[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuxing train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: UjF_-fyhneam2270936.jpg (39KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
UjF_-fyhneam2270936.jpg
39KB, 550x366px
How do you feel about China's newest bullet train model CR400 (dubbed "Fuxing" or prosperity)?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-06/26/c_136394318_3.htm

It's the first of the China Standardized EMU series train, which are (claimed to be) wholly Chinese design based on further development of foreign HSR tech that was transferred to China by France, Germany, and Japan as part of the previous gen HSR supply contracts to China.

CR400's service speed is 350km/h, and its design speed is 400km/h, making it the fastest non-maglev HSR in operation.

The first two trainsets start operating on the Beijing-Shanghai HSL immediately.
>>
It would be a good start if the PRC would "fuxing" go back to 350 km/h operation instead of this lame ass 300 km/h after their big train crash a few years ago.
>>
File: d952.jpg (427KB, 1280x935px) Image search: [Google]
d952.jpg
427KB, 1280x935px
>>1085022
Forgot to attach semi-related picture. Definitely looking forward to this.
>>
>>1085018
Who cares
Taiwan's Fuxing is a conventional speed train. PRC political motives.
>>
Stolen technology.

Anyone can send a bullet train to over 400km/h, it's a question if they can do so safely and economically. As demonstrated by the Wenzhou crash and subsequent slowdown (including a drop in ticket prices) China can't do either.

Basically I don't care because it's just another pair of ugly-as-shit ripoff trains. (Seriously how do they manage to make such hideous rollingstock every time? "If we slap some pointy and angry headlights on it, then it'll look sleek and cool!!!11!" When actually it looks like an edgy 13 year old has designed all of their vehicles)
>>
>>1085061
> safely and economically
Also geographically.
Lol at PRC's curve radius, lines passing through at middle of nowhere for real estate bubble and speculative development.
>>
>>1085061
How can it be "stolen technology" if Alstom, Siemens, Bombardier, and Kawasaki voluntarily transferred HSR tech to their Chinese partners with approval of French, German, and Japanese governments?

China has such massive scale, when they ask for tech transfer in their request for proposals, they usually get it.

Besides, it's hardly the first time HSR tech was transferred to other countries as part of large orders. France trasferred HSR tech to Spain and South Korea who both have indiginous HSR designs based on TGV tech now.
>>
>>1085018
Fixing mean renaissance
>>
>>1085061
>safely
Can you name some railway accidents happened in China after Wenzhou accident?

>economically
https://m.rediff.com/business/report/pix-beijing-shanghai-bullet-train-worlds-most-profitable-high-speed-rail/20160720.htm

>Basically I don't care
So why did you waste your time to write so many words to post on this thread?
>>
>>1085018
Hmm... hopefully built better than other Made in China stuff i've owned.
>>
>>1085283
>Net profit after deducting operational cost from revenue
How about the construction and related financial cost? And what was the justification behind the most recent price increase?

>after Wenzhou accident
The fact that such an incident is intentionally made happen for political goals is already enough to speak for its safety level
>>
>>1085137
Because they want to export.

All of those contracts expressly stipulated that it's forbidden.

But luckily countries with governments that won't accept Chinese bribes have no interest in it. Though it does mean that third world shitholes are buying dangerous and stolen tech, it's not like they can afford to run it either so it'll be a rusting heap in 15 years anyway.
>>
File: rts9dh6.jpg (126KB, 1600x886px) Image search: [Google]
rts9dh6.jpg
126KB, 1600x886px
>>1085283
can you name a single fatal accident that has happened on the Shinkansen?
>>
>>1085283
> "Rediff.com is an Indian news, information, entertainment and shopping web portal"
> "The Beijing-Shanghai bullet train has made a profit of nearly $1 billion, raking rare financial gains compared to China's other high-speed trains most of whom reportedly run on losses."
> "Known as the "the world's most profitable high-speed rail,"
> "Known as"
Do you fucking read what you post wumao-suspect?
https://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/07/20/chinas-busiest-high-speed-rail-line-makes-a-fast-buck/
> "Chinese state media has often touted the line as the most profitable high-speed rail route in the world."
> "Four years after it started operations, the high-speed rail link connecting China’s political capital of Beijing to the commercial capital of Shanghai became profitable for the first time."
>>
>>1085061
>Stolen technology.
Muh intellectual property!
>>
>>1085306
>...Though it does mean that third world shitholes are buying dangerous and stolen tech, it's not like they can afford to run it either so it'll be a rusting heap in 15 years anyway

So, America?
>>
>>1085296
>>1085317
>>1085308
Have you heard of any railway systems which are profitable?
Infrastructure is for profiting the citizens and boosting the economy. This small scale of loss means nothing compared to the profit for the economy.

