[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Public Transportation so terrible in America? Why will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ams-usa-population-mine.png (2MB, 1982x1423px) Image search: [Google]
ams-usa-population-mine.png
2MB, 1982x1423px
Why is Public Transportation so terrible in America?
Why will a city and its suburbs be governed by several different municipalities and councils, with no unified transit policy or system in sight instead each following their own little ideas in their little political fiefdom?

And where the hell is the HSR?
>>
File: KagamiIsMadNow.jpg (69KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
KagamiIsMadNow.jpg
69KB, 1024x576px
>>1084268
Some people literally think it's Communism.
>>
Public transport was consciously gutted by the influence of the automotive industry. The heavy car infrastructure isn't something that 'arose naturally', it's by design.
>>
wow
o o
wow

Public transportation is terrible almost anywhere.
>>
>>1084268
>Why is Public Transportation so terrible in America?
Your pic answered it.

>Why will a city and its suburbs be governed by several different municipalities and councils
Learn public administration and politics.
>>
>>1084268
>And where the hell is the HSR?
>>1084278
Being built and planned in corridors.
Not in between hells of desert and plains unpopulated.
>>
>>1084269
Funny communism can give rise to shit public transport.
>>
>>1084268
>Why is Public Transportation so terrible in America?
It is always shit, even here in germany.
I litteraly need half the time to get somewhere with my bike.
Where I live you even need to pay 2 different tickets to use all busses in the city.
>>
Companies earn the most money when people drive as opposed to other models. That is why we mostly drive. Am I mistaken?

See also: US healthcare cost, electronic waste, military projects, prison labor
>>
>>1084271
>Public transportation is terrible almost anywhere.
truth i think it must be by definition.
>>
>>1084304
>Am I mistaken?
you sure are, people like to pay minimum for maximum comfort and versatility. if bikes would deliver what cars can at a much cheaper price point everybody would ride bikes. but generally they can't. if public transportation would deliver the same versatility and comfort as cars at a lower price everyone would use it instead of driving cars. but it's crap. i used bike and public transport for like 20 years. i only drive a car in the past 5 years. and i will tell you this people drive cars because it's way better. it protects you from the elements like public transport (actually better) but it offers versatility in destinations like a bike and offers superior cargo capacity to both.
>>
>>1084270
This.

America is the land of public costs and private profit.
>>
Most public transportation systems aren't designed to make a profit to begin with, even if the actual ridership is well and above the projected level, whether or not its a good or bad thing is up for debate but the main issue if it doesn't have stable funding, the people who run the systems are probably less focused on improving and more worried who ever gets in power next and whether or not there pressured to cut funding or not.
>>
>>1084271
>Public transportation is terrible almost anywhere.

Eh not really, you ever been to any real first world countries?
>>
>>1084336
Cuck
>>
In the USA, if you don't have a car, you're a second-class citizen. Hence, public transport here is heavily associated with the poor, and poor people scare away middle class and rich people. Add those things together, and you have the source of the USA's problem with public transport.
>>
>>1084336
>cars
>better
Right, I'd rather sit in traffic for an hour and pay for parking than bike to the train station in 5 minutes, take the train to work in 20, and bike the rest of the 5 minutes when I get off and not have to worry about paying for parking.

People like you are ruining this country. Why bother encouraging development of adequate public services when you've already gotten everything you need at the expense of nearly everything and everyone around you?
>>
>>1084390
No, you misunderstand completely. Those aren't the sources, those are symptoms. The automotive industry is 20% of america's economy, you think they don't have a say in how public infrastructure is designed?
Yes, more suburbs. More highways, more parking. Bus stations? Funding for public transport like rails? That just gets in the way of profit for the automotive industry. Why think, if buses were well funded and pleasant and convenient to use, that's potentially millions fewer cars. And that's billions less profit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.