[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chicago union station renovation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: union-station-headhouse.jpg (232KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
union-station-headhouse.jpg
232KB, 640x360px
thoughts on the plan to renovate the third-busiest rail terminal in the United States
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (399KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
399KB, 640x480px
will metra be able to run totally through?
>>
>>1076205
If it doesn't add track/train capacity it probably isn't worth it. We don't need another pointless rebuild like what they want to do with Penn Station.

It's nice though, I guess. Wasn't union station designed to support skyscrapers?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>1076205
>renovate
I vote ground up design with pass through capability and simplified/connected/merged rails
>>
>>1076205
Literally plastered bunny ears on top of some old building.
>>
>>1076215
>We don't need another pointless rebuild like what they want to do with Penn Station.

It won't be pointless IF they widen corridors, improve circulation, have a food court with CHAIRS, and liberate the LIRR passengers from the literal urine catacombs of where they are now. Unfortunately IIRC the preliminary plan will just run a walkway from the renovated post office under 8th Ave to the existing station area via the west end concourse which was itself recently redone by Skanska in preparation for this.
>>
Make it high-speed-ready...genuine high-speed (Not the current Acela service).

Also, directly connect Penn and Central.
>>
Best outcome it ends up something like Denver Union station

Worst, they tear down the head house move everything underground and we get penn station 2.0
>>
They need to build a lounge for the horde of aggressive panhandlers and scam artists.
>>
>>1076205
looks ugly, but that's not a surprise I suppose
>>
>>1076205
>Strip of green on top that will literally grow nothing worthwhile
For what purpose? The grass and half-way office building ruin this design,.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.