[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bqg/ - Bike Questions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 67

/bqg/ - Bike Questions General

Last thread hits limit: >>1078151 → →

Resources:
http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help
http://sheldonbrown.com/
https://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-tools/frame-sizer

hope you guys dont care about a different art pic, just wanted a change (again)
>>
File: Foto1103.jpg (535KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Foto1103.jpg
535KB, 1536x2048px
i just did 5000km with my first road bike, so im gonna change my chain (yep im going with this method instead of measuring wear, the idea is to change it before wear happens, and yes i should change it a bit sooner next time).

anyways, i have no experience with chains, its the only basic thing i still dont do myself. so i bought pic related. bike has 105 11speed.
pla is to eat now while watching a bunch of youtube tutorials about chain changing. then im doing it.

should i know anything else? should i avoid tdoing it the first time alone and seek help with someone else or is my plan ok and im gonna be ok just with some vids and a little google maybe?

thanks.
>>
>>1081621
i bought online a new bike with hydraulic brakes, after many years of being disconnected from current trends/technology - should arrive in a couple of days.

should i bleed them after unboxing or is it common practice to ship the brakes ready for use?
>>
>>1081625

It's just a bicycle drivetrain.
Get over it.
If it represents a major financial and emotional investment to you, get over that.
>>
>>1081638
Most new bikes come with the hoses pre-filled with fluid, occasionally they need to be bled or to have a wee drop of excess fluid removed from the line, but 90% of the time they work properly out of the box.

If you have no experience with hydraulic brakes it would not be a bad idea to have a shop inspect your bike (or at least your brakes) after initial setup.
>>
>>1081654
thanks!
what if they're trp hy/rd? will the compact design help/minimize maintenance overall?

and what about the "do not hang hydraulic brakes bikes" meme?
>>
File: 61N43AZHeTL._SL1000_.jpg (90KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61N43AZHeTL._SL1000_.jpg
90KB, 1000x1000px
Anybody have experience with Continental Vertical or Explorers? Shitty old tires caused me to slide out and smash my face into a tree last week and I don't want that happening again
>>
>>1081668

meme tread.
Buy maxxis like everyone else or please just get off the trail.
>>
>>1081672
what maxxis you nog
>>
>>1081650
i just asked a technical question regarding something i have zero experience with in case i should avoid any common mistake or whatever.

im not actually having a financial or emotional breakdown. i literally just sepent 2 or 3 minutes typing a question that could maybe avoid me a bigger hassle.

maybe i was just expecting somethig like "its simple just go for it" and maybe thats what you are saying just with other words.
thanks
>>
>>1081676

Well you bought a Shimano chain instead of KMC or SRAM.

So the keystone mistake has already been made. Guarantee you'll never make it again.
>>
>>1081621
Is there a different in effort between a gear ratio of (for example) 50:25 versus 40:20

i know the ratio is the same, but is the 40:20 "easier" to pedal?

i ask because i recently built a SS commuter running 48:16/17 i dont remember and it feels WAY easier to pedal than my 1x commuter with a 53 tooth chainring up front and 8 speeds in the back, regardless of gear that im in
>>
>>1081676
make sure you dont put the chain on upside down
>>
Selling my old mountain bike for something more road friendly, it feels so slow and sluggish compared to my brothers commuter style bike.

What should I be looking for for a basic city bike? Looking to spend like $200 for something used on craigslist or whatever.
>>
>>1081682
2:1 is the same ratio regardless of tooth count, the difference is that 40:20 will save a little weight, 50:25 will have a slightly longer service life since wear is distributed across larger cogs.

As for why your previous bike felt harder to pedal, that could be a lot of things not related to the drivetrain: total bike weight, tire quality, wheels, hubs, aerodynamics, or just your perception. It could also be that when you were in that same ratio on your 1x bike, you lost some drivetrain efficiency because the chain is always twisted when you're in a lower gear. Or a combination of several of those things, it's impossible to say for sure without knowing more about both bikes.
>>
>>1081700
the only thing i could think then is just tires, both bikes. The SS is a parts bike i threw together and it had some old tires on it that were falling apart and on my other one ive got some new conti supersport plus tires, so maybe those being a "commuter" tire makes them have more rolling resistance because they're puncture resistant or something
>>
File: 81bU-11azFL._SL1500_.jpg (218KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
81bU-11azFL._SL1500_.jpg
218KB, 1500x1100px
>>1081698
Or should I just get one of these amazon bicycles?

Not looking to go very far on it, just to the grocery store and back or for little rides down on the quay and such.
>>
>>1081685
thanks

>>1081679
could you actually elaborate on this?
ive read that the only benefit of a kmc is the quick link thingy. other people seem to preffer to not have a quick link (no real need to remove and put back the chain if youre putting a new one each 3000/4000km, and it shouldnt break or anything with that kind of use), i have no clue about using a sram chain on a shimano drivetrain.

im looking to buy a lot of chains for the future, so your info would be usefull,that of course if it has some background and logic behind it. does it? hope it does.
thanks.
>>
I'm partsing out a frame i built. couple questions- Anyone got reccs on a good carbon road fork with canti posts?
canti brake reccs?
can i run a campy crank, sram chain/cassette, shimano derailleurs and microshift brifters on one drivetrain without causing any problems beyond being a huge tool?
>>
>>1081718
>I'm partsing out a frame i built. couple questions- Anyone got reccs on a good carbon road fork with canti posts?
>canti brake reccs?

I've owned the nashbar cx fork 3 times. It's ugly and overbuilt for garbon but it works

I got a set of these on ebay for $40. Cantilevers are a pain but mini-v is easy

Road forks in the 370mm range with canti posts probably don't exist.

do you mean a cx fork. Those are usually 390mm-400mm I believe
>>
>>1081721
* these

>>1081704
get an old road bike on craigslist and suffer through fixing it up. This question should go in bike buy general
>>
>>1081722
Ok, never even saw a bike buy general.
>>
How can I wash my clothes outside when bike touring?

How often should I wash them?

Should I wash myself daily?

Which seat should I use? Is it fine to use a cheap woman's bike seat?

Should I use a gps? Does it have long battery life?

What bike tools should I bring with me and which skills do I need?
>>
>>1081738
>How can I wash my clothes outside when bike touring?
With water. Soap if you have it.
>How often should I wash them?
As often as possible.
>Should I wash myself daily?
More than, if possible.
>Which seat should I use? Is it fine to use a cheap woman's bike seat?
If possible.
>Should I use a gps?
If possible.
>Does it have long battery life?
Possibly.
>What bike tools should I bring with me and which skills do I need?
A multitool and some yak butter if you need to field-weld your cromoly downtube shifters while in the middle of the Himalayan desert.
>>
File: image1.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bop/6148015196.html

Worth it?

Here's a picture of them
>>
File: image4.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image4.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>1081783
>>
File: image6.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image6.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>1081784
>>
File: chain.jpg (160KB, 1600x1047px) Image search: [Google]
chain.jpg
160KB, 1600x1047px
How well do I need to wipe my chain after re-lubing? Just a bit or hold it tight with a paper towel for about 30 seconds in few directions each like I did? I don't know if the lube is supposed to be all over the chain or just inside. Did I fuck up? Should I lube again and wipe more softly?
>>
>>1081710
>i have no clue about using a sram chain on a shimano drivetrain.

if it's the same "speed" of chain (6/7/8/910/11 etc. then there's really no difference between brands. I usually go with a SRAM PC-850 chain
>>
>>1081791
grip it just tight enough that the chain runs through the rag with just a *touch* of resistance, just to get the excess grease/lube off. a little bit of lube on the "outside" of the chain isn't going to hurt anything.
>>
>>1081698
just put some faster rolling tires on
your mtb, unless it's some wallgoose full squish thing.
>>
>>1081783
>>1081784
>>1081785
Can i get an input? The parts are old enough that google isn't giving me much value info.
>>
Building up an old aluminum road frame.

What's the best way to strip the paint off? It's currently an ugly blue that's chipped in places.
>>
>>1081835
Looks good to me, senpai
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (78KB, 1600x590px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
78KB, 1600x590px
I bought a 2016 rockshox pike RC from ebay. The fork was unused, no star nut installed or even marks of installation & removal of the star nut, uncut steerer too. The serial number wasn't touched (https://www.sram.com/rockshox/authentication-notice) so I got it.

Anyway I got it for a good price so I bought it even though it had to much travel for my needs, but I figured that even if I bought an aftermarket air shaft to reduce travel, the total price of the fork would be pretty cheap.

Now I have reduced the travel and the fork is good to go. But there's a confusing part; I found two service manuals for pike. One of them suggest that the volume of suspension fluid in both lowers are 10ml
(https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/hZYzdZ9U2Df4S43hqyfPt1mx-UoDJ28-MrHuZTbnEl8/mtime:1471624854/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen_0000000004461_rev_e_2014-2017_pike_service_manual_english.pdf page 8)

And then there is this other manual that tells me to put 5ml to the drive side and 15ml to the other side.
(https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen_0000000004461_rev_b_2014_-_present_pike.pdf page 40)

When I changed the air shaft, I used the manual in the second link because that was the first one I found. I happened to come by the other manual later and now I'm not sure how much oil there should be in the lowers. The both manuals are told to be for the 2014 and later pike forks.

