[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will we ever see nuclear-powered cars on the roads??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: download (2).jpg (2KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
2KB, 135x90px
?
>>
>>1076876
No.
>>
>>1076881
He speaketh the truth.
>>
>will anything nuclear be commercially anything
No.
>>
>>1076876
LOL, no.
>vehicles owned and operated by average citizens capable of being used as DIRTY BOMBS
You're clearly not thinking this through.
>>
Yes, but the engineer was vice enough to make one big reactor, and deliver power via cables.
>>
>>1076892
Why not channel Nikolai Tesla and deliver the power via microwaves? Like in Sim City 2000!
>>
>>1076876
Most drivers are too retarded to really be trusted with petroleum, let alone fissionable material.
>>
>>1076888
That might be to overly broad. I think that if proliferation resistant small reactors can be created, then you'll see them on container ships and the like.
>>
File: 1470231242608.jpg (15KB, 368x496px) Image search: [Google]
1470231242608.jpg
15KB, 368x496px
>>1076881
fpbp
>>
>>1076876
Only when fusion reactors are feasible. Even then they probably would not like people to have miniture reactors
>>
File: Vault Boy.png (393KB, 1116x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Vault Boy.png
393KB, 1116x1143px
>>1076876
If Fallout ever was a reality they will.
>>
>>1077095
Give me a Pip-Boy first!
>>
>>1077095
Sure, why not?
>>
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG???
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 293x172px
it seems we'll have to stick to priusi (what???) and reckassus (?????)
you decide what is the plural form of prius
>>
>>1077132
>you decide what is the plural form of prius

Priuses. It's not Latin.
>>
>>1077140
ok :)
>>
>>1076876
>get rear-ended in traffic jam
>10mile radius uninhabitable for millenia

If this isn't enough, take a nice long look at how badly maintained some cars are. Take a look at how careless people drive with them.
It'd be only a matter of time until someone damages the reactor. These things are only reasonably safe under highly controled conditions, with high safety margins and operated by a team of professionals. None of which a car offers.
>>
>>1077486
Do you even know how nuclear power works?

It's steam

Rather than burning coal you put uranium into water to boil off steam and drive a turbine.

When the uranium runs out of shit that makes water hot you put it into artillery shells.
>>
>>1077495
no need for a nuclear explosion, the steam will spread the fuel just fine
>>
>one accident on the highway
>chain reaction leaves nobody but the amish
i would unironically support this
>>
>>1077535
>wat is passive safety reactor
Retard.

That said, you can use whatever electric car and charge with nuclear power direct from your socket. Way more convenient. And cheaper.
>>
Are you talking about fusion or fission
>>
>>1077486

This isn't even slightly true.
The fucking Russians have been jerking off with nuclear reactor powered boats for decades and nobody cares. They sink them, drive them through ice to the south pole, and nobody cares.

The fucking IRANIANS can and do run nuclear reactors and they can't even build a jet aircraft - a task commonly accomplished by hobbyists in the Western world.
>>
>>1077605
The Russians will happily abandon RTGs filled with pretty radioactive material in unmanned lighthouses everywhere along their coastline, abandon nuclear submarines in their dry docks without even bothering to take care of the reactor contents, and keep using the outdated and unsafe RBMK reactor design for years despite blowing one of those up in Chernobyl.
I wouldn't use them as an example of how to handle nuclear energy and the risks it poses.
>>
Fallout 3 corvega:

Radiation Radius: 600
Radiation Time: 1 hour
Nuke3D Damage: 6000
Nuke3D Radius: 3000
Explosion Impulse: 6000

Fallout 3 had nuclear cars! I made them nuclear bombs.

Holy FUCK it is a dangerous place.

Buses are larger bombs!!!
>>
>>1076888
Nuclear battery is already commercially and readily available on internet
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.