[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unicycles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: uni-los.jpg (655KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
uni-los.jpg
655KB, 1152x2048px
ITT: Post your uni
>>
File: 1971_schwinn_unicycle.jpg (43KB, 289x656px) Image search: [Google]
1971_schwinn_unicycle.jpg
43KB, 289x656px
>Schwinn actually used this as an ad for their unicycle
Kek
>>
>>1083124
>whitewalled tire
>trim lookin' dude
looks like a fine ad to me
speaking of tires, I'd like to order a different tire for my Torker. It's 26", so there are a lot of tires available. I think something with colored treads would be neat
>>
File: 1144.jpg (629KB, 2048x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1144.jpg
629KB, 2048x1144px
>>
Has anyone gone touring with their unicycle? If so what type of panniers did you use?
>>
>>1083140
that trail looks fun
>>
bumping!
No picture for now but I've got a question.
I'm planning upgrading disc brake in my 27.5" qu-ax because currently it's doesn't have enough stopping power in downhill sections.
I want to get metallic brake pads for sure, but i don't know if I should get 180mm or 203mm rotor (currently 160mm). I'm concerned that 203 might be too much, but on the other hand price difference isn't that big and bigger rotor will dissipate heat better (I'm using brakes a lot)

Olso, any freaks that go hiking with their munis and than going downhill?
>>
File: corse.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
corse.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>1084370
Found photo on my phone, so quality is not great.
It's from my trip to Corsica, found some of the best trails i've ever ridden in Bonifacio on cliffs.
Views were amazing, it was hot as fuck and the trail was very demanding. It mainly consisted of rocks with a lot of cracks, gaps etc. and a ton of loose rocks. Also bushes with thorns everywhere.
>>
File: half-size-2.jpg (2MB, 1511x2686px) Image search: [Google]
half-size-2.jpg
2MB, 1511x2686px
>>1084370
Yeah, OP here and I did just that today. I probably hiked a little less than half the trail, as it was a mostly uphill climb to a mountain top. I managed to unicycle up a small portion of the steep parts, and all of the downhill parts. Was a great time.

Pic was from the summit. Sorry I can't help you with your brakes

>captcha: For Sale BRAKES
>>
>>1086065
Great views man!
Unfortunately i don't have much time to ride, as soon as i pass all the exams I've got to hit some trails.
About brakes, I have decided to go with 203mm rotor, if it happens to be too big i can always swap it for 180 and use it in my bike.
>>
Someone should create a uni with a gearbox hub so that you don't have to hike the uphill parts.
>>
>>1083120
i never thought this will be a serious freestyle, mountain racing, olympic, artistic and trial sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5O8II-kaM8
>>
File: g_KH2011.10.jpg (24KB, 340x282px) Image search: [Google]
g_KH2011.10.jpg
24KB, 340x282px
>>1086779
Schlumpf?
>>
File: alum.jpg (181KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
alum.jpg
181KB, 960x960px
>>1086778
Yeah, going out to the trails really sucks up my day. I usually have to plan a day in advance and avoid stressing my legs out too much. The following morning I try to get up early and leave by 9 AM or earlier, as 10AM - 4PM is the worst for skin exposure (tryna avoid skin cancer). Gotta get my camelbak ripoff prepared, protective gear, sunscreen applied and make sure everything's adjusted and ready. Then drive out there. But obviously it's worth it
>>1086779
>>1086797
So, turns out, that Shlumpf hub you linked is brand new. Should be better than the one they made pre 2010 iirc. Also very expensive... iirc, 700-1100 pounds. And they need to be sent back for repairs eventually, which is another ~300 pounds. But if you can afford it... it makes a 26" wheel as fast as a 44" wheel. IIRC the gearing is +50%. So if you have a 26 inch wheel, add 13... 39 inches I guess? But you gotta factor in the extra diameter afforded by the tire. So closer to 44".
>>1086786
Yeah, it's amazing. It's not for clowns anymore. Like I think I already said in this thread, I've lost some pounds since I started about 2 months ago. I've seen videos of people ride through snow, streams, mud, gravel and dirt. I saw a video of a dude do a long jump on his unicycle, and he cleared 4 meters. There was a crowd spectating, iirc. A world record maybe?

Picture is from my last 'muni' ride, though it was more of a steep hiking trail than something that an advanced bicyclist would tackle. Any mediocre mountain biker could have tackled the trails here, and I had to walk most of the steep uphill parts. Though there were some uphill parts I could pump through :) Once I get a unicycle with a brake I'll be able to do the super-steep downhills.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.