Is there something I'm missing?
>>
Why doesn'rät my bike go straight when I remove my habds from the handlebars? I checked the frame is straight with a string. What else could it be? The wheels are brand new so they are straight. Could the fork be bent? How can I checl that?
>>
Anyone ever get one of those knockoff ISM Adamo from ebay? Are they built on the same line and put aside, or are they shit?
>>
if I grab 3x7 brifters can I slap them on an early 90s mtb with friction shifters? converting it to hybrid and want drop bars. It's got Exage/Mountain LX, which I've been lead to understand are just rebranded Diores.
>>
tl;dr - Where can I buy individual Shimano Tiagra shifters (i.e. not the set of left and right together, but each side individually)?

In a couple of weeks I'm buying a touring bike, a Jamis Aurora. It is geared in 3x9 with a Tiagra RD, Sora FD, and the regular old Microshift bar-end shifters typical on most touring bike today.

My tour won't be until next spring, so I'll have this thing mostly around town for the better part of a year and was thinking about upgrading to STI. I'd like at least Tiagra, and have found Tiagra 3x10 shifter sets, as well as 2x9, but no 3x9, so I figured I'd just buy each side individually.
Where can I do this? Just a casual Google search brings up very little, but I imagine that bike dealers can order individual parts right?
>>
>>1082279
Ebay is a good place to start

>>1082188
Yes, 3x7 Shimano shifters pull exactly the same amount of cable whether they're the road or mountain variety, BUT, you should try test riding the bike with drop bars before you buy the shifters, not all frames take drop conversions well and you might find out the frame isn't going to work well with drop unless you also source an uncommonly long and tall stem.

>>1082182
fork misaligned, frame misaligned, sitting crooked on the saddle. Read the Sheldon Brown article on "cold setting" frames, it has a good explanation of how you can check frame alignment with no more tools than a ruler and string, the same basic technique can be used to check alignment of forks too.

>>1082078
check the manuals closely, are they referring to forks with different stanchion diameters?

>>1082005
paint stripper and a wire brush

>>1081791
that chain looks reasonably clean - the purpose for wiping off excess lube is that the excess lube can build up on the outside of the chain and end up trapping dirt and grit
>>
File: 1036_img1.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1036_img1.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
does anyone have any info on how this thing is? (pic related).
i have the oportunity to buy one at a good price but cant ind info (user reviews) on the net.. just one tiny one line comment that said that battery life was short like 5 hours...that scares me, but maybe it was only that unit... who knows.. no real feedback, so it would be very much apreciated.. or if someone knows aanything about similar models. thanks!
>>
Since power meters are fucking expensive I had a Idea:
Why not watch your heart rate instead of your power output to correctly pace yourself?
Is this method flawed or verry inaccurate or does it only have a slightly higher response time?
>>
File: 2017-06-17 01.07.19.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-17 01.07.19.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
So i've got a Schwinn Suburban for free from a yard sale.

>in a state of disrepair
>hasn't been ridden in 15-10 years
>paint looks mostly good
>looked up serial number
>pic related
>according to the website it was made September 1971
>also has light and carrier accessories
>Chicago built Schwinn

How did I do? Thinking of making it my daily rider.
>>
>>1082316
>How did I do?

It will probably cost too much to be worth fixing

>>1082185
>ISM Adamo from ebay

I bought a carbon saddle off of aliexpress once. It was like a rock

>>1081738
baby wipes for your ass. freeball it. never wash. check into hotels occasionally so you can hotbox the room
>>
>>1082321
Here's the bike in question.
>money isn't a problem
>just needs some elbow grease to be ridable after 20+ years
>know how to remove rust of chrome without ruining it
Gonna post more pics
>>
>>1082322
The tires are dry-rotted due to age and being gumwalls, but the tubes hold air just fine. Generator doesn't seem to work since the wires are cut.
>>
File: training-zones.jpg (78KB, 750x287px) Image search: [Google]
training-zones.jpg
78KB, 750x287px
>>1082312
this is used a lot.
i know shit cause i havent started my real training but if youre curious read friel's training bible. yes, its a memething here, but thats for a reason.
>>
File: fug.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fug.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
how do i fix this mess
>>
>>1082330
Cheap way:
Sit next to your bike, grab the side of the frame at two rear tubes and use one foot to bend it back in shape.
Good way:
New wheel
>>
>>1082330
You need a truing (spoke key) key. You have some loose spokes in your wheel, and you need a special tool to tighten them. Get one, and look up some truing guides and videos. Takes a while to get a hang of what the flying fuck you're doing but if you follow a few simple rules you can get it fairly decent.

Or you can get it to a bike shop and they'll true it for you for however much money.
>>
>>1082336
I don´t think that this would be enough...
>>
>>1082322
>>1082324
>>1082322
>>1082324
Just my two cents:
- gaspipe frame (not necessarily bad but heavy)
- steel rims (heavy, hard to true, don't break well)
- cheap ass derailleurs and shifters
- Ashtabula onepiece cranks (heavy low, quality)
- shitty saddle
- shitty brakes

If you are determined to bring it back to life:
You'll have to replace tires, cables and housings, chain, breakpads, (saddle if you like). If the chainring isn't worn, you could do it with a reasonable amount of money. Don't go for fancy parts, the frame isn't worth it.

The bike is cheapo but that doesn't mean it'll ride badly.
>>
>>1082339
Yes it would. This rim can be trued without problem if you know what you do.
>>
>>1081625
A this mileage, expect skipping gears on the cassette.
>>
File: gettingthere.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
gettingthere.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1082336
well...actually that was the result of my first attempt at truing
ran a flat and hit the curb, bikeshop here said they won't be able to do it before the end of july...
alllright not gonna wait 2 months for something that probably takes a guy who knows his job 15 minutes. don't even want to know what they would have charged for that.

but as you said, takes a while to get the hang of what the fuck you're doing
seems a lot better now than before with my ghetto jig as a reference

gonna have to try and true it radially now
>>
What is the best Japanese bike manufacturer?
>>
>>1082346
That's better than my rear wheel.
>>
>>1082346
that's nearly perfect. I've seen worse from several fucking bike shops
>>
File: Neocot.png (169KB, 1345x1093px) Image search: [Google]
Neocot.png
169KB, 1345x1093px
>>1082354
ブリジストン
>>
>>1082346
>gonna have to try and true it radially now
That's going to be a lot harder now than it had to be. You generally want to do it in the reverse order, and focus on getting the wheel round before you get it straight. You're going to end up undoing and redoing much of your truing while trying to get it round.
It's not a big deal, but it's a tip that will save time next time. I know it did me.
>>
>>1082368
Burijisuton?
>>
>>1082403
Bridgestone
>>
>>1082405
Translating kana that's supposed to be english is some kind of dark art
>>
>Bridgestone is Jap
you never stop learning
>>
Are Fuji bikes any good?
>>
>>1082346
alternativw way is to use 2 zipties on each stay and point them toward the rim.
>>
>>1082413
They make both great and shit bikes
>>
Need recs on a 26x2.0 MTB tire. I ride single track, and hard packed flow tracks. My current tires are 1.95 and would like to upgrade.
>>
>>1082441
>flow
>hard-pack
Thunder Burt Evo. Fast rolling and easy tubeless setup. 2.1"/559x54, but low lugs make them high volume but slim fit.
>>
>>1082441
>Need recs on a 26x2.0 MTB tire. I ride single track, and hard packed flow tracks. My current tires are 1.95 and would like to upgrade.

I've seen people shit-talking the Dart though
>>
>>1082499

Those don't look like hard-pack flow trail tires at all, to me. More like techy rock-mashers.
>>
Is the Schwinn Fastback a good first bike? There's a cheap used one for sale locally, barely used. I want to start biking longer distances for scenery and fishing and I've had to share a bike for the past 2 years because of tight money
>>
>>1082530

Depends on how cheap.
You could do worse, but you could probably also do better.
>>
>>1082533
The leading bid is less than 200 dollaroos as of right now
>>
>>1082535

Sure. Worth a shot.
Would draw the line around the $350-400 mark and look for something else.
>>
>>1082537
Got it, that's my budget anyhow. Thanks
>>
>>1082535

Are you sure you want to carry fishing gear on a road bike?
>>
>>1082547
All my fishing gear is like 5 lbs in a fanny pack + 4 piece rod on my back. I'm not talking overnighters with shelter
>>
File: lisdfhlsidfhsaf.png (742KB, 1135x635px) Image search: [Google]
lisdfhlsidfhsaf.png
742KB, 1135x635px
how do you guys clean your bike? till now i only care and clean the transmission and let the rain "clean" the rest of it. this has to end.
so how do you clean the frame, etc?

also is pic related safe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPShW_BTx-M&t=284s

how about doing that regularly. i have an alu bike with carbon fork and stuff. :D
>>
>>1082182
rear wheel not evenly seated in the dropout, maybe.

