[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saddles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: SASMERASU_P1.jpg (37KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
SASMERASU_P1.jpg
37KB, 950x633px
This is the saddle that my bike came with and fuck is this thing uncomfortable. I've never had to use padded cycling shorts but I immediately grabbed up a pair.

Is there a hands down most comfortable saddle or do I have to go out and buy a bunch until I find what I like?
>>
You have to go out and test a bunch until you find what is good for your body. Plenty of shops have test saddles so you don't have to buy a bunch of saddles that don't fit you.
>>
>>1079465
The latter, focusing on sitbone width
Also make sure your saddle is level with the ground or ever so slightly tilted, any saddle will feel like an ass hatchet if it's not properly set up.
>>
>>1079492
What if the saddle is concave? do we want the ass part flat? Or the thin part flat (which makes the ass part tilt forward)?
>>
>>1079465
check out Cobb saddles, they have a return policy if you don't like it but that's what I've put on all my road and cross bikes
>>
>>1079465
Go find a Selle Italia dealer that uses their fit system and have them figure out what saddle is not only the right size but the right SHAPE for you. Most road saddles are shaped for little skinny guys. If you're not one of those then you're more likely to sit too far forward and it's uncomfortable.
>>
>>1079540
I may have to save up for one of those.

>>1079551
Yeah I'm a pretty big. 6"1', 210lbs. I may just pull the old specialized saddle I got on my $50 used bike. It's ugly, kinda beat up, but pretty comfy.
>>
Two points:
1. Have you been riding long?
If you haven't been riding for a while, your ass still needs to adjust. Give it a month of asspain before giving up on the saddle. I recently started riding again and I first went for a ride on it- 3 miles, and I couldn't ride it again for a week since my ass was still healing. Wait for your ass to heal and then ride again, and repeat for about a month.

2. There's no best saddle. All asses are different. You really just have to wait until your ass heals and then go try out different saddles.
>>
opinions on pic related?
>>
>>1079679
You gain a lot of control with the saddle between your legs. There is a reason they're long and pointy and it's not just so it hurts your crotch.
>>
>>1079685
my wife gets a sore vag (the labia to be specific) while riding

that's why i was looking at that one
>>
>>1079725
Just get a fitted seat and talk to the guy.
>>
File: TF-SA2103-1.jpg (149KB, 960x482px) Image search: [Google]
TF-SA2103-1.jpg
149KB, 960x482px
>>1079465
>Is there a hands down most comfortable saddle or do I have to go out and buy a bunch until I find what I like?

what kind of riding are you doing?

this is the saddle I tell everyone to get. it's amazing. but it's not for slam-stem roadie riding
>>
File: 868867.jpg (18KB, 440x314px) Image search: [Google]
868867.jpg
18KB, 440x314px
>>1079725

Terry saddles
>>
>>1079725
have a look at ISM saddles
>>
>>1079742
>>1079744
thanks boys
>>
>>1079725
>>1079744
I can vouch for ISM and Selle SMP saddles. I have plenty of miles on both and they're by far the comfiest saddles I've ever tried.
>>
>>1079465
>Is there a hands down most comfortable saddle

Brooks B17.
>>
>>1079740
Road and gravel.
>>
>>1079824
>Road and gravel.

You might like the Selle Anatomica. I ride what you describe. I've got a fair amount of saddle-to-bar drop too, but hardcore racer guys will be low enough (and care enough about weight) that the titanico is not ideal

But compared to the other saddles I've used, including brooks b17, it is the best for me
>>
>>1079825
Thanks man. I'm going to give it at least a month and see if I adjust. I don't want to spend over $100 on a saddle if I dont need to. I really want one though
>>
>>1079755
thanks anon
>>
Selle SMP saddles are the only ones that more or less fit everyone.
>>
>>1079800
> Brooks

I want to like them, only the quality is shite (also, bad customer service).
>>
File: butthurt2.jpg (105KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt2.jpg
105KB, 1000x667px
>>1079465
>not riding with padded shorts
>>
>>1080006
You mean the quality is amazing and you won't ever need customer service if you don't treat it like a retard.
>>
>>1079465
HANDS DOWN.
https://www.sq-lab.com/shop/en/Saddles/
But yes, you have to try a bunch, saddles are highly personal.
>>
>>1080001

The spesh Romin seems to also.
Never heard anyone of anyone not taking a liking to it.
>>
>>1080046
No, they break. The railings break. The frame breaks. It's quite common.

