[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you forget to lube your brake pads so they get squeaky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: facepalm.jpg (25KB, 920x606px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
25KB, 920x606px
>yfw you forget to lube your brake pads so they get squeaky
Anyone else ever forget to lube their brake pads?
>>
I had a squeaky brake pad yesterday. Turned out it was from a piece of gravel that had flung up from my tyres and landed on my brakepad and contacted my tyre every time I applied the brakes. It came from a freshly resurfaced road so the tar was still wet when it landed.

Glad my bike isn't expensive since it has small flecks of tar on the frame from the wheels.
>>
>>1084222
I always lube my brake pads before and after downhill runs. It still doesn't work though because the wheel gets stuck and quits moving when I apply the brakes. Not sure what is out of adjustment here.
>>
>>1084222
Is this supposed to be bait?

FWIW to anyone who doesn't know better:
Noisy rim brakes are usually caused by a condition called 'glazing'; the rubber compound of the brake pads gets a slick, shiny appearance to them, and/or the braking surface of the rim gets contaminated. The way to remedy the problem is to clean the rim thoroughly, so it's clean, bare metal again, and to rough up the brake pads with something like coarse sandpaper or a fairly coarse file, so they're not shiny anymore. Also use the blade of a screwdriver or a knifeblade to clean out any debris in the vertical grooves in the pads. While you're at it, make sure the brakes are centered and otherwise adjusted properly.
>the moar you know! xD
>>
Can you recommend good brake pad lube? I used WD40 in the past, but they just squeaked louder after some km.
>>
>>1084258
Marine grease works wonders, smoothest braking ever.
>>
>>1084258
Asstroglyde
>>
>>1084258
Araldite
>>
File: elixir7goosehorn.jpg (425KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
elixir7goosehorn.jpg
425KB, 800x753px
>apply either brake in any condition
>HOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKKKKKK
Fuck that "on your left" shit- I got 2 built in horns
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.