[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transit Sim General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: simlator_general.jpg (261KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
simlator_general.jpg
261KB, 460x215px
I know this sorta belongs on /v/, but I feel like it'd get much better reception here

What transport games do you play, like, or are looking forwards to?

I've had Train Sim World since release day, and it's come a long way. They've said they're releasing a British route soon and I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 1024x578px
>>1074718
I play MSTS. Only because no other TS (apart from Trainz) allows me to drive suburban Melbourne trains
>>
>>1074725
damn, that looks really good
>>
>>1074725
Also I think the TSW devs said they're gonna finally add Australia stuff and support for 3rd-party modding.
>>
TS2017 by Dovetail games is a scam. It's released every year BUT THE GAME IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS IN 2010.

It's the same glitchy, slow, buggy unrealistic experience as ever with each new release.
>>
>>1074834
This, the trains look lovely but it's so horribly overpriced I won't dare purchase any DLC.
>>
>>1074834
Don't you get the "new" version free every year if you buy it?
>>
File: C_WPt2uXcAA8BxR[1].jpg (126KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_WPt2uXcAA8BxR[1].jpg
126KB, 1200x675px
AirportCEO looks like it's gonna be pretty baller if it ever gets finished

>>1074725
I play MSTS because no other train sim lets me drive MBTA green line streetcars
>>
>>1074718
All train simulators are shit. This is an eternal fact of the universe.
>>
File: IMG_4805.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4805.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I play ship simulator somewhat frequently, it would be great to get a big autismo /n/ server up but I highly doubt there would be enough interest for it.
>>
>>1075475
I hope they do finish it. It looks orders of magnitude better than any airport building game I've ever seen.
>>
>>1075694
I cant even get ship sim to run on my pc anymore.
>>
>>1075704
I've tried SimAirport, it's okay, but it's too much of a prison architect clone for me to like. I'm really looking forwards to AirportCEO, if it ever gets released.
>>
>>1075694
This board isn't fast enough unfortunately
Can it run from a Linux command line though? I have a server I use for hosting random things that's up 24/7
>>
Cities in Motion 2 and Transport Fever are fun, if flawed.

If anyone wants to play some MP CiM I am 120% down
>>
>>1075914
Building underground in CiM2 is the single most frustrating thing I've ever tried to do in a video game.
>>
>>1075881
I run extremes, which is the most recent one on my PC fine
>>1075909
I have no idea, honestly.
I really wish the game was more popular, would be cool to have a server simulating port operations.
>>
File: fgfs.png (542KB, 1024x557px) Image search: [Google]
fgfs.png
542KB, 1024x557px
I personally enjoy flightgear. Free, mediocre quality, and available on GNU/Linux.
>>
>>1075233
Yes
>>
File: screenshot_600_450_70II6YY.jpg (174KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_600_450_70II6YY.jpg
174KB, 600x450px
I used to play Traffic Giant a lot when I had no real understanding of transit. I Just used to make nice tram and train lines and go bankrupt.
>>
>>1075500
How about simulation of creating train network? Something like OpenTTD or simutrans, but the population density of both games are too low with both of their design also not scaling up really good to metros with size of million population. What would be some other alternatives?
>>
>>1077923
Try Simutrans Extended for the best experience. Tweak population/city values before starting a new game.
>>
File: 20170424180141_1.jpg (320KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170424180141_1.jpg
320KB, 1680x1050px
ETS 2 & ATS muster race, new Mexico and Double trailer's soon
>>
>>1079263
Ah sorry for not being clear enough, what I mean is that to create a commuter transportation network in a larger denser area instead of a region with sparsely distributed town. Simutrans and the extended version can achieve something sinilar by treating each town as a community of a large urban, and tweaking initial setting can populate the entire area continuously and with high density, but it's not quite close to what I would like to see, for example it would not have like residential zone or CBD that people move into/out of by large quantity in fixed time of a day. Perhaps more like cities in motion but cities in motion does not have as much room of freedom as TTD/Simutrans, or perhaps like the transportation aspect of sim city but simcity is not transportation oriented
>>
>>1075694

