[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicago Suburban-O'Hare Rail Connector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: suburban-airport-connector.png (2MB, 1156x809px) Image search: [Google]
suburban-airport-connector.png
2MB, 1156x809px
It is theoretically possible to give the northern Chicago suburbs a direct, one-seat rail connection to O'Hare International Airport. The best part of this is that it would run almost entirely over disused, former railroad rights-of-way that have not (yet) been developed.

From a northern terminal in the Lake-Cook Road region, the rail line would travel south, over the abandoned Skokie Valley Route of the CNS&M to the Dempster-Skokie area. From there, the rail line would continue south over the abandoned Skokie-Weber-Mayfair Line of the C&NW. At Mayfair, a connection would be built to the CTA Blue Line where it continues on to O'Hare in the Median of the Kennedy Expressway.

I do not really believe this is economically or politically feasible, at least within my lifetime, so consider it the autistic foamer equivalent of fan-fiction.
>>
>>1080842
Do you think it could be a new CTA line, or something else?
>>
>>1080844
I think it would require a degree of city & suburban intra-agency cooperation (CTA & Metra/RTA) that makes this proposal even less feasible, politically.
>>
Connecting Skokie to the Blue Line is being done as part of the Mid-City Transitway, and CTA has actually had plans to extend the Yellow Line out to Lake Cook Road for a very long time.
>>
>>1081282
>Connecting Skokie to the Blue Line is being done as part of the Mid-City Transitway
So this is still actually on the books?

>CTA has actually had plans to extend the Yellow Line out to Lake Cook Road for a very long time
It looks like Northfield and Northbrook killed that idea in 2002. I wonder if there's a way to cuck them and bring it back.
>>
>>1080842
I was going into this thread in full disagreement but looking at that map, it wouldn't be bad actually. Extended the start of the red so it touches the beginning of the brown line on Kimball and it'll have far reach with a decent population to move

I was just at the abandoned rail near the yellow dot between red and blue lines
>>
Northfield and Northbrook aren't even real towns

Fuck them and their NIMBY bullshit
>>
>>1080842

Interesting, but as you said, probably not economically expedient.

The general notion is that nearly everyone in suburbs own and drive cars. It might be a feasible consideration if O'hare didn't have boatloads of parking. Economy parking is down to $10/day there, which is drastically different from rates downtown, which averages ~$15/hour.

I think the CTA Blue Line which services lower income communities along the Kennedy and relatively lower car ownership in and around downtown is pretty good in and of itself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.