[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult would it be to learn to bunnyhop on a hardtail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: crates.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
crates.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
How difficult would it be to learn to bunnyhop on a hardtail with a milk crate on the back rack?
>>
>>1080874
It's good practice and shouldn't be any harder. The difference is the effort required for more height.
>>
>>1080954
I had to bunny hop my 70lb loaded touring bike over an unexpected pothole. I almost ripped my arms out of their sockets but it can be done.
>>
>>1081005
>using your arms to bunny hop
You're doing it wrong desu
>>
>>1081029
Do you lift the front wheel with your teeth?
>>
>>1081032
>he doesn't know it starts at the torso
>>
File: BRAIN.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BRAIN.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>1081032
You use your body weight and leverage, you dont yank up with your arms ya moran. Has nothing to do with arm strength. I have pencil arms and i can get almost 3 foot vertical hops
>>
>>1081057
Try doing a proper bunny hop on a 70 lb touring bike then get back to me.
>>
>>1081063
Did OP say his milkcrate was full or empty?
>>
>>1081075
I only have it on to transport light stuff; lunch and a jacket to work and sometimes groceries.

In both cases I wouldn't be attempting any tricks on it if the crate is full, but I was just curious as to if the milk crate would make it harder/impossible to do bunnyhops at all. I have the crate tied down pretty tight and would rather leave it on than take it off to do hops.
>>
>>1081079
>if the milk crate would make it harder/impossible to do bunnyhops at all
nah man, as long as its clamped down well you're fine
they only weigh a couple pounds anyways
and you should be able to bunnyhop anything with wheels, weight doesn't matter that much

keep in mind, its a scooping motion using your core, don't just yank up on the bars, that's fucked
>>
>>1081113
Thanks mate; I was more worried about the position of the scoop being affected by the crate ( a lot of the how-to vids I was watching on how to do a bunnyhop look like they're directly over the back tire, which isn't possible on my bike now obviously thanks to the milk crate), not so much the weight of the crate or anything.
>>
From what I understand, when you get the front wheel off the ground, you're almost pushing the wheel back down as you get the back tire up in the air.
>>
>>1081115
if the crate blocks you from scooting your ass off the back of your saddle
then yeah, you're going to have a shit time of failing hopping
>>
>>1081063
people bunny hop fucking motorcycles you twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQJjwWIJhno
>>
File: KOPS this, mfers.jpg (120KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
KOPS this, mfers.jpg
120KB, 450x332px
>>1081113
*unzips recumbent*
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.