>tfw you're at work and all you want to do is get home and play a game based on your work
>>
>>1079268
Have you tried in VR? Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one, if not the best, VR ports I have played. Good fun. Totally immersive.
>>
File: b737.png (3MB, 1915x1011px) Image search: [Google]
b737.png
3MB, 1915x1011px
>tfw the most flight sim available is based on code that is over twelve years old
>>
>>1079559
xplane?
>>
>>1074718
Where did you find out about the British TSW stuff m8?
>>
>>1079559
civilian sims attract NEETs and shut-in autismos, there is no money in that

all the development funding is going into combat sims
>>
>>1079559
Dovetails FSW is built on FSX code
>>
Question for any RL railroad engineers which may be lurking....

How do you guys know where the speed restrictions are on the routes you drive? On some TS routes, signs will warn of speed limit reductions. On others (Anything NE Corridor/ NJ Transit) speed limits are not posted. It makes driving with the HUD mandatory.

You guys don't have a HUD, how do you know what speed limit is where?

I can understand the concept of knowing your route, but what if you're assigned to temporary duty on another one? What if you work multiple routes, are you supposed to memorize all of them?

How do I realistically drive these routes without the HUD?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
File: Open Rails 2017-06-07 02-19-17.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Open Rails 2017-06-07 02-19-17.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Formerly MSTS, now that it doesn't run on my new comp I play Open Rails (kinda the same, you can run MSTS trains on MSTS tracks, but it works on newer comps too).
>>
>>1080136
That's a load of shit people who are into flight sims have loads of money.
>>
is there a good game for specifically metro design? like the metro function of cities skylines but a full game
>>
>>1077904

I loved that game, played the demo as a kid but could never find a working torrent. Such a nice little atmosphere.

God, that was like 1998..
>>
>>1081186
I remember OpenRails looking a lot shittier...
>>
>>1080812
so is P3D (pictured)
>>
>>1080848
Not particular familiar with trains but aren't some of those systems equipped with auto speed limiter?
>>
>>1081526
Cities in Motion and CiM2
>>
>>1082590
Don't buy CIM2 if you build underground metros unless you hate yourself
>>
>>1075189
>the trains look lovely

They're actually shit and very little effort goes into the majority of them.

Dovetail make nice looking routes but everything else they do is shit and nobody should give them any money.
>>
>>1082768
Is there a better alternative?
>>
>>1082817
TSW isn't too shitty so far, it stumbled on release but it's picking itself up now. Buy it during the fall sale
>>
>>1084482
So another overpriced Dovetail Games shitfest with no quality control? I think I'll wait until someone else makes a train sim. I don't need to own two of those.
>>
File: 135406157670.png (334KB, 529x351px) Image search: [Google]
135406157670.png
334KB, 529x351px
>>1074718

I'm pretty sure that in in older version of Trainz, there was a prop of a naked guy in the suveyor/route editor mode that you could add to your custom map. There are thousands of buildings, trees, cars, NPC's etc you could chose from so they just snuck a naked person in there for keks.
>>
How the hell have Densha de GO and Railfan not been mentioned, yet?

The Railfan games are JP-only releases, but the PS3 is region-free and you really don't need a deep knowledge of Japanese to play them.
Densha de GO's most recent relevant games are from the early 00s (also available for PC). There is a new arcade machine coming, but that again is Japan-only.
>>
>>1080136
This. Though I don't see why a company like Eagle Dynamics wouldnt allow some civil conversions in their platform. I play DCS UH-1H as a civilian version from time to time. A DC-3/C-47 module would likely have good sales even though it has no combat capability.
>>
>>1085011
as an owner of multiple trainz versions i can back this up fully
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.