[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sagan disqualified from TDF 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

What is this faggottry? https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/04/mark-cavendish-crash-tour-de-france-stage-four
>>
>>1087550
>faggottry
Indeed. Sagan was quite within his rights to take that wheel. It was Cavendish, trying to take a gap that wasn't there, who ran into Sagan and not the other way around. As can be seen from multiple angles and in slow motion, the famous """elbow""" happens after Cavendish has already ran into the back wheel of Sagan and is about to hit the wall. It's simply Sagan regaining his balance.

Fuck UCI - once again.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-185425.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-185425.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>1087550
And here's a still. Look at the angle of Cavendish's front wheel. Look at his face. This is the split second after his front wheel bounced off Sagans rear.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-185322.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-185322.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>1087561
And here's where Cavendish pulls Sagans elbow out but hooking it with his bars.

I sure hope Sagan appeals this decision. It's a travesty.
>>
I'm glad that at least someone ran over Cavendish's fat ugly head.
>>
>>1087550
Sagan elbowed Cavendish and even referred to the act as "defending" in an interview after the stage.

/thread.
>>
>>1087567
>sagan elbowing anything
Retard.
https://streamable.com/amp_player/j7gqb
>>
>change line at an intermediate sprint and almost cause Greipel to crash
>on the next stage cause two (2) crashes in the final 2 km
And there are still delusional saganfags here who think he did nothing wrong
>>
>>1087573
cause =/= involved in
>>
File: tumblr_mxey2qcoVs1ssvv2po1_500.gif (501KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxey2qcoVs1ssvv2po1_500.gif
501KB, 500x300px
>>
File: DD59XYFUQAAbLvT.jpg large.jpg (156KB, 1170x779px) Image search: [Google]
DD59XYFUQAAbLvT.jpg large.jpg
156KB, 1170x779px
>>1087550
slav animal deserved it, judges had enough of his bullshit
>>
>>1087561
>>1087562
Yeah, he was failing right before Sagan moved his elbow, pretty similar like movie fights stunts.

The only wrong Sagan did was riding on the far right, but he obviously doesn't have time to look because it's a fucking race.
>>
>>1087582
Except he was the reason for both of the crashes in the end today. First one by squeezing into a gap that wasn't there and then by changing his line and forcing Cav to the barriers.

>>1087614
And the reason you're not allowed to change lines is because it's a race and you don't have time to look behind. Cav was on Demare's wheel and Sagan just tried to force himself onto that wheel by changing his line which forced Cav to the barriers.

Was it harsh to DQ him from the race? Yes. Was Sagan at fault for the crash? 100%.
>>
>>1087550
i dont know how anyone think Sagan did this on purpose

he's a pro cyclist who loves the sport, and it's the sprint finish, there's no "hiding" anything

>>1087561
>>1087562
these two stills show it best, Cavendish was shooting for a gap that wasn't there, seemingly at the same time Sagan was trying to get around the guy in front of him.

a DQ on Sagan is way too harsh and makes me not really want to watch the rest of the Tour, if Peter's not gonna be in it
>>
>>1087550

>The last time such a thing happened was in 2010 when the mild-mannered Australian Mark Renshaw decided to use his head as well as his legs at Bourg les Valence, not once, but several times, while in 1997 the otherwise utterly genteel Belgian Tom Steels was sent home for bunging a bidon at a fellow fastman.

- Cormac McCarthy
>>
File: sinister.jpg (18KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
sinister.jpg
18KB, 420x300px
>>1087550

Lance disagrees with the Sagan decision

https://soundcloud.com/user-411867241/episode-04-stage-4-stages-a-tdf-podcast-with-lance-armstrong

Firing up the podcast now but the intro starts off with him talking shit
>>
>>1087633
Those two stills only show the situation after Sagan had forced Cav into where he was. Few seconds before those still Cav was on Demare's wheel and Sagan next to him slightly ahead.

If you're not going to watch the tour because your favourite, and the only rider you know, got DQd you're just another once a year fan.
>>
>>1087640
i like watching the TdF but I also like watching Sagan race in it. he's a cool guy and i don't really /care/ about anyone else's performance, is all.

