[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have to build a bike for a job interview in 12hrs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: JUST.jpg (7KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
7KB, 255x197px
Don't know what the fuck I'm doing

I've rebuilt old ten-speeds from the ground up and work on my bikes, and cars a lot so I'm not completely retarded, just not familiar with newer bike technologies I guess

Applied for a bike mechanic job, the description said they do a lot of suspension stuff so they would train for that, but after exchanging emails with the owner he said he'll have me build a bike to see what I've got. so far I have

>understand bike hydraulic disc brakes filling and bleeding procedure
- have hydros on my bike but have never had to do anything but pads 2bh
>front and rear indexed derraileur/shifter setup from ground up
>cable routing and fitting, especially hydraulic line (pre-cut to correct length?)
>pressing of integrated headsets etc., fitment of threadless fork and stem, I've fucked around with hollowtech BBs at least?
>thru-axle setups

Anything else you could think of as imperative would be helpful, I'm just gonna binge Youtube tutorials and hope for the best, I can't imagine it's that complicated, bikes are easier Legos than cars
>>
>>1078916
Opie here, I guess basic setup of suspension fork and shocks as well
>>
>>1078916
inb4 I don't want some untrained retard like you working on my bikes

inb4 >taking your bike to the bike shop ishygddt
>>
>>1078916
You don't press integrated headsets in so they'll laugh at you getting a headset cup press on an IS system lol

Hollow tech is old so better learn how to press a bb 30/86 system in right now tard.

Indexing from the ground up the fuck is that.

Honestly just go apply for McDonalds dude
>>
>>1078930
indexed shifting systems from the ground up as in setting up and adjusting shifters,cables, and derraileurs on a bare frame

indexed as in not shitty old friction systems like tard is used to

suk my dik pal but tanx
>>
>>1078934
You're making it seem like setting a high and low limit screw is a feat of science.

You're turning a screw dipshit not fabricating a helicopter fuel system
>>
>>1078916
Can you true a wheel? On it's axis, radially, plus the dish

That would be my make or break if I was hiring a mechanic
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.