[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever taken the greyhound bus from PA to FL? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Vvardenfell.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Vvardenfell.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Has anyone ever taken the greyhound bus from PA to FL? What's it like? I'm not sure if I want to subject myself to 20 hours on a bus.
>>
I've done WV to GA. Lots of stops in the middle of nowhere. Little rest stop areas with one shitty gas station and a mcd's. Layover in Charlotte sucks. If you're lucky you'll get a bus full of military guys who just quietly talk amongst themselves. Worst case scenario you get a bunch of fat poor middle aged women who snore/ spill soda all over themselves/ get in fights with the driver/ keep begging to use your cell phone.
>>
>>1080586
Why not just take the train? Philadelphia to Miami is only $120, even though it's 5 hours longer. You'll be able to get up and walk around, visit the dining car, the lounge, free wifi, and possibly get a bed with that.
>>
>>1080586
I'd rather walk. I've been by bus and will never do it again.
>>
Theres no way that is a 20 hour bus ride. At least 40+ hours
>>
>>1080586
I've done CO to FL
50+ hours, not that it should have taken that long but if one bus is slow you'll miss the next and have to wait 2-8 hours in the station.
it was shit, but I did get to see several drunks kicked off in the middle of nowhere
>>
Only poor people who can't afford a car ride Greyhound.

I should rephrase that.

Poor people who can't afford a car are the only ones who ride Greyhound more than once.
>>
OP here. I'm on the bus now. Wish me luck.
>>
>>1080797
good luck. I've ridden the bus for short intra-state or one-state-away trips, it's not too bad. but you're in for a trying experience doing PA to FL. keep ya head up.

to make it interesting, log all the psychotic behavior of your fellow passengers here ITT
>>
>>1080805
OP Here with an update: I had a layover to get onto an actual greyhound bus from my towns local bus. Bus was 3 and a half hours late and I'm on track to missing my next layover. Next time I'm dishing out the extra 200 and flying or driving myself. Fuck Greyhound. Busses themselves aren't too bad though.
>>
>>1080805
As far as psychotic behavior, only stories I have are from the station, since that's where i've been mostly. Anyway, there was one dude with tourettes or something who kept walking around and bothering people. At one point he dropped his suitcase, spilling all the contents (mostly clothes) on the floor, and proceeded to pick everything up lightning fast. Like panting and grabbing shit at the speed of light and packing. Packed his whole shit back up in like 1 second and there was a lot of shit spilled on the floor. Everything else has been pretty tame. On the bus now, anyone have any questions about Greyhound?
>>
I took a Greyhound from FL to Chicago to Utah once and a couple other shorter trips.

Be prepared to be offered to buy drugs at every major bus stop. Like others said, expect crazy, weird people to be bothering others.

Typical users of Greyhound are old ladies that can't drive, teenagers, people that got DUIs and can't drive but are too broke for an airline ticket. People on no-fly lists. Amish people.

On the bus, it's okay. People leave each other alone and the driver will stop the bus and him and other passengers will kick people off for acting too crazy. The bus stations themselves are all horrible, unpleasant places. They are safe-ish what with the armed guards there but still not exactly fun places to hang out in.
>>
>>1080586
I've done a coach bus from London UK to Innsbruck Austria, 18 hours including the channel ferry and a stop in Germany for breakfast. It was over night so I slept for almost half of it (I brought ativan), and the ferry and breakfast stop broke it up. It was only equivalent to $40 USD and I was in no hurry which is why I went. I flew back though and probably wouldn't do the long bus again.
So long as there are stops to stretch your legs and eat it shouldn't be too bad
>>
>>1080867
how many 400-pound dindus have you encountered
>>
>>1080586
A friend and I did CT to CA and back. After all delays, we ended up spending and extra day and a half on top of the three days there and three days back. The worst part about the long bus trips is that the drivers have to stop every two to three hours to take a break, and each stop along the route they sometimes needs to clean the bus so everybody has to get off for 15-20 minutes, so don't plan on sleeping more then two or so hours at a time.

If trains didn't cost like five times what the bus costs I would've done that instead.
>>
>>1080708
Who would spend such a long time driving instead of flying
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.