[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering buying an electric skateboard/longboard. They are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ST_profile_2048x2048.jpg (36KB, 1382x921px) Image search: [Google]
ST_profile_2048x2048.jpg
36KB, 1382x921px
Considering buying an electric skateboard/longboard. They are cheaper than electric bikes and generally fulfill the same purpose in terms of transportation. Does anyone here have one that could share their experience?

inb4 casey neistat meme
>>
>>1082893
Buy a regular bike and pedal it, you lazy faggot.
>>
>>1082893
I've tried both the 2nd Gen Boosted (Dual model) and the Evolve Bamboo GT.

I think the Boosted is the better overall product. The deck is better and more flexible which wakes it more comfortable to ride. The parts are more easily user-maintained and user-replaceable, including a swappable battery. I also think the remote is better.

To me, the only advantage of the Evolve is range, ~21 miles compared to the ~12 miles on the Boosted with an extended range battery. The difference is that on the Boosted, you can just carry and extra battery and outrange the Evolve (which you can't quick-swap the battery on) that way.

Don't get me wrong, both are good products. But unless range on a single battery with a single charge is a trump card for you, I'd recommend the Boosted Gen 2 (dual or dual+).
>>
>>1082893

A friend of mine bought a Boosted board and used it to commute for about a month before he fell back on bus/light rail/zipcars.

They are toys, not transportation. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to understand what you are getting in to is not a viable long or even short-term way of moving around a city.
>>
>>1082917
That's not the board's problem, that's your friend's problem. I use it to commute in an urban environment almost every day, with hills even, and it's totally fine. And when there's traffic, I can often go a few miles faster than driving, calling a car, or taking transit.

The assertion that it's not viable to rely on it for short city trips is blatantly false. The user's commitment to using it 100% determines the outcome, not any factors having to do with the board itself.
>>
>>1082921

I could commute on a Razor scooter, with adequate commitment.

That doesn't make it a worthwhile transportation device.
>>
>>1082923
What a profoundly dumb statement. It's cruises at 20 mph. A Razor scooter doesn't. It's practically no different than having an electric bike for the purpose of commuting.

If you don't care for it , then simply don't buy one.

But the claim that it isn't physically practical for short urban commutes is objectively false.
>>
>>1082927
>It's cruises at 20 mph.

What a profoundly dumb statement.
I don't think you know what "cruising" is.
Cruising is not your maximum speed. Cruising is your most efficient speed.

Let's be clear. I like the damn things. They're fun.

But if you believe that your are using it to commute because it is "practical" rather than using it to commute because it is "fun", you are fucking delusional.
>>
>>1082932
And you are denying the facts of basic engineering and practical use. I literally fucking ride it to it's full stated range at a full speed cruise every day. Your butthurt doesn't change the facts of the matter. It operates exactly as claimed in varied, real world conditions in an urban environment. Period, end of story.

Again, if it's not your thing, then feel free to fuck off and not comment on something you clearly know nothing about on a first hand basis.
>>
>>1082932
You just admitted that it's usable for commuting. Whether or not it happens to be fun on top of that is totally secondary to the act of actually commuting. Fun is the bonus, not the primary benefit if you are using it for a practical purpose first and foremost for any given trip.
>>
>>1082913
Been using a bike for a year now but it was bought used and the state it's been in recently is slowly becoming un-usable. I could buy a new bike or an alternative like an electric skateboard which is why I'm posting here.
>>
>>1082923
>Not commuting on a high end pro scooter.
>>
>>1083254
why not, reliable even kids throwing it down on the street every 5 mins doesn't make them break

light, even most 5 year olds can carry them and walk to their friend's house
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.