[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless on Public Transport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Homeless.jpg (424KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Homeless.jpg
424KB, 2048x1365px
What are your thoughts on homeless people riding public transport? I live in San Diego, and the amount of smelly, crazy, drug abusing bums riding the trolley is out of control. I'm used to it now, but I think many middle and upper class people really discard the trolley as a result. I understand that public transport is most beneficial for the lower class, but ought there be more standards? How is the situation in your city?
>>
File: metro .jpg (114KB, 574x299px) Image search: [Google]
metro .jpg
114KB, 574x299px
>>1084349
Don't know.

I live in a country where homelessness is basically non-existent, due social security that covers everyone an home to live in.

But there are some druggies on the metro, trams and commuter trains, mainly because there isn't ticket barriers and ticket inspectors aren't everywhere.

Pic related, the metro. Since it travels to the ''shitty parts'' of Helsinki, there is often bums and smelly people.
>>
- Whenever the bus/tram reached terminal, all passengers should be deboarded, and then driver should shut the engine and lock the door after that. Reboarding would require the passenger pay the fare again
- For metro, the ampubt of time allowed for one person to stay in the metro from entering a station to leaving another should be restricted to like two or three hours depend on longest journey you can possibly make in the network. Anyone who stay in the paid area for exceedingly long should pay a fine for abusing the facility.
- And public transport company and their staff should be given right to refuse people who would be disruptive to other passenger from using their service just like in cinema/etc
>>
There is a simple solution to all of this: reintroduce 1st class/2nd class/3rd class schemes to rail transport. You have the 3rd class cars where only homeless sit and middle class and rich people get their own separate cars. Voila.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 512x288px
>>1084349
I don't normally see homeless people on the train or tram, however there's usually evidence of them being on the platform and around the station. Usually beer bottles and occasionally a used syringe. I once found s couch under the rail bridge in pic
>>
>>1084392
'class' transport was removed on purpose to strip class consciousness from the people.
No joke.
>>
File: 1031691-kaiserwagen-histori.jpg (83KB, 720x550px) Image search: [Google]
1031691-kaiserwagen-histori.jpg
83KB, 720x550px
There are not many homeless people here in Germany.
But here they do exactly this.
>>1084389
Works like a charm, never seen a smelly bum in a bus or train.
>>
>>1084349
New York.

They're everywhere, but they do tend to congregate on lines that are mostly or completely underground. The C, R, and E are very popular services for them.
>>
>>1084765
>Aircraft seating classes
>>
>>1084349
Near perfect weather means you can sleep outside all year round, and I bet the drivers are told to never engage with a non-paying customer. NYC basically has a policy (for bus drivers at least) that if someone doesn't want to pay just let them on because it's not worth being assaulted for.
>>
>>1084349
Lots of beggars hanging around the transit hubs. Five minutes of waiting for a bus means two or three crack heads asking me for money. On the actual buses and trains it's a lot more rare. There's a pretty heavy amount of transit security. Technically they're just supposed to write a ticket for fare evaders; but they like to handcuff and be rough with people.
>>
>>1084975
How many homeless people do you see on flights?
>>
>>1084349
Overcrowd those public transports so those people wouldn't be comfortable there
>>
Unless they're actively touching you or threatening you; ya can fuck off. Your life could be in the gutter and you're still doing better than these fucks.
Leave them be, OP.

Oh, they smell? Deal with it, pussy. Oh, they're making noise; are ya fucking autistic. (In which case, fine, but you can learn some ways to cope) Like, none of this shit actually matters.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.