[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: images (25).jpg (4KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
4KB, 323x156px
I'm looking to get into longboarding because I always walk everywhere and I have shit money for a car so I'm looking to find good info about who makes the best gear for the lowest price
>>
>>1078657
krux trucks, spitfire bearings and wheels, and an element deck are my recommendations
though I have never longboarded
>>
>>1078657
Spring for a Loaded Board.
>>
Still not quite what I'm looking for first dood
That's skating gear for a skateboard which is for tricks and looking cool
I'm looking for longboard stuffs for to cruise
>>
Long time longboarder here
So every part of a board is important
Trucks (essentially the axles): for carving and being able to handle
Deck: for the comfort of the ride
Wheels: being able to go over large bumps and be grippy
Berrings: being able to go the most distance on one push

So the deck I would always recommend something with a tail to help Controll the board on tight slow turns, but this is a personal preference. you want something with some flex so that you don't feel every bump you hit.
The trucks you should get something mid range and maybe a little on the softer side for handling ability, or if you plan on bombing hills, get tighter trucks so that you don't get speed wobbles at high speeds
The wheels, get wheels larger than 90mm preferably so that any rocks or bumps you can roll over with relative ease
Berrings, (the most important part IMO) get good quality so they last longer and have the least resistance, I like Abec brand.
>>
Thank you so much
Are there any specific brands for parts that you recommend?
>>
>>1078714
Learn to reference the posts you're responding to. Holy shit.
>>
File: IMG_1420.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1420.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Big time Longboarder here. Best longboard for the price are Ehlers boards. A whole complete by them is 1/2 the price of my most expensive deck, yet the quality is still pretty good. Buy zealous bearings too. I've raced people with ceramics and kept up with them, and zealous are only $13 for a set.
>>
>>1078704
90 mm? Are you stupid? Venom, arbor, moonshine, and rayne dh riders ride 76mm at the max. OP should be looking for 65-70mm wheels.
>>
>>1078704
Also, tight trucks don't result in stability. Tightness overcompresses bushings and results in lack of dive, only different truck angles and harder bushings can make a board more stable
>>
>>1078717
Orangatang Kegel wheels are 80mm. I have those on my board. I've never even heard of 90mm wheels.
>>
>>1078720
good luck coring them
>>
>>1078721
What?
>>
File: IMG_1424.jpg (225KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1424.jpg
225KB, 640x1136px
>>1078724
>>
>>1078727
I ride mine on the street, and a lot of them aren't great streets, everyday and I have no issues with the wheels. If you're going to tear around and intentionally power slide and shit like that, then of course they'll wear down.
>>
>>1078727
>>1078732
Just to be clear, I really don't understand what that picture is intended to prove one way or another.
>>
>>1078734
It's a joke when you tell someone good luck coring orangatang wheels. Orangatang wheels last forever compared to other wheel companies when you do fast power slides during downhill runs. And since the Kegel is so big, it makes it especially hard to wear down.
>>
I've always wanted to ask this but did not have the occasion.
Where do you usually ride? Sidewalk, road, bike lane (if it exists)? Combining them?

I usually try to steer clear of the road because my town is very car centric, which leaves me going on paved sidewalks, which in turn feels awful and shaky.

Does your region have laws for boarding in general? I don't know if I should behave more like a pedestrian or like a biker.
>>
>>1078688
Loadeds are the multitool of long boards. Just don't do Brazilian style downhill with them.
>>
File: loaded.jpg (181KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
loaded.jpg
181KB, 720x541px
I ride this its pretty comfy
>>
>>1078763
This is exactly why longboards aren't transportation, they just don't fit on any possible road. They're recreational gadgets and nothing else.
>>
>>1078763
>I don't know if I should behave more like a pedestrian or like a biker.
you should behave either like a jogger or a slow recreational cyclist
in terms of your speed, braking ability and maneuverability you're about the same as them
don't behave like a road cyclist because you're not even close to them
but at the same time, you don't have as much control as a pedestrian
as transportation, longboards are best on MUPs or side streets with almost no traffic
but really, just get a fucking bike
>>
How sketchy are rollerblade wheels on a longboard? My current wheels are shot and I'm on a kinda tight budget right now.
>>
>>1080482
how soft are they? i dont know if they can take the abuse of slideing
>>
>>1079181
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
>>
>>1080482
Literally won't work. They aren't even attached the same way.
>>
>>1081000
Wrong. I've done it before. Your main problems are wheelbite, and rolling resistance as they are softer and thinner tha longboard wheels.
>>
hey /n/, just started longboarding the other day. love it. any tips for controlling speed wobble? every resource seems to have a different answer
>>
>>1082576
>Move your weight further to the front
>use the pads of your feet and not your heels
>stiffen up your legs
>carve
>lower you center of gravity
But mainly just practice it takes time to build the right muscles and muscle memory.
>>
>>1082576
Wider and larger diameter wheels help as well.
>>
>>1082587
>>1082596

great tips. thanks.
>>
Blankdecks.com
>>
Sup guys I wanna do the same thing as OP,meaning transportation exclusively and no tricks.
I dont get what's better a long board or a penny board? What would be better for traveling like 6 miles daily?
>>
>>1083915
A longboard, particularly a bamboo one, is going to be a million times more comfortable to ride. The only advantage the penny board has there is lower weight, making it easier to carry.
>>
>>1083916
Thank you.
What do you think about this one?
I like this one because it has a hole in the board so I could put a cable lock through it and chain it to a fence without having to walk around in school with a piece of wood in my hand.
https://www.amazon.com/Volador-Freeride-Longboard-Through-Meditation/dp/B01MY04A5G
>>
>tfw buying a longboard because of a Korean girl
>>
>>1083920
That'd be fine for you.

I still wouldn't leave it locked up to a fence or post or whatever. That's a bad idea.
>>
i posted this a while ago in /asp/ but that's apparently just mostly for wrestling so i'll try here:

i'm just getting back on my board again after a few years hiatus because someone stole my motorcycle. it's a big old fiberglass deck that i got when i was 16 in 2001.
i love the way it rides but it's banged up around the edges and itches like crazy if it touches my skin
can i sand it? and/ or seal the edges up somehow?
everything i've read online about sanding fiberglass sounds pretty intense but i think it's mostly about building decks from scratch, not just smoothing out edges
or should i just get a new deck?
>>
>>1087415
just get a new one
>>
File: good1978.jpg (130KB, 700x966px) Image search: [Google]
good1978.jpg
130KB, 700x966px
>>1083915
Penny boards are absolute fucking shit, I hate those things. I literally rode the same board in 1978 and it was shit then. Pic related was good in 1978, so why would you ride the shit board of 1978 in 2017?
Greatest marketing scam of the last ten years.
>>
>>1080999
Trips don't lie, but care to elaborate?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.