[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
I am angry. Angry about trains. And I want answers.

I live in a town in rural Oregon, and I am currently typing this at 3:01 AM. Go ahead, ask me why I'm up at 3:01 AM.

>Why are you up at 3:01 AM, OP?

Well /n/, I'll tell you why. Every night, and I mean every goddamn night, your train conducting faggot friends roll through my town at precisely 2:45, and they LAY ON THE FUCKING HORN. For the life of me, I can't tell why they do this. I'm assuming it has to do with not wanting to turn the occasional drunk indian asleep on the tracks into a fine red mist, but let's face it, Geronimo picked the BNSF to be his bed for that evening, he drank too much fire water to be awoken by any decibel level anyway, and the Great Spirit picked him to repaint the front car. Run over a whole tribe of ugly natives, just don't wake me up.

You know, in a way it's nice because I know that whether you're black or white, rich or poor, male or trainsexual genderfluid pterodactyl, you're going to get woken up by the Gay Nigger Express if you live here. It brings the community together and we can all wake up and watch Dr. Phil reruns and talk about them at the water cooler at lunch when we're all tired as shit the next day. Mind you, I live nowhere near the fucking train tracks so I can only imagine how much life sucks for the people that do. If I went nuts and started murdering train engineers, I would claim temporary insanity due to sleep deprivation and get off scot-free.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>1074082
2/2

I'm not saying make stealth trains, but blasting the horn every .3 seconds through a town at night is an asshole move. If I did that with my car, people would call me a sociopath. We have the little thingies that flash lights and block the road at crossings, if you don''t hear or see that shit, you're Helen Fucking Keller. I imagine all conductors are autistic toddlers and I seriously hope they all die in horrible accidents.

BTW, how do so many people get hit by trains each year? I looked up the stats and it's baffling. Step sideways, you idiots. Don't park on the tracks if you need to have a car fap. It's that simple.

tl;dr, OP gets assblasted and rants about loud trains at night.
>>
I wish a train ran through my town
>>
>For the life of me, I can't tell why they do this.
Because 49 CFR Part 222 Subpart B § 222.21
>(a) Except as provided in this part, the locomotive horn on the lead locomotive of a train, lite locomotive consist, individual locomotive or lead cab car shall be sounded when such locomotive or lead cab car is approaching a public highway-rail grade crossing. Sounding of the locomotive horn with two long blasts, one short blast and one long blast shall be initiated at a location so as to be in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section and shall be repeated or prolonged until the locomotive occupies the crossing. This pattern may be varied as necessary where crossings are spaced closely together.
If this bothers you consider speaking with the Federal Railroad Administration and your local authorities about setting up a locomotive whistle quiet zone.
https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0889
>>
>>1074082
Regulations. If the train engineers don't lay on the horn, they set themselves up for a bureaucratic assfucking. Unfortunately, the rules don't care about the fact that it's 3:00 in the morning.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>1074095
Why do I get a mental image of the man with a bell walking in front of an automobile carriage? Are you really this cucked about trains in America?
>>
>>1074099
653 trespassers(this includes people who drove around crossing gates or ignored warning devices) were killed last year on American railroads.

I'd say that's far too many people getting killed needlessly.
>>
>>1074101
In a country of over 300 million, under a thousand is literally nothing.
Let OP have his sleep is what i say.
>>
>>1074102
That's 653 people with blowing horns and all that. I'm sure you'd have way more deaths if you didn't.
>>
>>1074104
And how many of those are just going to be bums or indians anyway?
>>
>>1074106
And how many would be doctors?
>>
>>1074107
I am guessing pretty fucking close to zero unless they were suicidal .
>>
In the UK trains are not permitted to sound the horn at night unless in emergency.
Also, trains don't have to sound the horn at level crossings at all. We have barriers for a reason, and if not, you can use your eyes.
>>
I remember people sharing all the time in facebook a video similar to op's picture
never saw it tho

also get some earplugs
>>
>>1074118
Ungated and some UWC still require a short horn.
>>
>>1074082
Bravo OP, that was a fine post. Made me reply.

I think what you could do is petition your local government to try to force BNSF to grade separate all the crossings that go through your town. At-grade crossings are why the trains honk so much.
>>
>>1074082
What's the story on this picture?
>>
Get your town to apply to create a Quiet Zone.

They're all the rage for this engineering consulting company I work for.
>>
>>1074082

Northern Eugenefag here. We have a train come through every hour that will wake you up.