Had one myself. Broke (frame). Customer service first said it was my fault then didn't even answer my emails.
>>
File: cycling-and-impotence.jpg (14KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
cycling-and-impotence.jpg
14KB, 300x216px
+++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++ THIS IS NOW A CYCLING MAKES IMPOTENT THREAD +++
>>
>>1080622
do you weigh like 300lbs or something?

I weigh 175lbs and routinely go down/up steps and curbs as well as doing light trail riding during the summer. Broken bottom brackets, pedals, handle bars, suspension forks, etc. Never once ever had a saddle problem.

I just want the "how" explained to me. Why did brooks feel it was your fault? My brain can't wrap around this.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (4MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
4MB, 1600x1200px
>>1080660
How:
Pic related: Where the frame broke (not my saddle) on my Brooks Professional. Brooks claimed the reason is I didn't tension the leather (which didn't need tensioning and can't be the reason for failure at this spot anyway).
Contacted Brooks and told them I don't agree. Never heard from them again.

From my point of view the material is crap. It shouldn't fail at this point. Also: Brooks chickened out of the warranty because of a technicality (the tensioning screw has not been turned - this automatically voids the warranty).

As I've said, do some research. This is not an uncommon problem.

No, I weigh around 180 lbs.
>>
>>1080629
really?
>>
>>1080629
kill
your
self
>>
>>1079465
hard saddles give you more control over the bike but less comfortable obviously. soft saddles with no cutouts are a very bad news they will not keep you very stable not be very responsive usually too wide to easily stand behind and kill your prostate.

so with saddles (like everything) there are mostly tradeoffs once you move up from the pure crap. you trade control and ease to move around to comfort if that is more important.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPooOui4T0
found this, they also talk about why soft saddles tho comfortable for short rides are really a bad idea for serious biking.
>>
>>1079725
>my wife gets a sore vag (the labia to be specific) while riding
make her trim those beef curtains!
jokes aside, depends on what kind of riding you two do and in what position. that looks like crap for aggressive positions but okay for cruising.
>>
>>1080006
>>1080046
>>1080622
>>1080660
>>1080709
just get a taiwanese copy for cheap
>>
>>1080709
looks like you should have turned the goddamn tensioning screw
>>
>>1081344
This. Gyes makes great saddles.
>>
>>1079740
That saddle was an absolute revelation to me. It's like... each butt cheek gets its own hammock... just SO comfortable.
>>
File: saddle-with-screws.jpg (10KB, 470x245px) Image search: [Google]
saddle-with-screws.jpg
10KB, 470x245px
>>1079465
A few tips is lowwer your saddle a little and grease you crotch. Worked for me.
>>
>>1079488
You know how most bikes don't ship with pedals

They should remove the saddle when they deliver it to the customer.

That way you can make another upsell and/or force a customer buying a complete bike into buying a bike fitment
>>
>>1082378
>That saddle was an absolute revelation to me. It's like... each butt cheek gets its own hammock... just SO comfortable.

Yes.

Mine has started squeaking after a muddy ride. I haven't googled the problem yet. Have you dealt with this? Mine is 7 years old now
>>
>>1079740
I wonder what their long term durability is like. You can easily find B17s with 50000+km that still look usable and the owners swearing by them, I read that the Selles are thinner (or at least softer) and the cutout probably doesn't help.
>>
>>1079742
I have one of these on a road bike and it's comfy as fuck. My 80s road bike is a nutcracker but this one is very nice and keeps my ass cool. It even has a butterfly on it but I have no intentions to replace it. My Diamondback MTB saddle is okay.
>>
>>1082470
leather needs yearly oiling
>>
>>1079465
Here's the secret.

Any saddle can be comfortable if you just adjust it properly. A saddly like that probably needs to be farther forward to force you onto your sit bones and tilted down slightly.
>>
File: nappy.jpg (16KB, 480x375px) Image search: [Google]
nappy.jpg
16KB, 480x375px
>>1079465
>padded cycling shorts
>>
Fizik arione, there's a reason most of the pros have them.
>>
>>1085656
Variable padding. Best used with fig rolls and energy gels.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.