[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no one talks about skating in here? >Skating to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_nqwowqQR2E1uo6t3to1_500.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqwowqQR2E1uo6t3to1_500.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
How come no one talks about skating in here?
>Skating to work is GOAT
What are you guys thoughts on 3-wheeled inliners?
>>
File: aspie.jpg (24KB, 425x330px) Image search: [Google]
aspie.jpg
24KB, 425x330px
>>1080336
>/asp/ergers
>>
>>1080338
But skating is just as effective for commuting as biking
>>
File: fruitboot.jpg (145KB, 640x1859px) Image search: [Google]
fruitboot.jpg
145KB, 640x1859px
>>
>>1080339
Not in y third world sidewalk-free pot-holed country
>>
File: aspie confirmed.png (9KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
aspie confirmed.png
9KB, 256x197px
>>1080339
Do you ride your skates or do you wear them? Now do you ride a bike or do you wear it?

/asp/erger's
>>
>>1080339
Haha, good one
>>
>>1080338
I was going to poo-poo this thread and send them off to /toy/ or something, but since you complained about it first (and I know who you are) I am instead ENDORSING this thread as perfectly VALID and WELCOME on /n/, which has bandwidth to spare.

>>1080336
Really anything with wheels that gets you from Point 'A' to Point 'B' is transportation, even if it's human-powered.

Inline skates are best for outdoor use anyway. Quads get stuck in cracks and you end up on your face, inlines just roll right over them. The one thing I'd figure would be an improvement, for safety reasons, would be brakes attached to a cable to a hand-held actuator, so you can stop quicker if necessary, without having to drag a foot or something.
>>
>>1080345
Nope, you're completely and totally wrong and should just leave the thread, Sheldon. Take your meds, go back to your train-foamer threads and STFU.
>Waaah, stop liking what I don't like! WAAAH!
LOL what a fag
>>
>>1080338
>>1080345
Oh wow, you guys sure seems friendly and open minded
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>1080361
I don't know man, I think you can brake just as effective on skates by manoeuvering as you can on a bike, so a hand-held brake connected to your skates would just be in the way most of the time
>>
File: comparaison_fitness_vitesse_en.jpg (76KB, 830x461px) Image search: [Google]
comparaison_fitness_vitesse_en.jpg
76KB, 830x461px
>>1080372
no but imagine rolling downhill with skates on and brakes for each feet on each hand. I can imagine high speed brake vectoring turns a thing
>>
File: gotta go fast.jpg (59KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.jpg
59KB, 594x396px
>>1080336
im not a fan of rollerskates. Mainly because people around my area (Denmark) take up the entire fucking bikelane while skating around. For some reason the best way to skate is with music in your ears, tossing your legs 2 metres in each direction like an absolute degenerate..
.. but then again, i am a bit biased, as a roadie
>>
>>1080336
Why do you need the middle wheel(s)? One in front, one in back, 4/8 bearings less.
>>
>fr00tbooters

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1080477
more wheels = more braking capacity
>>
>>1080477

back when I used to skate and that shit was cool ( when I was like 16 so about 10 years back) it was super cool to just run 2 wheels.
>>
File: 1980s.jpg (81KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
1980s.jpg
81KB, 640x455px
>>1080774
>fruitboot
>cool
>10 years ago
the 80's was 37 years ago
>>
>>1080336

So, how long till we see 'boosted' skates
with a motor on them, like how there's boosted boards all over the place now...
>>
Assuming that you are not joking... skating on sidewalks is shit, and on the road is even worse.

In the picture seen here >>1080336, the skater is on extremely smooth pavement like you would see near the beach or boardwalk.

You are very limited with the places you can comfortably ride skates.

>>1080920
I think you are right. I can imagine them getting popular again once they are motorized.
>>
>>1080345
What if I told you my mother is the one responsible for the autism puzzle piece design, and it upsets me that you are using the knock off one.
>>
>>1081007
That's awesome, ask her to sign an original render to Anon
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.