>stop being a pussy
>get used to it
>its ignorable once you grow up and stop being a child
>>
I don't understand. Did you walk in on John Redcorn fucking your wife or something?
>>
File: stfu.jpg (43KB, 375x416px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
43KB, 375x416px
>>1074227
Newsflash: Your ears and the brain parts behind it are awake 24/7. This will only fuck up your perception filters and autonomic nervous system. Increased rates of heart attacks near airports have been proven. Dampen it or escape. There is no ignoring it. Enjoy your early death.
>>
>>1074379

Good point, instead we should live without

>fresh food
>medical supplies
>building supplies
>everything mankind needs to survive

Our livespan sure would go up if we threw out all rail and air transport and lived in mud huts! Thanks for showing me the error of my ways!

>sound
>increased emissions
Must be the sound!
>>
>>1074385
Living next to noisy areas has been proven to elevate stress levels and aggression, particularly in children.
>>
>>1074385
How 'bout just finding a new healthier place not exactly near that railroad or next to a runway and take other tra/n/sportation to the station if you need it? Have you ever been woken up by a biek? (inb4 yeah mine because i never lube it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_%28medicine%29
>>
>>1074442
>How 'bout just finding a new healthier place not exactly near that railroad

Prices of property near railroads goes down. Poor people move in. Then it's "Muh racism. Muh classism. Train horns adversly affect po' peoples. Gots to stop dem."
>>
File: 1339306778475.gif (217KB, 292x314px) Image search: [Google]
1339306778475.gif
217KB, 292x314px
>>1074082
>>1074083
>buying a house within earshot of a rail line or major airport
You brought it upon yourself. You have no one to blame but yourself. That rail line was there long before you were born. If you don't like it, move.

If they were building a new one where there was nothing before, THEN you could complain to the city, and get the construction stopped. As it stands, shut up and deal with it, faggot.
>>
Are those elephants dead? ;_;
>>
>>1075057
Shhh, they're sleeping.
>>
>>1074082
Get double glazing
>>
>>1075038
fuck off, just because something is shit doesn't mean it should stay shit. Also, I don't want to re-read the whole thing or even skim but I;m sure op never mentioned buying the house. Rent or buying either way doesn't mean he should shut up and take it you pussy-whipped faggot. Ooooh I want to kill you
>>
>>1075623
Reminds me of all the city folk who move out to the country next to a dairy farm that has been there for over a century, and then complain bitterly about the noise of the animals and the smell.
>>
>>1074083
My grandpa told me this joke when I asked why his parents had so many kids;

They lived next to railroad tracks and a train came by every morning at 5am blasting its horn.
Too early to get up, to late to go back to bed.
>>
>>1075813
There's the scene from My Cousin Vinny where Joe Pesci is awoken early in the morning by a train. He asks the owner of the bed and breakfast if there's normally a train coming by at 5 in the morning and the owner says no. He's awoken again the next morning ane he says "I thought you said there's not a train that comes by at 5 in the morning." The owner says, "There isn't. It normally comes at 4:30."
>>
>>1074082
I always wondered what posts in /n/ were like
>>
>>1075623

People like you are a big reason why a lot of things *become* shit.
>>
File: 15908825.jpg (9KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
15908825.jpg
9KB, 313x313px
>hmmm, these looks like a good place to live
>train tracks? whatever

>TRAAAIIIINNNNSSSSSS

deal with it. i moved somewhere because it was cheap because it intersected the police department, the fire department and the hospital. the only time youd be worried was if more then an hour passed and a siren DIDNT blare past because then youd REALLY know the entire town was already dead. took me 2 weeks to get used to it.
>>
>>1075623
Why do you think the house was so cheap to rent/buy? Because it was next to a railway/airport/race track. Poorfags keep buying cheap houses next to noisy places and then start complaining their bargain house is located in a noisy location completely ignoring the fact that the only reason their poor ass could afford the house in the first place is because it's in a noisy location.
>>
The foamers are always camped out taking pics of the trains coming through my town. This sounds edgy and I don't care but I dream that the train derails and kills the foamers and the piece of shit driving the fucking train.
>>
>>1074095
In DeKalb, IL there is a designated quiet zone. I want everyone visiting this thread to guess how many of these faggots actually follow it.

˙ɯǝɥʇ ɟo ǝuou ʎllɐɹǝʇil :ɹǝʍsu∀
>>
>>1074108
>suicidal doctors
Or OP, poor guy :(
Maybe he should try getting some sleep...?
>>
>>1077217
>I want everyone visiting this thread to guess how many of these faggots actually follow it.
It's actually a pretty serious thing to blow your horn in a quiet zone. You need to report every time you do it, the exact location, and why it was done.

If there actually is a quiet zone and they actually are blowing for the crossings within it regularly, you should contact either the FRA or your municipal government.
>>
>>1075038
Some years ago I was living only 10km away from the current VHHH, and I didn't feel any problen about it at all...
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.