It looks like they both started going for the gap on the right at the same time. Cavendish tried to force room where there wasn't any and Sagan was ahead of him (which you say too). Sagan didn't "force" Cavendish to try and thread that needle
>>
File: sa-chan.webm (2MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
sa-chan.webm
2MB, 889x500px
>>1087640
>>1087645
he clearly hit hit. reposting form /sp/
>>
>>1087651
"clearly"

still looks (from that angle) like Sagan beat out Cavendish for wheel positioning and then Cavendish tried to squeeze around to the right when Sagan had already started doing the same thing, and they collided
>>
>>1087652
and i know i sound like a Sagan dickrider here but the contact does not look intentional or malicious

even with his elbow coming out, like >>1087562 here it seems like he might have just been caught on Cav's bars
>>
Sagan is a fucking stupid clown, he just got what he deserved
>>
>>1087653
It definitely looks like his forearm at least got caught on the bar in >>1087651 and less like he was throwing his elbow out.
>>
>>1087651
it loks like he hit him with shoulder and elbow was later to help him get the balance
>>
>>1087651
at 4 seconds in cav is already falling before sagans elbow even moves, also fuck cav for taking a line that doesnt exist
>>
Cavendish is cancer. Fuck stage whores has that cunt even completed one tour? Sagan ;_;
>>
>>1087645

Sagan is the chemo of a sport dominated by cheating dopers and skeletons. Green jersey is best jersey.
>>
Cav has a history of doing exactly what he did here; taking gaps that only barely exist and shouldering/headbutting his way in. This time it backfired on him. And he has the nerve to blame it on the guy he ran into.
The points and seconds initially taken from Sagan was wrong. A change to disqualification as a direct result of Cavs boss bitching is beyond the pale.

The UCI can go suck a bag of dicks.
>>
>>1087682

Sagan is the best bike handler in the race and you don't win green jersey by being a reckless fuckeit, like Cavendish. Fuck the tour it is a joke.
>>
>>1087573
>>on the next stage cause two (2) crashes in the final 2 km
EH, hold it there m80. As can be clearly seen from the helicopter footage, the first crash was the sole fault of Jacopo Guarnieri who touched a wheel and almost took Sagan, who was on his right, down with him. Sagan had nothing to do with that. He just happened to be alongside. It wasn't even Sagans wheel he touched.
The second, it is Cavendish trying to squeeze back into a gap he has let on Demare - after Sagan has already closed it. Demare initiated the rightward movement. Sagan followed on his wheel. Cavendish did not have the speed or position to challenge and should have let of or tried the left. Instead he tried to force it as is his style, and took three other riders out with him - two injured and one wrongfully disqualified.

Cavendish has always been a fucking hazard in sprints. This time it should be him they're sanctioning and not Sagan.
>>
File: greip.png (49KB, 894x208px) Image search: [Google]
greip.png
49KB, 894x208px
The Gorilla is man enough to admit that he jumped to conclusions. When will the UCI?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-07-04 18.08.51.png (689KB, 945x798px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-04 18.08.51.png
689KB, 945x798px
>>1087550
>>
>>1087684
>Fuck the tour it is a joke.

Yep.
>>
>>1087687

A class act. Hopefully justice will be done and Cavendish banned from grand tours.
>>
Fagets that ride like this have no place in the peloton.

https://youtu.be/869ytxoJsF8
>>
>>1087720

I don't know which one is Cavendish and I don't care at all, but the dude on the outside line is OBVIOUSLY at fault there.
>>
They should just do the whole thing on zwift
>>
Definitive proof that Sagan forced Cavendish into the railings before the elbow (yes the elbow looks bad, but it isn't why he was DQ'ed.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyElUBIW8Q
>>
>>1087756
>I don't know which one is Cavendish
I don't see how you can watch that video and not realise who that is Cavendish? What is your vestered interest in remaining ignorant as to who is Cavendish and why you are proud of this lack of recognition of as to who Cavendish is. I suggest that you DO know which one is Cavendish, and wheither or not you care about this minor detail is i dont care at all about that but you can't fool me that you not to know. I will tell you incase that you will keep pretending that it is cavendish, so now you DO know and there is no pretending otherwise, so basically, you're through here.
>>
OP here. Fuck this shit, I'm done watching this shit show.
>>
>you will never see Sagan bunny a traffic island in the middle of a sprint before wheelying over the finish line in tdf 2017

This sport is dead to me.
>>
>>1087691
woww EPICCC meem man!!
lmaoing my aass off rit enow
>>
>>1087691
I have been on 4chan for a decade now and that is without doubt the poorest quality meme I have ever seen
>>
>>1087639
Lance, fuck that guy. What does Greg Lemond think?
>>
>>1087787
Good, the less once a years we have acting like they know something about cycling the better.