Also, the accident had already happened and becomes history. What China can do in the future is to avoid the similar accident happened again.
>>
>>1085363
>small scale of loss
They have trillion debts, and for every quarter without accounting financial subsidy they lost billions, and that's already taken into account income from other non transportation subsidy.
>Any railway system which are profitable?
Like most JR?
>Profiting the citizens and boosting the economy
Or they can jist open up more air space to civilian aviation and let LCCs do the job.
>Accident already become history and what China can do is to avoid future similar accident happened again
I'll gladly be notified when they stop letting politics interfere operations
>>
>>1085363
Way to avoid a shitty question and response by using the opposite!
> Infrastructure is for profiting the citizens and boosting the economy
Ie CPC offcials, state-owned enterprises and GDP.
> This small scale of loss means nothing compared to the profit for the economy.
Until you actually calculate the profit and it turns out to be a loss and debts.

Lastly,
> Have you heard of any railway systems which are profitable?
JR Central? Tokkaido Shinkansen?
Oh and sorry I live with the MTR although I barely use it, in an occupied state called HKSAR under the menace of the PRC.
>>
>>1085306
>But luckily countries with governments that won't accept Chinese bribes have no interest in it.
And this should be the cue for people to stop arguing with you. Anyone who says this on a transportation board has a clear anti-China bias.

>>1085367
>>1085380
Are you seriously denying the economic benefits of high-speed rail? And the Tokaido Shinkansen is the only HSR line in the world to have ever recouped its capital costs and that took decades and bankrupted JNR in the process. And since everyone loves to praise JR, I'll point out that the Kyushu Shinkansen runs at a loss and that the Hokkaido Shinkansen was built with them not expecting to make an operating profit for at least 20 years.

Why are you all so mad at China? At least >>1085380 has an excuse.
>>
>>1085317
You need to compare the fare structure between chinese and japanese HSR before making such remarks, something the article failed to do so (perhaps intentionally)
>tokyo-shin osaka shinkansen
-distance: ~500 km
-fare: ~$130 (for reserved seat)

>beijing-shanghai HSR line
-distance: ~1300 km
-fare: ~$130 (on first class seat)

People are paying less on Beijing-Shanghai line, so it's expected that the line could only be profitable pretty recently.
>>
>>1085407
Not to mention that JNR (and government of japan) had only finished paying the loan to build the Tokaido line in mid 80s
>>
>>1085407
Yeah, there are economical venefit in building and constructing high speed rail lines, but the situation in China is that it doesn't appears to be able to recoup the cost even after calculating the social benefits and you must start taking into account things like security and sense of accomplishment into it. Also, to put the situation into perspective, they don't even want to construct high speed line to Hanoi/Almary/Vladivostok which would have much greater socioeconomical return
>>
>>1085417
If they asked for higher proce people would turn to airlines instead
>>
>>1085501
They could charge 20 percent extra and people would still use train. 150 bucks for first class train ride? Last I checked a business class ticket from PEK to SHA cost at least 4x more, and you have to deal with typical airline bullshit
>>
>>1085529
but they don't
>>
>>1085407
You guys need to stop it with the victim complex.
Anything that isn't adoring and praising your government for everything it does is now 'anti-china bias'.

Every wondered why the contest for the Mexican HSR system was re-run? Because of corruption in the original tender where China had been paying off local officials. It's well-documented and well known.
>>
>>1085341
>muh IP!
Why do we even have laws? Why can't I sell the shit I stole from you? Why am I fucking retarded?
>>
>>1085018

Nose flyoff, because the left one looks kinda fastech and the right one looks kinda velaro...

And whatever happened to that silver long droopnose one they were harping a year or two back?
>>
>>1085550
If I steal your intellectual property, you still have it. The jump from muh IP to muh law and order is quite tall.
>>
>a high speed rail line to vladivostok would have much greater socioeconomical return than routes like beijing to shanghai

nigga what
>>
>>1085655
meant for >>1085500

also iirc some of the easternmost routes in china began to turn out profits as early as 2011
>>
>>1085018
>Fuxking train
No thanks
>>
>>1085657
I mean some other routes they are considering constructing
>>
>>1085598
But the value of my IP suddenly halves or even quarters because 1. You can produce it and flood the market. 2. Your shitty production standards trash the brand and no one wants to buy it any more.

I still suffer a loss due to an illegal action on your part. It's 100% unlawful why are you even arguing otherwise what the fuck
>>
>>1085598
yeah, if you videotap a movie in cinema the movie is still on their hand so it's perfectly fine?
>>
File: beijing shanghai profitability.jpg (47KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
beijing shanghai profitability.jpg
47KB, 321x500px
>>1085417
It is profitable you dumbass
>>
>>1085941

>Source: Xinhua

Kek
>>
>>1085941
Luv 2 trust and believe in everything the chinese state media tells me
>>
>>1085941
>Passenger numbers going up
>Profits going down
Really builds my wall…
>>
>>1085941
Yes, that tiny operational profit can't even pay for the annual interest of debts created for construction of the route
>>
>>1085941
>one high speed rail line is profitable
>surely this makes up for the rest hemorrhaging money

Economic calculation problem strikes again
>>
>>1086030
>i'm a retard who can't see the negative sign
>>
>>1085945
Wow do you expect fair reporting about china on CNN?
>>
>>1086216
>"the only two news sources on the planet are Xinhua & CNN"
>>
>>1086218
>>1085945
what source would you trust?
>>
>>1086220
BBC and the Economist.

American news is basically clickbait and chinese news just make shit up to compensate for xi's tiny dick
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.