[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bicycle speedometer/odometers - are they a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 61x3E4BINdL._SL1000_.jpg (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61x3E4BINdL._SL1000_.jpg
89KB, 1000x1000px
Bicycle speedometer/odometers - are they a meme?
>>
File: .jpg (60KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
60KB, 900x744px
Glad you made a thread, OP, because i'm looking for one.

all functionality i want from it:
wireless
backlit
small
waterproof
with one of those things you stick on your tire

I was looking at the cateye strada slim, but it has no backlight.
>>
>>1080282
I don't know what your budget is but I highly recommend the Wahoo element bolt. I did a lot of research going into buying a GPD/Bike computer and I finally landed on that one. It has everything you could ever want, save for a color screen. I have zero complaints about it.
>>
>>1080285
i was looking more in the $0 - $100 area to be honest. that one has a lot of functions i don't care for.
>>
>>1080275
Your FACE is a meme, OP. What the actual fuck?

>do you want the functions it provides or NOT?
That's the only question you have to ask.
>IF YES:
Buy one that you can afford.
>IF NO:
Buy nothing and JUST RIDE.

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
>>
>>1080282
dude wireless sucks. dont get a wireless one. they cause a lot of problems with connectivity

also a backlight is a meme, you likely arent riding in the pitch black.
>>
>>1080437
The main reason i would go with wireless is because i will attach it to my Brompton folding bicycle.

folding being the part where the wire breaks.
>>
>>1080437
Wireless may suck if you get a $5 chink shit cyclocomputer. I haven't had problems with wireless head units ever.
>>
>>1080450
Attach the wire to the front brake line, it's already positioned to not get chewed by the frame when folded. It won't be pretty, but it'll be dead reliable, unlike those stupid wireless goblins.
>>
I settled for the Sigma BC5.12. found a good price on it (€21 incl. shipping)

http://sigmasport.com/en/produkte/fahrrad-computer/topline-2012/wired/bc512
>>
>>1080613
webshop didn't have the bc5.12 in stock, so they send me the bc8.12 at no extra cost. looks good, works well.
>>
I'd say if your not going to get a cycling computer, spend a few bucks and just get a mount for your phone.
>>
what computer for century rides on complex routes?

I like weaving through places after I plan routes on google maps

almost every time I'm in the middle of nowhere with no cell service asking strangers where streets are
>>
>>1081476
If you like using google maps, you can download the maps to your phone in order to use it offline.

Its pretty self explanatory, but you can see the steps here;
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.