>>1082354
Miyata
>>
>>1082577
I usually use a bucket full of soapy water and a microfiber towel to clean my bike.

The drivetrain gets cleaned with brake cleaner and the chain recives some hevyweight gearbox oil as lubricant and gets cleanud up with paper towels after the oil soaked into the chain.

My bike is out of Al/Si alloy if that matters...
>>
>>1082577
I cleaned my bike in the shower once and now the dark oily patches won't disappear anymore
>>
My commuter is 700x35 and is absolute murder to go more than a few miles on. Would a new one with 23c tires give me more speed/distance?
>>
>>1082641
Not neccicarily. Thinner tyres _can_ be made to roll well, but they aren't always and not on account of being thin. All else equal thin tyres roll worse. The reason fast tyres are thin is that you can make them out of thinner casings and run them at higher pressures without bursting. That's what makes them faster.

Just get a well rolling new set of 35s. Voyage Hyper, for example. Also repack hubs, service drivetrain and make sure the frame isn't made out of cooked noodles.
>>
>>1082646
If was just to buy a new bike with 23c tires it would be faster than what I currenly have, right? My current one is cheap and nasty, probably worth less than a service.
>>
File: comp_7.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comp_7.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
so I've ridden chinese carbon seat posts and I've ridden proper carbon seatposts (namley a 3t stylus one if that makes a difference)

I couldn't tell a difference.
except for quality controll and liability, are there any differences ?

I'm hunting ebay for almost a month now looking for the right seatpost but they're all not quite right and I'd rather get a unbranded one the way I like it than something branded that I don't really like.

tghanks fr you're insight
>>
>>1082652
Other than the quality control as you said, the only really differences are potentially the weight and the flexibility. A chinese carbon seatpost is likely to be heavier and/or more flexible. Although thats not guaranteed. You also won't get a warranty with the chinese one, if you are bothered about that.
>>
What is a good weight for a large frame road bike?
>>
>>1082697
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>1082633
dark oily patches? what do you mean with that
>>
>>1082697
6.8 kg.
>>
File: 1435686584002.jpg (45KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1435686584002.jpg
45KB, 408x439px
when installing a new shimano chain i know you dont have to remove the grease it comes with.

but do i have to apply lube on top of that grease?
or do i just put the chain and im ready to roll?

thonks
>>
>>1082720
You can just put it and go, but the factory lube will be gone after a single ride. So lube it after a ride or two.
>>
>>1082720
all lube you buy that's aimed at bikes contains carrier solvents. applying lube is the same as degreasing and re-lubricating the chain, don't do it until it's time.
>>
>>1082720
The factory lube is thicker and much longer lasting than almost anything you could apply yourself without submerging the chain in a heated bath like they do at the factory. Self-applied chain lube with evaporating solvents are a compromise. Stay with the factory lube as long as you can, but wipe the outside of the chain clean. It should be good for several hundred miles in fair weather. Once you've started applying your own lube and as the chain wears the service interval is going to get shorter and shorter.
>>1082722
>the factory lube will be gone after a single ride
Retard.
>>
>>1082745
he didn't say how long the ride was
>>
>>1082322
Cheap POS old schwinn
But that's a good thing anon it won't get stolen, take your time and learn to maintenence it, replace replaceable part with the cheapest you find, oil what need oiled and grease what's needs grease
>>
File: schwinn.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
schwinn.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
I'm the one that posted about buying a used Schwinn Fastback (Comp) seller claimed he only rode it once and since then hung it upside down in his garage past 5 years
I won the auction (325$)

Now being a beginner is there any parts I should replace before using it? Like the chain/cassette? Or will it be ready to go after some lubing and greasing?
>>
File: 6.jpg (49KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
49KB, 360x480px
>>1082799
Can't see much rust by the pictures
>>
File: 2.jpg (42KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
42KB, 360x480px
>>
>>1082799
>Now being a beginner is there any parts I should replace before using it? Like the chain/cassette?

That chain will need replacing, judging from the picture. I'd suggest a cheap ZMC chain. You might also need a chain tool like pic related to get it to to the correct length. Count the links before buying one imho

you'll want to buy chain lube. The inner tubes on the tires might have died over 5 years. Buy replacements + a pump + tire levers. Make sure you know if it's presta / schrader. You can fit presta in a schrader wheel if you have to (google that one)

A lot of problem you run into can be solved by googling "(your problem) site:bikeforums.net"
>>
I got a vintage atala 28 5-speed for dirt cheap. Other than having to replace the back rim because it's busted, the one thing I do wanna replace is the FD (that sachs-huret shit, tried it and it would be safer to try committing suicide). What's the best way to do it? Are there adapters to fit regular shimano levers and cables though the frame? I have a sunrace triple (28-38-48), should I use it or should I just stick to one in the front and add a 7+ cassette in the back?
>>
>>1082803
>ZMC chain.

KMZ chain I mean \
>>
>>1082804
Please post a picture.
It sounds like you've got a kludge machine on your hands. I'd be weary about sinking more money into it. You can probably salvage a working derailer.
>>
>>1082815

I don't need anything from the bike, I want to use the bike because it's 28, but not with that gay ass fd. That's all.
>>
>>1082816

I mean front shifter.
>>
File: 3.jpg (34KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
34KB, 360x480px
>>1082803
Thanks mayne
>>
>>1082805
it's KMC ;)
>>
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/6182629724.htm

would this be a decent pick for a ~7-10 mile commute and a general-purpose bike? it's been a long time since i rode anything but a SS rigid 29er but i've had a road bike in my sights for a while now. this is not totally that but i feel like i could benefit from the versatility at least somewhat and get a more serious road bike later on once i'm acquainted. i live, commute, and work entirely in white suburbia, and it'd be nice to be able to ride to work or the shops instead of wasting gas and sitting in traffic.
>>
I've got a garmin 820 coming my way tomorrow inc. speed/cadence and a hr strap. What other goodies can i connect to this?
Or just any tips on using this guy would be useful, cheers
>>
Anyone ever order a Cannondale through their local bike shop before? How long did it take?
>>
>>1083069
that's not really how that works. Most bike shops have partnerships with specific brands. My shop has ASI which means we get fuji, breezer, Kestrel, S.E., Phat cycles brand bikes. we couldn't get you a cannondale if we wanted to. you need to go to a cannondale dealer.
and unless they're sold out it shouldnt take more than a week or two, depending on how close you are to a warehouse with that bike in stock.
>>
>>1083082
Yes, my local bike shop is an authorized cannondale retailer.

We placed my order 2 weeks ago, now. 2 weeks seems like a long time for any online order to take. I am getting somewhat concerned that something is wrong with my order.
>>
when wearing a jersey is it normal to be able to see my belly button when my arms are raised up above my head?
>>
>>1083089
builds have to compete with repairs for labor time
there's a decent chance that it's already in the store and the employees are procrastinating about fininshing it because it's basically summer and they're swamped. you said you ordered online? do you mean they ordered you the bike at the shop because they didn't have it in? or did you buy it online yourself and get told to pick it up in the closest compatible store?
a few times a year my shop has to build some linuses for the latter reason, and they simply do not get the same level of urgency. (not that we slack off while we build them or deliberately do a bad job, just that repairs and builds of our brands take prescident.)
>>
>>1083117
I went to the shop looking for a specific bike. They didn't have it, but said they would order it for me. I actually saw them place the order right in front of me.

That was 2 weeks ago.They told me that they would let me know when it arrives, so they can build it in front of me.

It taking more than 2 weeks is not normal, right?.
>>
>>1083123
they said they'd build it in front of you? huh. we don't really do that. if we have a bike that needs to be built we tell the customer to come back at the ened of the day because it takes about an hour to do if you're not stuck dealing with walk-ins or repairs. My suspicion is that they have it in the shop but haven't done anything with it yet because even if we have to order something from california (small shop in Boston fwiw) it only takes about a week.
My advice? Call them, politely demand answers.
>>
File: 1356586721849.png (247KB, 568x486px) Image search: [Google]
1356586721849.png
247KB, 568x486px
>>1082078
>pike
>>
what are good websites for used mtb's? I looked at pinkbike already, but i'm wondering if there are more.

Additionally, as a related issue: Is it usually a big deal to have used bikes shipped ? I live in Alaska so i'd like to find a good deal and just suck up the shipping cost. better than buying local where no one has any fucking sense about how to value their bike
>>
>>1083204

Best bet is usually your local MTB community forums. You can get involved and get a great price on a bike at the same time.
>>
File: IMG_20170619_161825.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170619_161825.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
Can someone identify this gazelle model for me? Bought it for 100€ but I'd like to know if it's as rare as it looks
>>
whats a good bike for a newbie.
within $200? I don't really know if the budget is appropiate.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (42KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
42KB, 1200x960px
Besides Fox Transfer, what other dropper posts have external cable that is connected to the seatpost near the clamp area?

