[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huge noob. Just got my first bike and am wondering what kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 6814725013_4ff2fae256_b.jpg (257KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
6814725013_4ff2fae256_b.jpg
257KB, 1024x683px
Huge noob. Just got my first bike and am wondering what kind of pump I need.

My neighbor gave me a Motiv Newport FS before moving that's in good shape apart from the fact that the tires are a bit deflated. I wanted to buy an air pump but got really confused after googling what kind I could use. I saw that shock pumps were a thing, and don't know if that's a better call than an air pump. I also noticed that I can pump air directly into the tire, but also through the air shox. Which one should I be focusing on? I appreciate it!
>>
Shock pumps are for adjusting air suspension.
>>
>>1085545
so I can just get an air pump for the tires and be good to go?
>>
>>1085547
Yup. Floor pumps are more convenient for home (long hose, t-handle, larger volume fills tires in less pumps). But you should have a portable pump for fixing flats on the road.
>>
>>1085543
There are 2 things to consider:
Pump type
Valve type.

Pumps: There are portable pumps and floor pumps. The tradeoff is portability and ease of pumping. Larger pumps are easier to use, but harder to carry.

Valve type: There's Schrader and presta. Most pumps support both. Just google what they look like, but make sure you get a pump that works on your valve.

That's it.
>>
Chances are a tyre pump will not reach a sufficiently high pressure to adjust the rear shock so you'd need a shock pump for that, however if you don't want to spend the extra money for one or don't know what you're doing you could take it to a shop and get them to adjust it for you and then you shouldn't need to touch it again.

Whilst you technically can inflate a tyre with a shock pump it's not a good idea, they're designed for high pressures but low volumes which means it would take ages to get a tyre up to a suitable pressure.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.