>>1087827
Greg thinks everyone on the sprint was using hidden motors.
>>
Here's one of many videos of Cav doing his infamous shoulder push. So, was everyone unfair to him by locking him in this time too? Do you think he got punished for this - hm?
I wonder what pompous UCI arsehole Sagan got on the wrong side with to get a DQ for this incident. It's all Cav being Cav. Again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81QHVKKZj4
>>
>>1087691
go back to 9gag lmao wtf
>>
>>1087838

Cavendish is a piece of shit.
>>
>>1087838

Here we see again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6OTCdvy7fg

Unfortunately this trick doesn't work on Sagan because he's THE BEST!
>>
CAVENDISH FUCKED UP FUCK THE UCI MAY THEIR DICK BREAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZSBxFksKk
>>
>>1087771
>forced into railing
Sorry, but no. The whole thing started with a scuffle between Bouhanni and Greipel, that cause the whole field to wander over to the right. Cavendish, being last of the contenders, had a good view of this. Demare is leading the rightmost flank of this rightwards movement, and has dropped Cavendish by a bikes length or so. Sagan gets on Demares wheel and then goes for a pass on the right. Cavendish sees the whole group going to the fence, but still decides to make a push to pass - on the right, from behind, from last place of all involved when he could clearly see that the gap on the right is closing.

He gambled that he could force his way through by pushing and tackling like he usually does, and that gamble failed.
You're not obligated to let people in the back through. That's what sprint positioning _is_.

The UCI is in the wrong on this and the riders agree. If anyone should be harshly reprimanded it's Cavendish for being a brute. If anyone should be sanctioned for causing scuffle in the sprint it's Bouhanni and Demare. To fine or declass Sagan is an injustice. To DQ is fucking laughable!
>>
>>1087866
It seems like Sagan was the favourite and there is a lot of money put down on a race like this. Wouldn't surprise me if there is some UCI fuck with an agenda fucking around on this one.. Will be interesting to see how the appeal works out because everyone is calling bullshit on their reactionary decision. Will they double down on a dead horse like the democrats ? We shall see...
>>
>>1087867
>Wouldn't surprise me if there is some UCI fuck with an agenda fucking around on this one..
Getting the green on a frog would be one thing.
>Will be interesting to see how the appeal works out because everyone is calling bullshit on their reactionary decision.
There is no appeal. You can complain, the team did, and it was ignored. Sagan didn't start today and is out of the race. There's no going back now.

Although it would be a stand up thing to do if the UCI would apologise - UCI and being decent human beings doesn't go together. They're going to defend their obviously wrong decision to the bitter end, footage and video evidence to the contrary be damned.
>>
Daily remember that Peter Sagan did nothing wrong. Fuck Cav. And fuck you Froome.
>>
Allegedly, Prudhomme (the TdF organiser that originally docked Sagan with points deduction) is furious with the DQ decision of the UCI, and that's why he left the meeting early and in anger yesterday afternoon. This is going to turn into a nice little soap opera.
DQ isn't even a valid punishment for 'irregular sprinting'. Relegated to last and forfeiting points earned on the stage is. The UCI is overstepping the rulebook they're thumping so heavily.

Looking forward to the BORA press conference. I'd hope they tear the UCI a new one, but I don't think they'll dare. Unfortunately.
>>
even if he didn't elbow him, he still took his line.
>>
>>1087884
That's kind of what you're supposed to do it you're in front. If you're coming up from behind you're the one who should be finding a clear line. Someone closes you line? Tough shit. Find a new one. Don't try to tackle your way through anyway. There is no calling dibs on a line.
>>
>>1087651
and look at Sagan's legs, the curve of his body on the bike, he is clearly just trying to regain his balance
>>
File: n (2).jpg (144KB, 412x350px) Image search: [Google]
n (2).jpg
144KB, 412x350px
>all these screeching saganfags
/n/ confirmed reddit
>>
File: sagan_peter-1040x572.jpg (92KB, 1040x572px) Image search: [Google]
sagan_peter-1040x572.jpg
92KB, 1040x572px
>>1087909
>Sagan is reddit
>reddit has an active cycling community
>>
>>1087891
He was on the side. It's like in a car race, if someone overtakes you and you ram him in the side and push him off the road.
>>
>>1087872

>tour de skellington

Froome is a blatant cheat, who knows what he does that remains undiscovered. Like this flagrant cheating which literally made the difference between a win and a loss.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-penalised-20-seconds-for-illegal-feeding/
>>
>>1087909
>want disqualifications to be based on actual offence rather than politics
>must be sagan fanboy
Sure smells Cav-cuck in here.
>>
>>1088010
>Breaks the rules
>Takes his punishment in good grace
That's not the mark of a cheater tbqh
>>
>>1087550
I like both riders.....The judges/UCI/stewards made a bad call on this....this was a racing accident. Both riders had some action that resulted in the crash. But to DQ the one who stayed up is bullshit......ah well it changed the race.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.