My frame doesn't have a hole for a stealth dropper and I really dislike the type of droppers that have the cable connected just under the saddle.

My bike is modern geometry 650b hardtail with up to date standards and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. The only downside is the lack of a stealth dropper hole.
>>
>>1083322
There are a couple of lower end options but they only have a limited number of heights and use a mechanical locking mechanism (sliding pin and notched post) that can have some wobble and isn't as reliable or durable.

Why do you want to avoid one where the cable goes to the saddle? You're cutting out a lot of your options.
>>
>>1082346
>bikeshop here said they won't be able to do it before the end of july...

the fuck? a wheel truing is like a 30 minute job AT MOST, especially for such slight wiggle
>>
>>1083235
is that a suspension stem? wow
>>
>>1083323
>Why do you want to avoid one where the cable goes to the saddle? You're cutting out a lot of your options.
I thought that there would be more options available. Literally no other reason than the looks.
>>
>>1083286
The budget isn't really appropriate. For a total newbie, you don't really know what to look for in used bikes, which is the $200 land. $200 land in new bikes is absolute garbage.

I'd recommend first going to road.cc and looking for their beginner's guide- mainly the the that talks about what kind of bike you want. There are different types of bike. Want to go fast? Road bike. Want to go off road? Mountain bike. Want to just ride around and enjoy the air? Something else. Maybe a hybrid.
>>
>>1083286
what kind of riding are you going to be doing?
>>
>>1083326
I managed to find you two more options, the Yep Uptimizer and there's also a KS Lev model with that type of external cable. If it's just looks then seriously consider all your other options. I personally have a DNM ASP-R and it's great and good value for money (the lever's a bit shit but that can be replaced).
>>
I need to replace the fork on my Giant Defy 3. The Giant website states that it has a overdrive fork which is tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/4". However my LBS states it has tapered 1 1/8" to 1 3/8". I can't find any mention online of Giant bike having these dimensions. Does this sound correct?
If I can find the correct size fork what else must I consider to make sure it will fit?
Alternatively what 'adapter' do I need if I want to fit a more standard fork size?
>>
>>1083235
had to google that, could be, is this good or bad? I love this bike it feels really fast to me
>>
File: Picture 13.jpg (217KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 13.jpg
217KB, 1280x960px
Bought the wrong kind of pads. What do?
>>
File: 26.jpg (65KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
65KB, 800x531px
Are those good for regular town commuting and softcore trekking?
>>
>>1083069
Order on a friday and the bike arrived by next thursday
>>
I'm 182 cm tall, how hard would it be to fit a medium frame sized road bike?
>>
>>1083407
Sure, doesn't make much of a difference
>>
>>1083421
Depends on how much you value your neck.

For a mtn bike I'd say go for it, but there's no comparison (for me) for a full sized roadie that fits well.
>>
>>1083421
What does medium mean? You're gonna want a 56-58cm with most brands.
>>
>>1083427
Medium in this case = 54 cm
>>
>>1083421
Not really hard, "medium" sized frames are usually for the 170-180cm height rage
>>
>>1083440
Thanks, I'll stop by the LBS tomorrow.
>>
File: DOWD-2-obit-master180.jpg (12KB, 180x258px) Image search: [Google]
DOWD-2-obit-master180.jpg
12KB, 180x258px
>>1083390
quit listening to what the neighbor's dog tells you, Berkowitz. Not about brake pads, not about anything.
>>
Do many of you have a camera mounted to record your rides as insurance? Been thinking of getting one but not sure where to look without spending a shit ton on a go pro
>>
>>1083442
"Usually". Every manufacturer has a different setup for height and bike frame size. You have to do it on a manufacturer basis and look up their own charts.
>>
>>1083647
Check out some chinese cameras from aliexpress. Not good enough for professional work but they'll do for insurance stuff.
>>
>>1083336
>I need to replace the fork on my Giant Defy 3. The Giant website states that it has a overdrive fork which is tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/4". However my LBS states it has tapered 1 1/8" to 1 3/8". I can't find any mention online of Giant bike having these dimensions. Does this sound correct?
>If I can find the correct size fork what else must I consider to make sure it will fit?
>Alternatively what 'adapter' do I need if I want to fit a more standard fork size?

problemsolvers probably has an adapter

I don't know about tapered forks. All you have to do is measure it yourself though. Slide that fork outta there and get a tape measure you goon
>>
>>1083336
>If I can find the correct size fork what else must I consider to make sure it will fit?

For this part you'll need to measure axle-to-crown and fork rake if you don't want the handling to change. The info is probably out there or available from Giant via email

some forks have similar dimensions but less room for your tires, so we a little wary about that if you are already running the biggest size tire your overdrive fork can handle
>>
I need to change the chainset on my bike from 53/39 to 50/34. It currently has Ultegra 6800 on it, and I'm changing to 105 5800. The only thing is, do I need a new bottom bracket? My frame currently has a PF30 I think from reading online. If I do need a new bottom bracket, how come the chainset already fits?
>>
>>1083687
You shouldn't need a new BB, no.
>>
>>1083688

Lots of places say that I'd need an adaptor for the hollowtech bottom bracket - I assume this is already present as I already have an ultegra chainset?
>>
I have a steel single speed I decided to ride during the winter snows in NYC. After every ride I would clean/lube the chain and wash/wipe down my bike. A few weeks ago I wanted to adjust my saddle and after loosening the bolt, my seat wouldn't slide up or down. I applied WD-40 to try and loosen the grit/rust but nothing has worked.
Should I take it to a shop or is there another method I can try?
>>
I did a bad thing a stripped out the pedal threads on a MTB triple crankset (suntour xct). It has since been binned.

I then purchased a new triple (Shimano FC-M361). However, when I fully tighten down the square taper nut, it hits the chainstay.

WTF did i miss here? How do I avoid purchasing the wrong crankset in a situation like this and how can I make sure to get the right replacement now?
>>
>>1083756
I should clarify that the chainrings contact the chainstay and the inner chainring rubs against the BB. Any looser than that and I get wobbly play under load from the crank arm.
>>
>>1083756
>>1083757
Axle is too short so you'll need to buy another bottom bracket. This is just one of the reasons why square taper is shit (along with pretty much all other 3 piece cranksets), do yourself a favour and just go 2 piece.
>>
File: sad.jpg (36KB, 294x465px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
36KB, 294x465px
>>1083069
>>1083089

UPDATE: Turns out the reason it was taking so long, was because Cannondale put a hold on the delivery.

I guess they have a bad relationship with my LBS. Not sure what it could be... I mean, they are both businesses so I guess the LBS must owe Cannondale money, or something?

Really annoying. My LBS let me spend thousands of dollars, and then wait for over two weeks for nothing. It was a Cannondale rep who called me and explained what was going on. Who knows how long the LBS was going to let me wait for.

On top of this, the LBS refuses to refund the credit card and are trying to give me a check instead.

Any theories to why Cannondale/any bike manufacturer would refuse to ship to an authorized distributor, and possibly revoke their authorization status?
>>
>>1083812

Russian hacking.
>>
>>1083820
Kek
>>
How much do chains usually stretch until they completely shit themselves?

Currently sitting on about 3.5. Will it last another, like, 100km?
>>
>>1083831
I heard 2000 km or 1 season
>>
File: 3456.jpg (353KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
3456.jpg
353KB, 1000x523px
Anyone know if this is an Avalanche or Karakoram, and the year?
>>
>>1083838

NVM, figured it out.
>>
File: P1010469.jpg (268KB, 1022x767px) Image search: [Google]
P1010469.jpg
268KB, 1022x767px
would you still patch this tube?
im asking cause im new with road bike flats (smaller tubes, higher pressure than mtb's), and this is the first big puncture (the size of the hole i mean).

do you stop patching at a certain size? or is it ok to just patch anything? (unless the tube actually exploded/teared - cause of a big bump for instance), this was caused by passing over a tree branch (i didnt see it in the dark).

thanks
>>
>>1083873
that's a small hole, I patched pinch flats double the lenght and with a twin. It becomes a nuisance when there are several patches and the tube loses air too fast, specially in summer.
If you have a spare (you should), run that instead and keep the patched one for emergencies.
>>
>>1083831
It depends too much on various factors to say a set distance. Get a fucking chain checker or ask your LBS to check your chain to you. >=.75 wear = replace. This could be 2000 km or less if you ride in rain or salt and don't take good care of it, or it could be more than 5000 km if you ride only in the dry and regularly clean and relube it.
>>
>>1083880
thanks, patched
>>
If my bottom bracket makes cracking and clicking noises when I stand does that mean my bearings are done? It only does it when I stand up and pump, if I'm sitting it doesn't make noise.
>>
>>1083913

What kind of bike is it and how long have you been riding? Always tough to troubleshoot that type of thing. My general instinct is to start at the "outside" of the system as force moves through it and work inwards.
>>
>>1083913
Yeah probably, but try and grip a crank arm against the chainstay as hard as you can, and if it clicks then you know for sure it's the bb. A fucked bb might not click then but it probably will.

