>>1088418
possible it was some home-made security circuit for doing tricks to start it. someone disabled it but didn't throw it out is weird tho.
>>
File: IMG_2002.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2002.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Found the leak, did I do it right? The metal strip didn't really close the gap. Not sure how that seal is normally stick in place
>>
File: IMG_2003.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2003.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It's silicone for gutters, going to do another pass once it sets and holds the seal in place. Or did I fuck it up and use the wrong stuff
>>
>>1089575
you're fucking putting RTV where a weather strip is supposed to be

so you tell me
>>
Clearly a motor controller. Power transistors provide the output current foe a D.C. Motor. It looks like a three axis driver for a CNC like a printer or other head such as Lazer cutter. I see a comment it's something for a Subaru I think .
>>
>>1089709
That's not a motor controller, you fucking imbecile
>>
>>1089834
You're a pleasant little cherub aren't you
>>
>>1089593
I don't think im using RTV silicone, it's just standard UV resistant silicone for gutters. I'm asking if this is the right stuff because I'm not sure if I was meant to use a waterproof glue instead as the metal strip doesn't seem to press it in place, the silicone might not be suitable for whatever forces it's subjected to that's pulling it out.

>>1089834
I've just dismissed it as a part of whatever original security system as a third party one is in place
>>
>>1089593
Now that I read your post again, I realise you might have mistaken the missing weatherseal to be where I plan to silicone. I have already used the silicone, you can see the bead in the first pic. The weatherstrip was pulled out to show the metal strip, its going back in
>>
>>1088524

It's not homemade
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.