[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had my asshole cut open and drained of pus at the local

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Just had my asshole cut open and drained of pus at the local clinic. Boy I love cycling
>>
How long will you be off the bike, senpai?
>>
>>1078841
What's it like being so inept that you can't adjust your saddle position?
>>
>>1078841
So in other words, you were so dumb that you didn't realize that feeling of there being broken glass between your crotch and the saddle was something to be worried about?

Now that you've fucked up enough to have highly infected saddle sores that were so bad that they became abcesses, requiring not only oral antibiotics *AND* surgical intervention to open and drain them (and likely chunks of your crotch *removed* to get rid of the abcesses), here's what you need to do in the future to PREVENT yourself from fucking up so bad again:

1. Cycling-specific shorts (yes, LYCRA). Wicking moisture away from your crotch not only keeps your crotch cooler, but helps prevent the swamp down there that bacteria loves as a breeding ground, and that furthermore contributes to sweat glands, scent glands (yes you have scent glands) and hair follicles from becoming clogged.
2. Use a anti-chafing cream. I personally recommend Assos Cream. Chafing causes irritation, which causes inflammation, which is a major contributor to saddle sores.
3. Immediately after riding remove your cycling shorts and shower, scrubbing your crotch clean.
4. Wash your cycling clothes after EVERY RIDE, without fail.
5. If you start getting saddle sores: Get some topical acne medication containing benzoyl peroxide and apply it several times a day. Sounds stupid but it actually works.
6. Replace your cycling shorts annually. They get stretched out and don't fit properly anymore, causing the padding in the crotch to move around, which contributes to chafing (and saddle sores).
7. Get a saddle for your bike that is the right size *and* the right *shape*.
8. Get your bike fitted and adjusted specifically for you by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing; bad bike fit can contribute to saddle sores.
9. Don't hesitate to go to the doctor if you get swollen, infected saddle sores again. You catch them soon enough and all it'll take is antibiotics.

Take my advice or don't, it's up to you.
>>
>>1078841
pics or it didn't happen
>>
What the fuck? I ride 13-20hr a week on average, using a saddle which is too wide for my sitbones, with literally no padding (because I can't afford a new proper one), I don't have enough kits to wear a clean kit every ride either. And I have literally only minor pain lol and never any infection. What the fuck...
>>
>>1078914
Post your Strava
>>
>>1078872
>scent glands (yes you have scent glands)
Hello /r9k/
>>
>>1078944
I shit you not, humans still have scent glands in their crotch area. I used to get saddle sores all the goddamned time and that's one of the factoids that turned up in my research into how to stop them from happening.
>>
>>1078914
Saddle welts cut open and drained is a thing
>>
>>1078952
Only if you really ignore them and let them go way too far. Usually they'd rather leave them alone and give you antibiotics because cutting them open could cause a spread of infection. They've got to be really really bad, like in danger of poisoning your bloodstream, before they'll resort to surgery.
>>
>>1078872
>4. Wash your cycling clothes after EVERY RIDE, without fail.

I mean, yes.

But any halfway decent chamois is highly antimicrobial. You can get away with the occasional extra ride. And people touring tend to go more than one day per chamois between washes.

This thread is like those pictures of necrotized spider bites. It's more a question of personal hygiene, prevention, and treating symptoms in a timely matter than anything else. Normal cyclists - even normal cyclists that ride multiple centuries weekly - do not get abscesses.
>>
>>1078986
Do as you like, it's (literally) your ass, but I am TELLING YOU: If you have chronic problems with saddle sores, you cannot fail to wash your shorts after every ride. If you don't you're asking for trouble. FFS you can hand-wash them in a sink with dish soap, rinse well, and it's better than allowing the padding to become a bacterial breeding ground. It also prolongs the lifespan of the padding, keeping it clean.
>>
If I shave my ass will it help prevent chafing?
>>
>>1079092
Rather the opposite. Razor burn on your bum.
>>
>>1078914
I only had minor pain too until one day I had a fever and couldn't get out of bed and started leaking from my anus. It will be your turn soon
>>
>>1079092
yes, ignore this guy who is too stupid too shave >>1079096
>>
>>1079099
Just like chlamydia everyone gets it a few times
>>
>>1078841
So this board exists to segregate you all from /o?
>>
>>1078914
Let me redpill you: not all bodies are the same. You're welcome.
>>
I ride six to seven days, 12-15 hours a day.

For work.

In cotton drill and underwear.

And I change my shorts when they start to stink of courier.

HTFUC.
>>
>>1079406
why would you do that to yourself, there's a line between tough and stupid m8
>>
>>1079407
Because it is cheap.

Because I want to look like the men most likely to kill me so they think twice.

Because I don't get crotch infections.

Because I bothered to do basic ergo set-up and a tourer/rando position with a decent saddle for all day riding because I'm not fucking stupid.

Because I ride 40 mm tyres because I'm not fucking stupid.

Because I pace myself because I'm riding 15 hour days.

Because fuck you racer cunt >>>/asp/
>>
>>1079409

I got the feeling somebody is exaggerating here.
>>
>>1079633
Exaggerating? On the internet?! Nonsense!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.