[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be in Japan at the end of this month, and I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: JRE_EC_485_series_Hokuetsu_K02.jpg (1001KB, 2714x1956px) Image search: [Google]
JRE_EC_485_series_Hokuetsu_K02.jpg
1001KB, 2714x1956px
I'll be in Japan at the end of this month, and I was wondering if there are any classic JR trains in service like the one pictured.
>>
>>1080560

>Not posting in the Japanese Railways General thread

SHIGGY DIGGY DOO

Unfortunately most of the JNR era limited express EMUs are either retired or relegated to seasonal services. The only ones that I know are in active regular service are the 381 Series EMU for the Ltd. Exp Yakumo (West JR) between Okayama and Izumoshi and the 185 Series EMU for the Ltd. Exp Odoriko (JR East) between Tokyo and Izu peninsula

There are still plenty of JNR era commuter/suburban EMUs along with various types of DMUs throughout the country, but I'm not sure if you are interested in those too
>>
If you want to get really classic, there are various opportunities to ride steam trains across the country every weekend.
Partially they even run as regular services. Like along the Yamaguchi Line. You can ride that train (SL Yamaguchi) with regular JR tickets (including the JRP).
>>
>>1080560
I don't know if it was the exact same model, but I took a very similar train to this to Amanohashidate and back from Kyoto.
>>
>>1081906
Addendum: This was a couple of years ago, late 2015
>>
File: 183 Ricecooker.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
183 Ricecooker.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
>>1081906

Well, the 183/381 (probably the one that you took)/485 series entered at around the same time in early 70s so they have basically the same design with some differences.

183: DC voltage only (West JR 183s were actually converted from their 485 series EMU by disabling/removing AC electrical components, so they look the same physically)
381: DC voltage only, has passive tilting mechanism, body made with aluminium alloy, and most of its equipment built under the carriage
485: AC/DC dual voltage, only one with the light on top of the train

As I mentioned only the 381 series is still in active regular service, but rumors have been flying around that they will be replaced soon as the age of the fleet is approaching 40 years old by 2022
>>
>>1082004
Is there a piggybank version of the trains too, like there is for the Tokyo commuter trains?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.