Might also be a pedal, your fd clamp, chain, or lots of things.
>>
what should be done to a bike after riding it in heavy rain?

i had just cleaned my mtb's transmission and went for a ride expecting light rain and it was brutal rain. 200% soaked. i didnt do anything to the bike just let it dry under a roof (i suck), day later there was some rust on the chain, i dried it and aplied lube, removed excess, rode, rust went away, but i bet theres a better thing to do. like drying the chain after riding?
>>
>>1083932

A modern chain should not rust after riding in rain, with or without maintenance. If it does, you need to replace it no matter what.

Normal post rain-ride maintenance for me basically just entails a degreaser bath for the chain and a wipe-down for the cogs & chainrings. Things get messier than after a normal ride, but there should never be any rust.
>>
Is the paint to touch up cars (a guy will make it on the spot, he only needs to glance at the bike for a few mins to get the exact color match especially when metal finish) good enough for bikes? Nail polish sucks fucking balls.
>>
>>1083932
WD40 a chain (especially one that rusts) after it gets really wet to get out the water.
Then re-lube it before riding again. Modern chains shouldn't be rusting anyway, but shit nigga do I look like I'm made of money?
>>
>>1083918
It's a road bike, pretty sure it's a euro/english bb. Had the bike since December, ride 20+ miles most days since it's my commuter.
>>1083931
I've played with the cranks a little and tightened up the sprocket bolts but it didn't seem to change anything. I'll have try and toy with it tomorrow after work some more.
>>
is it possible to run 35mm tires on 30 mm rims ?
>>
>>1083951
30mm internal rim width? It's not really a good idea to use a 35 mm tire with one, the smallest tire you should generally use on a given rim is 150% of the internal width, the widest a little more than 200%,
>>
Hey /bqg/. While riding my bike, the back wheel stopped being able spin, which initially felt like the brake pads were rubbing against the rim, but became extreme enough that even with full force the wheel would not spin.. It can spin while the nuts that hold the rim to the frame aren't in, but once they're in, when i start moving the bike forward, the back wheel won't be able to spin at all. I looked it up and found someone explaining the same problem, and a potential solution here - http://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mechanics/680540-rear-wheel-won-t-spin-forward-i-cannot-pedal.html. Should I just take the bike to my LBS, or should i buy some cone wrenches and freelwheel remover and try to fix it?
>>
File: IMG_20170622_104420.jpg (475KB, 1817x1037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_104420.jpg
475KB, 1817x1037px
>>1084056
Forgot to post pic of my back wheel. Might be easier to just replace the freewheel thing.
>>
>>1084056
>>1084057
Well, now that you've got the locknut taken off the driveside of the hub, you're going to need cone wrenches and a fw remover to adjust the hub again in any case.

I would go the DIY route first, the tools you need in this case are cheap and good to have anyways, but before doing anything else, I'd take the axle and bearings out of the hub and look close at the races - if you've damaged the race by grinding the bearings into it without lubrication to the point that they could get entirely stuck, then it might be a waste of time trying to adust this hub at all.
>>
how do i get rid of this click sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lNF_iSjeHc

same brand and model of fork
>>
>>1084062
Seems I'll need the fw remover to get to the race to check it. Guess I'll go get that and some cone wrenches as well. Not sure if I can just buy a hub kit or something to replace everything.
>>
>>1084064
That sounds to me like it might be the stanchion moving in the crown, in which case the solution would be to buy a new upper. Best way to check that would be to flex the fork by the stanchion and not the lowers.
>>
is it okay if fenders aren't 100% aligned straight or is it just autism? lbs put them on and they don't rub or anything.
>>
Stravafag here. Today I made it home with 1% battery left on my iPhone. I am looking to get a cycling computer, any recommendations?

Will I lose out on anything using it with Strava? Is your phone better at doing anything than a cycling computer?
>>
File: fred_stand.png (160KB, 1053x542px) Image search: [Google]
fred_stand.png
160KB, 1053x542px
is it worth it or just for freds?
>>
>>1084157
Why would a fred be working on their own bike instead of taking it to a shop?
>>
>>1084157
I have the park tool one, which potentially makes me a Fred? Anyway, totally worth it.
>>
>>1084151
>is it okay if fenders aren't 100% aligned straight or is it just autism? lbs put them on and they don't rub or anything.

They should be aligned for aesthetic reasons. Typical LBS will fuck up fenders, bar tape, and brake cabling in my experience

There are some hyper autism rules about the space between the tire and the fender changing... like it should be tighter where the wheel passes under the fender and wider where it comes out (so that rocks don't fit under and then get stuck half-way in)

If LBS didn't install QR tabs on the front fender you should get some. Dangerous to ride without. A front fender can lock your wheel up with the wrong sized stick and fuck up your life
>>
>>1084157
You could make a bike stand with some stuff from the DIY shop if you want to save $100.
>>
File: diystand.jpg (184KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
diystand.jpg
184KB, 500x375px
>>1084157
just make one all you need is sawhorse, axle mount and a block of foam
>>
>>1084301
Cool let me just grab one of the sawhorses I have laying around
>>
File: frednigga.jpg (94KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
frednigga.jpg
94KB, 900x599px
>>1084303
better just grab your credit card fred ass nigga
>>
File: 456789098765456.jpg (65KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
456789098765456.jpg
65KB, 720x720px
i got some questions bros:

1- are ant+ speed/cadence sensors universal? for instance can i buy a sigma rox sensor and use it on a cateye cyclocomputer? any ant+ speed/cadence sensor+hr monitor pack that you guys would rec? from where? (price wise).

2- whats the deal regarding clothes when riding in the cold/light rain (lets say 0ºC-10ºC/32ºF-50ºF) i have no clue about layers and stuff, maybe its easier if you guys point me to a page or something? i googled but theres so much info i dont know wich has nailed it. right now im just using normal kits+windbreaker, but its not enough.

3-whats the deal with road bikes with disc brakes? at the end the braking power limit is given by the tires.wich isnt too much with thin road tires..i just think discs are overkill.. i can understand them in the rain though.

4- do you think the benefits of a carbon frame bike over a good light alu bike (say a caad10 or even a alu bike with carbon fork) are worth the price gap? for what i know you can gain weight reduction for 1-2kg? so starts and climbs would be even better than on a light alu bike.. but at that point is that noticeable a lot? does riding sensation change a lot for the better also? just curious actually i have never ridden a carbon bike and currently have an alu bike and i feel its perfect... but who knows.. thats why i ask.

5-love you guys, hope everyone is cool, thanks.
>>
File: bikewash2.jpg (771KB, 960x613px) Image search: [Google]
bikewash2.jpg
771KB, 960x613px
>>1084309
1. yes its universal
2. try arm/leg warmers over tights so you can layer- youll prob get hot after 30min
3. disc is the future, its superior in all conditions- deal with it
4. carbon is lighter and stiffer, its oblectively the best frame material
5. <3 no homo
>>
>>1084315
the most distracting thing in this photo is that atrocious steerer
>>
>>1084307
Indeed, and buy an actual stand with it
>>
Can someone find the corresponding brake shoes that go with these inserts?

Someone on here told me what's good but I bought the wrong thing as all I have are the inserts and no way to attache them to my bike.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/shimano-dura-ace-ultegra-105-r55c4-brake-pads/rp-prod130686.
>>
>>1084307
that wasn't me some anon hijacked
>>
>>1084347
I think I found it

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/shimano-ultegra-br-6800-r55c4-brake-blocks/rp-prod130680

But I can't understand how the inserts fit into the block.
>>
>>1084363
halp me pls
>>
>>1084363
It's quite simple. Remove the small screw, slide out the old pads, slide in the new pads, then replace the screw.
>>
I'm riding a fixed gear. While casually driving, it is really quiet, but everytime I apply back pressure - I can hear something down there. Not a loud sound, more like ,,mashing-cranky-ish''. Is it normal?
>>
>>1084481
But there's 2 screws and no threads on the pads.
>>
>>1084551
There are two screws per holder, one to attach the holder to the brake caliper and the smaller screw holds the pad in place in the holder. It doesn't thread into the pad, it just protrudes into one of the slots on the back of the pad to stop it sliding back out.

Honestly if you can't figure that out then I doubt you'll even be able to fit the holders to your bike and properly set up your brakes. Just take it to a shop.
>>
>>1084555
Can't question trips, even here.

