[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK Branch Line Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Branchline.jpg (126KB, 750x460px) Image search: [Google]
Branchline.jpg
126KB, 750x460px
Hey fellow Britbongs let's start a thread about our branchlines past and present, no?
>>
File: Untitled.png (703KB, 797x487px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
703KB, 797x487px
ok sure why not
>>
>>1075705
What line is this?
>>
>>1075707
Norwich City to Melton Constable line. Hasn't been used since the 60's for passengers, closed in the 80's for freight, there's a footpath on half of it now. I dream one day of it being opened again & new build D16's like in that pic running on it...
>>
>>1075711
Then I assume the other half is unused land ripe for a preserved railway? The photo I have is of the Fairford Branch at Lechlade station.
>>
>>1075725
Nah it's fields mostly with a couple of ex stations (now houses) dotted about. Used to be a massive rail network throughout the whole of Norfolk that's pretty much all gone, apart from the North Norfolk railway.
>>
>>1075726
That's a shame about the network in Norfolk, at least the North Norfolk Railway is still there.
>>
>>1075728
True. There were plans to save about 3 lines in the 60's and many more locos, the people involved just couldn't raise the funds...

What's funny about the pic I posted is that that line went through what is now one of the most congested parts of the city, it would solve so many problems if it was re opened. Closing all these branch lines was so short sighted...
>>
>>1075730
Isn't Norfolk Orbital Railway opening up at somepoint? I looked up the line and I found that Melton Constable was going to be rebuilt for the aforementioned line.
>>
>>1075733
Yeah I think that plan has been shelved now, there's still so much of the line that needs to be rebuilt & there was a lot of opposition to reopening the line because of a wildlife park or something. Also there's a few new roads the'll have to cross, doubt it will happen. Shame really...
>>
>>1075739
I see..
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.