[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate pinch punctures. I run 28mm wide tires at 90psi and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (6KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 302x167px
I hate pinch punctures. I run 28mm wide tires at 90psi and I still get them. I'm 210lbs (95kg). Should I go up to 100psi? Any other tips?
>>
>>1084397
On the road just go up to the maximum recommended pressure
>>
>>1084402
What about light gravel?
>>
of course 100. at least. get some hard gators or something thats rated for a good 115-120
>>
>>1084404
I may move up to 32mm Panaracer Gravelkings. Right now I'm running Continental ultra sports and those are rated to 115. My pump only goes up to 100 so that kinda sucks.
>>
>>1084397

go tubeless.

no joke,
get some tubless tires and some rimtape valves and sealant and never have punctures ever agian.
>>
>>1084497
nah, tubeless on road is a fucking pain and not worth it. You shouldn't, under normal circumstances, get pinch flats (unless you ram into a pothole or slam into a curb like an idiot. but again, normal circumstances)

OP, just up your tire pressure, you're running too low.
>>
>>1084502

or you could go tubless and be faster and more comfortable while beeing completly puncture proof
>>
File: hilarylol.jpg (20KB, 450x315px)
hilarylol.jpg
20KB, 450x315px
>>1084406 #
>Continental Ultra Shits for light gravel
>210lb
>90psi
>100psi pump
There is just so much wrong here i don't even know
>>
>>1084397
>Any other tips
Practice unweighting the saddle when you're going over bumpy terrain. You might be getting pinch flats from sitting in the saddle when you should be out of it.
>>
Try losing some weight
>>
>>1084593
>>1084553
Ik I'm fat ok jeez. I'm trying to get down to 190. I'm a big guy so thats healthy for me.
Those were the tires that came with the bike and don't have the money to replace them right yet. I just rode 40 miles on flat gravel and occasionally hit a hard rock or tree root and everything worked out fine. Upped pressure to 100 each.
>>
>>1084596
>190 is healthy for me
How's life being 6'5
>>
>>1084593
it's this
>>
>>1084402
You're a faggot who's wrong
>>
>>1084593

Fuckin bikefags are the worst
>try to lose weight
>get a bike
>bike around
>bike problems

>how do I fix x
>lose weight fatty

Assholes all of them.
>>
>>1084637
>buy expensive road bike
>tires keep pinching
>riding on gravel with road tires
The weight is the issue. Id sugarcoat that but you'd eat it too
>>
>>1084403
>>1084406
If you're riding on gravel, you want lower pressures, not higher pressures.

Yeah, higher pressure will help prevent pinch flats on low-volume tires, but it promotes other punctures.

A tire at lower pressure has a chance to deform a little around irregularities in the surface, reducing pressure points and the chances of punctures. An ultra-high pressure, rock-hard tire will ride over the top of gravel without deforming, maximizing the pressure on sharp edges.

I used to run 35mm tires on my fire road bike - usually around 50psi for mixed-surfaces riding, or 70psi if I knew it was going to be all paved. Now I roll with 45mm tires, 40psi offroad and 60psi paved.
>>
>>1084622
6'2 but I have a lot of upper body strength and actually lift weights. Even currently my body fat percentage is healthy.
>>
>>1084636
No, he's right.
>riding below max pressure on pavement
>being a filthy casual
I always go AT LEAST to max pressure, if not over. And I'm pretty thin/light.
>>
>>1084716
Yeah max pressure for max speed, better git gud
>>
>>1084718
this
>>
File: jjjlol4.jpg (34KB, 798x534px)
jjjlol4.jpg
34KB, 798x534px
>>1084650
>Id sugarcoat that but you'd eat it too
>>
>lmoa just pump it 2 da MAXXX
We're not talking about about the velodrome here. Just because you feel more bumps doesn't mean you're going faster.

>>1084402
You realise the pressures printed on tyre sidewalls have little if anything to do with the tyre's performance, right?
>>
>>1084716
>current year
>falling for the high pressure is better meme

You enjoy haiving your bones rattled to pieces, I guess.
>>
>>1084736
But you ARE going faster when you are not patching pinch flats.
>>1084756
If you are heavy enough to pinch at 90psi, I don't think the max pressure is going to be too bad..
>>
>>1084804
Obviously, but the guy I'm replying is not the OP.
>>
>people shitting on op for being 210

some people like to look good off the bike too, not everyone wants to wear XXS jerseys just to save grams
>>
>>1084919
He's getting pinch flats at 90psi
His weight is too high for his bike
Hes probably fatter than he's admitting to too
>>
>>1084929

At a loss here. I am fuckin 330 and I have never had any issues with my tires other than wear. I use a road bike
>>
>>1084919
Thanks bud. I lift and treat biking as a hobby and not a sport.
>>1084929
weighed 211 this morning
>>
>>1084953
regarding the fatty talk.

I used to run schwalbe lugano as a 55kg wimp and was as carefull as possible with my bike, but I still punctered all the time.

after changing the tires, everything was cool.

maybe it's the tires.
>>
>>1085049
10k kilometers on 23mm luganos and only one puncture.I did wear through 4 sets in that distance..(was about 75 kg)

Shows how the same tires lead to different experiences.
>>
>>1084397
how bout lose some weight lmao
>>
Consider the possibility of a shitty guage that isn't showing the proper PSI on your pumping. Press the tire with your thumbs- does it feel pumped up?
Also, put your weight on the bike and look how pressed the tires look against the ground. Put all your weight on one wheel and see how squishy it gets.
>>
>>1085058

yeah it's weird, i heard good stuff about luganos but for me they were absolutly terrible
>>
>>1084397
Dude I used to weigh 215 and never had any problems. Up the pressure and get thick tubes. Try thickslicks maybe? Some people here probably consider them a meme but they have a good reputation.
>>
Your tyres should never be at ant other pressure than 100 psi (or 7 bar depending on which locale you perfer)
>>
>>1084397
In my opinion road bikes are pretty fragile, I'm 240lbs, and for A to B cycling I got a commuter bike, pump the tires to 80-90psi, and I'm good. I didn't want to deal with the bike being fragile, and wanted to hop up curbs, plus I know I'm not going to win the Tour De France anytime soon, so it works pretty good.
>>
>>1085770
The tires are ~40mm wide, and I inflate them as much as I can with my hard to inflate pump ~80-90PSI.
>>
>>1084403

Get fatter fucking tyres then dickhead.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.