I'm going to go to the store to see if they can beat $50
>>
While pushing my bike I just noticed that the brake pad touches the front wheel sometimes. I think that this might be a problem since it would slow me down etc. but the brake pad is practically fixed and I'm not exactly sure what can I do about it.
>>
>>1084627
Check for a little hex nut on the top. Turn it one way or the other way.
>>
>>1084628
thanks, will report back in 30 min or so.
>>
>>1084629
>>1084628
It's fine now.
>>
File: 4WBYAcV.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4WBYAcV.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
is this tire too big for the rim? it seems to be very well seated
>>
>>1084648
Not optimal, but it will work if you don't do anything extreme.
>>
>>1084309
>at the end the braking power limit is given by the tires.
I've never ridden rim brakes that have power to lock the front / lift the rear on dry roads at speed. Everyone keeps telling me these rim brakes are just as good, but every time I ride them they have a fraction of the power compared to hydraulic discs. If you have such amazing rim brakes then good for you, keep riding them.
>>
>>1084669
ps, well I guess if your tires are absolutely shit and inflated to the max pressure any brake will lock the wheel...
>>
>>1084669
I've ridden plenty of rim brakes that have enough power to lock the front wheel, however I still say that rim brakes are junk and disc brakes (especially hydraulic) are miles better. Having more power means less hand fatigue, they have better modulation which will allow you to ride faster and safer, they're less affected by adverse weather conditions, they automatically adjust for pad wear, and they don't give a fuck how out of true your rims get.
>>
>>1083756
>>1083757
Do the new cranks have bigger chainrings than the old ones? If so get some cranks with smaller chainrings.
If not then >>1083772

>>1083940
Why not. Paint is paint, if it lasts for decades on a car, why not on a bike.

>>1084151
They almost never are... but you should try to align them anyway.
>>
>>1083757
>>1084674
>the inner chainring rubs against the BB
Oh wait never mind about getting new cranks with smaller chainrings. It won't fix that.
>>
Does anyone know somewhere around antwerp or Brussels where i can go to clean my bike?
>>
>>1084873
Use a rag and dish soap
>>
>>1083756
>>1083757
Use a cassette spacer, it's the right size to be used for a bottom bracket and can push the chainring out a little. If necessary, use two. Not gonna promise it will be enough to resolve it, but it works sometimes. Or yeah new bb like other anons said
>>
>>1083752
Hammer... vice... strong arms... Dri-Slide Bike Aid...
>>1083286
OTS or 90s rigid mtb
>>>/n/bbg
>>1083322
Droppers are a meme
>>1083204
pinkbike is best
>>1083105
Only if you're a cute girl
>>
I installed my own brake pads today.

QUESTION: Isn't that great?
>>
>>1084529
anyone?
>>
how do i know if my tires need truing? never wrecked or anything but just curious.
>>
>>1084967
Do your rims (not the tyres) wobble when you spin the wheel, either side to side or up and down? If so they're out of true, whether they need truing depends on how out of true they are, whether you have rim brakes or not (disc brakes don't care about out of true rims), and whether you give a shit.
>>
>>1084969
i think i need a bike stand to see correctly
>>
>>1084983
Just flip it upside down.
>>
Anybody else deal with excessive phlegm buildup during/after a ride, and have any tips for avoiding it besides staying hydrated?
>>
should i get studded tires for winter? bike is a hybrid and I ride daily.
>>
File: 2.jpg (381KB, 1836x2252px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
381KB, 1836x2252px
>>1085023
That depends on your climate, where you live does the pavement get covered with ice for more than a handful of days per winter?

Studded tires give you traction when you're riding over ice, but don't give you any advantage on snow that has pavement or dirt underneath. You should also know that studded tires will slow you down if you're riding them on clear pavement, and tend to be heavy, so if you don't really need them you're better off without.

Where I live we don't get ice more than about 3-7 days per year, I commuted through several winters on ordinary hybrid/mtb tires, didn't get studded tires until I had the opportunity to pick some up for cheap.

If you live somewhere like me where there's not much snow or ice, but temps do get cold, I recommend Conti Top Contact Winter tires - they're made with a special compound that doesn't turn brittle in really cold temperatures and a tread pattern with loads of little grippy nubs, so they give you a little more grip when riding on snowy streets, like riding with knobby MTB tires, but without the rolling resistance penalty that comes with knobbies.
>>
>>1083752
I think there's a Sheldon article about this?

first off, you're going to want to use something that says "penetrating oil" on it, not WD40. PB Blaster is an aerosol brand that they sell in my local big box hardware store. flip the bike upside-down and remove the crank arms and slide out the BB spindle, then squirt the penetrating oil into the seat tube from the inside and let it marinate a while. with frame back rightside-up, remove the seat post bolt and spray around the seat tube where the post goes in, then start tapping the nose of the saddle to the right and left with a rubber mallet or something.

here's Cap'n Bicycle's article
https://sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html
>>
is there any reason i shouldn't file off my lawyer tabs? i don't have discs, and want to use a fork-mount carrier for my truck bed.

related; what do people do with the front wheel when using these? i assume most would throw it in their trunk, but i have a single-cab pickup and i'm not sure i can even fit a wheel behind the seat. i know wheel carriers are a thing but i can't find one made to bolt to a truck bed floor.
>>
>>1085134
Yes it's fine as long as you do up your skewer tight enough (it doesn't need to be super tight, just don't put it on so loose that you could pull the wheel out with a good tug). Why can't you just put the wheel in the bed of your truck too? Tie it to the bike if you don't want it bouncing about.
>>
File: VT-CXXM-NCL-ANGLE.jpg (108KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
VT-CXXM-NCL-ANGLE.jpg
108KB, 1500x1500px
I have a question about tires and rims. My bike originally came with 28mm wide Continental UltraSports and I'd like to move up to a 30 or 32mm with a bit more tread. Is it safe to assume my rims can take up to a 32mm tire? I can't find any online information either. The wheels are Saturae Galaxy XC wheels.

I also have a quick question about gravel riding. I mostly commute and ride casually on roads but when I want to go really far I ride on light gravel. Would a "city" tire be a good in between? Should I just get a 32mm cyclocross tire? Id rather not constantly have to swap tires.

Right now I'm considering:
Panaracer Gravelkings
Continental Contact
Vittoria Cross XM Pro
Continental Gator Hardshell Road

Open to any and all suggestions.
>>
>>1085155
The Panaracer Pasela ProTite and Continental Touring Plus Reflex also look good. Touring tires seem to be a happy balance.
>>
>>1085155
yeah, you'll be able to fit 32's or even 35's no problem - there's a sheldon bit about rim and tire width somewhere if you look. i'd suggest you look at schwalbe marathons or marathon supreme touring tires also - not an aggressive offroad tread at all but i regularly hit the gravel with mine no problems; most of my riding is road and i wanted something that rolled fast.
>>
>>1085166
Thanks a lot. I cant really afford the supreme atm but definitely the plus or standard. They look great.
>>
>>1081650
is that you sieg ?
>>
>>1085168
chain reaction is where i got mine - a good deal.
>>
>>1085172
Think the Supreme is worth twice as much as the standard?
>>
File: product_mup_straw_up.png (50KB, 699x770px) Image search: [Google]
product_mup_straw_up.png
50KB, 699x770px
Got some rebound splash of WD40 into my eye.
Washed it out with a shotglas for 10 minutes. Seems fine now.

How blind am I going to be?
>>
>>1085181
WD40 is goo for ALL applications.
>>
File: suntour command.jpg (142KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
suntour command.jpg
142KB, 375x500px
just ordered a pair of 3x7 Suntour Command shifters, any advice?
also any reccomedations on deraileurs, or brake levers?
should i buy a freewheel on ebay or should I do a cassette stack? (and if so what was the proper spacing, again?)
is it worth it to modify it to full friction or buy one of those 10 speed index rings?
pic related, this is the model i bought- not the ones with the silver towers.
>>
What bike rack will fit this piece of shit 2013 Civic Coupe? I got a Saris Bones rack but the side and lower hooks don't fit and I can't exactly attach it while the trunk is open.
>>
>>1085208
Forgot pic of this dumb fucking thing
>>
>>1085209
You could pay to have a trailer hitch installed
>>
I recently bought a new road bike, it's pretty nice all asound, but one thing that has been bugging me is that the rear hub has this loud 'ratcheting' noise, my last bike (built in the '90's) was nearly silent. Is this a common thing on new hubs? is there a cheap fix? don't want to buy a new hub just because of the noise.
>>
Are cheap sub $20 cycling jerseys worth it? I'm a bit overweight right now (BMI 28 but lots of muscle) and am scared i'll look disgusting
>>
>>1085209
go to uhal and get the lifetime warranty $150 hidden hitch

then get a real bike rack on it

roof racks make you look like a hypbeast sneaker core jdm kid

and the trunk clips scratch and ding your trunk and also drop bikes sometimes

and those saris bones or w'e get nasty looking after a few months in the sun

just get a real rack put in

also a 2013 civic can tow the tiny 4x4 trailers uhaul has so your bike rack mount can pull double time

also can tow motorcycles too
>>
>>1085257
you'll be 'a fat guy on a bike' no matter what you wear, may as well be comfy
>>
Good, cheap 700c wheels for mixed usage riding? If they're coming with tires on them, 80% on streets, with very bad road, grass, and some gravel here and there.
>>
>>1085177
Depends what you're after, the Supreme is more of a smooth fast rolling tyre, has far less of the massive anti-puncture protection belt the standard has.
>>
If you've got an old hub that's long in the tooth is it preferable to remove all play at the cost of smoothness or leave it on the loose side?
>>
File: 14985759057121309321861.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14985759057121309321861.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
...and a sense of humor, too!
>>
>>1084897
Im like 1000 km from home and i dont want to buy cleaning stuff just to throw it away after one use, I also Need to clean the drivetrain
>>
>>1085320
Replace and regrease the bearings if you're forced to make this choice.
>>
>>1085299
If you want a cheap wheelset that will hold up, I'd get a cheap factory wheelset with Sun CR18 rims, then get them professionally trued and tensioned.

>>1085320
What the previous anon said, but if the races themselves are worn then it's better to have a very small amount of play in the hub.

>>1085252
Different hubs make different sounds and newer hubs are louder on average. Let the noise that annoys you serve as a reminder that you should never stop pedaling unless you're coasting down a huge hill.
>>
>>1085299
>Good, cheap 700c wheels for mixed usage riding? If they're coming with tires on them, 80% on streets, with very bad road, grass, and some gravel here and there.

Your intended tire size matters a lot here. What size tire? The inner width of the rim determines what size tires you can get away with

If you want tough wheels you want a high spoke count. I go 36h on front and read because I'm pushing 190lb and don't care about speed. But it adds rotational weight so you'll notice it.

I've been very happy with mavic rims. CXP-33 on my road bike (28c) and A719 on my touring bike (40c). A719 is heavy duty. The wheelset they are on hasn't gone out of true for years

You should expect to pay at least $250 in the end for good wheels (buy wheels + have trued at shop)
>>
>>1085299
Used mavic ksyrium

I just bought a pair for $45

Because someone told the seller that his wheels were Shimano 9 speed only

Kek

Also parts are hella cheap when people assume shit like 10 speed cranks don't work with 11

Profting off of the vast amounts of misinformation that these bike retards spread like wildfire
>>
>>1081625
Why did you buy a chain breaker when all modern day chains come with qwik-linx

Tfw /n/ sitting there pressing pins in and out ignoring n am 11s chain lol
>>
>>1085400
Even with a QL, you still need a chain breaker on a new chain to adjust for length.
>>
When mounting a water bottle cage; do I want the washer between the screw and the bottle cage, or do I want the washer between the cage and the frame?
>>
>>1085455
Between the screw and cage. The point of washers is to separate a moving part (the screw) from a fixed part (the cage) so that the moving part doesn't wear against the fixed part. With a bottle cage it doesn't really matter so you could leave it out of put it between the cage and frame (if you needed to space it out for clearance issues) with no problems.
>>
>>1085252
Do you mean that when you're not pedaling? Then yes, that is common.
>>
>>1085252
Ratcheting is cool yo
>>
Last ride I got what I assumed was a pinch flat in the last few minutes on the way home.

Inspecting the tire, I discovered a small bit of metal - about as big around as a shirt pin. So, smaller than a needle.

Any need to patch the pinhole puncture in the tire, or will I be okay just patching the tube?
>>
>>1085504
Tube only.
>>
What's a good recommendation for a bottle cage for a bike w/ no screw mounts? I got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K3W0JCI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but it just slides around and fucks up my paint. the only other options I see are seperate mounts and water bottle cages, and that'll run me ~$10 each. I just want something simple like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZFFMXN/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_bEHPL_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=Y2BKWYAGNTCFY84RRC3X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=eefa9164-4bf6-540e-9ffb-b734b807caa6&pf_rd_i=3403511

but with straps.
>>
File: reid-cx-738.jpg (123KB, 1110x735px) Image search: [Google]
reid-cx-738.jpg
123KB, 1110x735px
I'm looking to get into cycling and I'm not sure what to get. I was thinking of a road bike but I would also like to take it off road a little when camping etc. So would a CX bike be better where I have the clearance to change the tires if I need to? I don't really want to spend too much but I was thinking of something like this

https://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-cx.html#product-tabs

Would this be any good? This is probably on the upper limit of what I would like to spend. I'm in Australia if that helps. If this isn't that good any pointers on what to look out for? I'm not sure how much is available to me. I've searched a bit on ebay with no luck
>>
>>1085586
A cyclecross bike is a great option if you want to take it off road a bit. However, cyclocross works up to pretty extreme offroading, so if you're just doing some casual across flat grass 'offroading' like once a month then a road bike can go across that.
A road bike doesn't suddenly explode when off the road. But when climbing hills you'd want thicker tires for the traction and such.

But cyclocross bikes are pretty much just roadbikes with thicker tires/wheels so it's up to you, since you could then later just stick more roadie tires/wheels on it and it'd be a pureblood roadbike.
>>
File: reid-granite-1-0-550.jpg (113KB, 1110x735px) Image search: [Google]
reid-granite-1-0-550.jpg
113KB, 1110x735px
>>1085593
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Would something like I posted be decent for a first bike? Would I be missing out a lot if I went cheaper, maybe something like

https://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-cx.html#product-tabs

I'm only posting Reid bikes as I'm not that familiar and they seem like okay value but I'm open to anything
>>
>>1085595
Looks pretty good. You got a full shimano claris groupset, and some SRAM disc brakes. It's low end shimano but the main difference between low end shimano and high end is weight. And cost.
I don't think you'll be disappointed- just make sure you get a frame suited for your body size. Grab it and take care of it.
>>
File: lMMK6mo.png (12KB, 284x182px) Image search: [Google]
lMMK6mo.png
12KB, 284x182px
>>1085599
I'm about 190cm tall so I assume I'd get one of the larger sizes. I don't have a retailer near me so I can't try them out. I'll do my research before buying though
>>
>>1085600
Use whatever the manufacturer says when it comes to frame size.
>>
File: hg.jpg (173KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
hg.jpg
173KB, 960x960px
>>1081621
What kind of bar tape is a good deal? Do you guys like gel, leather, plastic, or cotton tape most? I need bar plugs too. I got my Bianchi road bike at a garage sale and the taping job is awful, held on with electrical tape and cable ties. What color would look good? I'm thinking about red or yellow. The red is kind of faded and looks more like pink.

My bike: >>1082460
>>
>>1085252
Yeah, it's common. What brand is the hub? When I got my first road bike with Campagnolo Veloce hubs, I was amazed how loud it was compared to my old bikes with Shimano, Suntour, or off-brand hubs. SRAM has a reputation for being louder, but I have never owned one. Coaster brake hubs are totally silent because they work differently than freewheels.
>>
>>1085376
What kind of bike?
>>
File: weather.png (44KB, 663x223px) Image search: [Google]
weather.png
44KB, 663x223px
How am I supposed to ride my bike? Look at this, Hell must be right bellow us or something.
>>
>>1085609

standard cork foam bar tape is the best for your money

I've liked Soma and Cinelli brand tape the most. Some of the cheap stuff has worse hand-feel, and can snap if you wrap it too tight

Bar tape comes with plastic bar-end plugs. If you want to spend $ on something more secure you can do that.
>>
>>1085609

Black or celeste, imho

hard to get sick of black
>>
>>1085638
Go out early when it's still reasonably cool and come back before the midday heat has ramped up. The evening or night might work too depending on when it cools down.

I went out in weather like that once and on the way back just felt really weak and woozy, must have given myself minor heat stroke. Not terribly fun. Also the asphalt gets way hotter than that, every time you put your foot down at an intersection or something you can feel your feet cooking through your shoes.
>>
Retard here with my first bike. If the headset is a threaded 1" then I want to buy a 1" quill stem right?
>>
>>1085638

>45 high
>22 low

That's a broad spread
>>
>>1085714
>Retard here with my first bike. If the headset is a threaded 1" then I want to buy a 1" quill stem right?

yesh
>>
>>1085714

and watch out for that bar clamp diameter my friend... 25.4...26.0... the difference matters
>>
how long until my bike seat stops hurting my bum?

i wear shorts with chamois. will i eventually get used to it or should i look for a new seat?
>>
>>1085754
Depends where the pain is. If it's making your taint sore and your dick numb, then you need to either try changing the angle or getting something different. If it's on where your sitbones are give it a few weeks, probably.
>>
>>1085756
cool. yea, it is purely on the sit bones.

i have only been riding it for two days now so i guess the discomfort is to be expected.
>>
>>1085754

It's complicated, contingent, situational.

If you have been riding for less than several months overall, with no history of cycling or physical training, you are simply weak. Nothing will stop the hurting except getting stronger.

It takes a degree of core strength, leg strength, flexibility, and experience to support yourself comfortably over any given distance. The longer, further, & harder you ride the more likely you are to experience some discomfort no matter how perfectly your equipment fits you.

Can you distinguish between pressure-pain and chafing? Think about the worst pairs of shoes you've ever tried on. Some of them put pressure on weird parts of your foot, and so don't fit you. But a seemingly comfortable pair of shoes (or shorts, or a saddle) can also fuck you over just as badly by chafing. Too much padding, or padding in the wrong places is just as bad as too little, and sometimes worse.
>>
>>1085754
If you've just started riding, it'll take a few months. Just ride for a while until your ass hurts, then wait until it heals before riding again. Repeat until ass is no longer a problem.

When you start doing longer rides, like 2hr+, proper shorts will help, since at those lengths your ass will probably start to hurt no matter how hardened it is.

You need a hardened ass.
>>
>>1085746
This was already my first newbie mistake, so I wasted $20 on a bar that I can't use unfortunately. Live and learn.
>>
I want to get into cycling but I'm not sure of any tracks or good places to ride. Would something like strava help me find places? I've heard of it but never used it. Would there be other apps to help me with this aswell?
>>
>>1085790
If you search for the strava labs global heatmap, you zoom in on where to live to see which roads and trails are being ridden the most.
>>
File: hmmmmmm.png (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmm.png
71KB, 1000x1000px
I bought a new road bike for commuting, because my old one didn't survive a car crash. It has new Tiagra 4700 groupset (2x10). Should I swap derailleurs with Ultegra 6700 from my old bike (they weren't affected in crash)? How is new 4700 compared to 6700?
>>
>>1085802
Just keep the old stuff as spares. You could look up the specs for the difference but it'll mostly be weight. If you're a weight weenie, swap em, but if not, save yourself the work and don't.
>>
Any tips for briging a leather saddle back to life, other than Proofide? I got caught under the rain and it's looking pretty rough now
>>
How bad is it for your wheels to be riding on flat tyres
>>
>>1085388
>>1085397
>>1085398

Alright I was a little blitzed when I posted and I forgot I did. It's a bit more complicated than that. I'm converting a Trek 950 into a cyclocross-style hybrid because why not. I'm keeping it as original as possible, so I need some 700c or maybe even 29ers with a 130 or 136mm 7 speed hub. Makes things a bit more difficult. The current rear wheel is a 130mm with a 5mm spacer.

>>1085398
>mavic ksyrium for $45
fuck you
>>
>>1085845
Possibly Obenauf leather treatment
>>
File: catum.jpg (17KB, 246x374px) Image search: [Google]
catum.jpg
17KB, 246x374px
how can i correct one of my legs being shorter than the other? it always feels like i can't get consistent strokes because the shorter leg is extending farther than the other. i put a couple socks in the bottom of the shoe of my shorter leg and it helps a little bit, but not quite enough.

the thing is it's not like my legs are obviously different lengths until i really look at them close while i'm sitting on the floor; i hadn't even realized this was an issue i had until i started cycling. it made a lot of sense about why i tend to get differing one-sided pains in different places of my lower body if i've been walking all day, though
>>
Anyone have the Cannondale Synapse (2017)? My flashlight doesn't fit on the handlebars. They are too thick. Anyone have any recommendations?

My tail light fits just fine, so I don't really need a flashlight tail light combo.
>>
>>1086011
You could get a shorter crank arm for the shorter leg, they're typically available in 5mm increments. You can also get different thickness pedals if you're using flats (so thicker for the shorter leg) or you can put spacers under one cleat if you use clipless, this can give you finer adjustments with the downside of having the knee of the shorter leg raise higher so it might cause you to learn over.
>>
File: 6093832950_3229b832c3_o.jpg (281KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6093832950_3229b832c3_o.jpg
281KB, 1500x1000px
This may be a retarded question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

My spring tension adjustment screws on my linear pull cantilever brakes brakes are in there pretty tight and whenever I need to adjust them I get very paranoid about stripping the screw with my ill-fitting driver (yes, I know is half of the problem). Would lightly oiling the screws to keep them reasonably adjustable work, or would the vibration of the bike cause the screws to unseat?

I was watching a video on how to change your cranks earlier and they suggested this for outer crank screws.
>>
On a scale of 1 to vomit inducing, how bad is it to pick up the less neglected bottles that are discarded on the side of the road. Take them home, disinfect them, and use them? I keep seeing decent ones and it makes me sad
>>
>>1086011

Anon you're supposed to get an orthopedic insole
>>
>>1085600
>>1085602
If I am 188cm exactly then should I go L or XL I wonder
>>
>>1086147
It would depend on your torso and top tube length, but generally speaking if you're inbetween sizes it's recommendable to get the smaller one
>>
>>1086137
Dude you can find those screws for pennies, I wouldn't worry about it
>>
File: 1462893074871.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462893074871.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>>1086138
>>
File: M.jpg (368KB, 1521x659px) Image search: [Google]
M.jpg
368KB, 1521x659px
Which ones should I get?

Local shop has both available at just over $200.
>>
>>1086138
It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>1086177
>spending $200 on shoes for cycling
>>
>>1086177
Get the camo ones... The yellow won't go with anything unless you get like a Mavic helmet to go with.
>>
File: DSC_0104.jpg (421KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0104.jpg
421KB, 3008x2000px
I have an old Crescent road bike and a couple of guys online are asking me how much I want for it.

How much should I ask for it?
I'm currently asking $200. All parts are Campagnolo and I think they're quite valuable.

No idea if the paintjob is original or not, at least it has some patina so I think it's original.
>>
File: DSC_0101.jpg (375KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0101.jpg
375KB, 3008x2000px
>>1086190

Haven't properly washed and buffed it yet, but here are some pics.
>>
File: DSC_0102.jpg (393KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0102.jpg
393KB, 3008x2000px
>>1086191
>>
>>1086190
Do you need the money? Because otherwise I'd keep it. No point in selling it cheap, and nobody will pay a whole lot for it either, so it's better just to fix it up and ride it.
>>
>>1086203

It's way too small for me, keeping it is not an option unless I want to keep it for decorative purposes. So yeah, I'll take the money instead.
But I really don't know if it's worth $100 or $1000, so I don't want the buyers taking advantage of this fact.
I originally bought it from my neighbor for a price I don't want to disclose publicly.
>>
File: ew.jpg (58KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
58KB, 620x345px
>>1086138
Picking them up and throwing them out would be cool.

Using them yourself is probably not advisable...
>>
>>1086215
Nothing a good load of bleach can't fix, right ey?
I do agree on the taking them to be recycled regardless though, will start doing that if i have a spare cage and see one
>>
Getting to be time to replace my front tire.
Been thinking of trying out an asymmetric setup.

Aside from Muh Gramz, Muh Rotating Unsprung Mass, are there any downsides to putting a 25c up front with a 23c in back?
>>
>>1086177

2nding camo

>>1086179

>spending less than $200 on shoes for literally anything
>>
>>1086334
>are there any downsides to putting a 25c up front with a 23c in back

you will always be peddling uphill
>>
>>1086343

Why would that constitute a downside?
>>
>>1086334
Tread and rubber compound matter more, you want a fast rolling tyre on the rear and grippy on the front (for braking). Also unless you're racing there's absolutely no reason to go smaller than 28mm, and even if you're racing you may be better off with 28mm. I suppose clearance could be one reason, but then only an idiot would buy a bike with such tight clearances.
>>
>>1086346

hoooooly fucking shit that bro-science

Yeah. NO.
Get your shit together and get off the board, get off the road, get off the MUP. Stop drinking cool-aid, stop drinking water.

>Tread and rubber compound matter more

This is true, but I am of course matching tread and rubber compound. Holy fuck.
>>
>>1086348
>This is true, but I am of course matching tread and rubber compound
So you're using identical model tyres but differing sizes? What do you hope to gain from that? I'll tell you, absolutely nothing.

The only reason to use different tyres is for different properties (as I said, fast rolling on the rear and grippy on the front) and size has such a minute effect on those properties (at least 2mm, we're not comparing a fat tyre to a 28mm here) that it's practically irrelevant. What you will notice however is the reduced comfort from having to run the skinnier tyre at a higher pressure.
>>
For Sheldons sake, why won't my cup and cone -hubs stay as adjusted? Is it just that the axle or something is fucked up? I'm tightening the cones with the nut as tight I dare, but they still come loose. Hubs are quite old XTs if that matters.
>>
>>1086207
Check how much the parts cost when new, and - a percentage based on how worn they look.
>>
>>1086378
Have you tried some thread lock? It could be that the threads are worn, either on the axle or the cones and lock nuts.
>>
anons, in what page i can buy full GT bikes and accessories (catalog), paying with paypal and the seller offering shipment service preferably to/in florida?
>>
hey guys newfag here im thinking of turning an old 5 speed bike into a sleek single geared/ fixie bike but me being a complete noob dont know how to do it. help?
im thinking of getting this wheelset but im not sure partly cause idk if 700c means 26 in or 29 and mainly cause idk if itll work for being a fixie
http:// www.velomine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=235_242&products_id=3782
what do you guys think and any info to convert the bike into a single/fixed gear?
>>
>>1087096
new thread

>>1086471
>>1086471
>>1086471
>>
>>1082346
that's cash.
>>
>>1083500
underrated
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.