[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WATERPROOF THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Poncho.jpg (277KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Poncho.jpg
277KB, 1777x1000px
Are ponchos worn by men too? I think they look effay as fuck, but mostly find pictures of qts wearing them. They look simplier and more useful by not being too hot and keeping your whole body dry.
>>
Of course
>>
ponchos are specifically designed for women. No man has ever worn one.

FFS are you retarded OP
>>
>>1073579
On a bike a poncho will get blown around, slowing you down and preventing it from keeping you dry*.

*unless you travel in an area with no (head/cross)wind whatsoever at an incredibly slow velocity
>>
>>1073579
just invest in real rubber yellow rain gear. there is no comparison.
>>
>>1073720
>>1073709
>>1073691
>>1073584

Thanks guys. Any specific model or brands you recommend?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
Ponchos are really shitty, they flap around, act as a big wind resistance, you still usually get your legs wet, people will mistake you for a woman and so on.

Water proof clothing (of the non-bright yellow colouring) is where it's at.
>>
>>1075074
This.
>>
>>
>>1073579
It's okay to be gay in this day and age, OP. I'm not going to judge you for wearing a poncho.
>>
>>1075157
That looks like something that would make people sweat a lot.
>>
>>1075536
it does
bought this from china, does not breathe at all so even if you don't get wet from the rain, you'll get wet from your own condensation
>>
>>1075157
Whoa, an actual whole body condom. Does not look very comfortable..
>>
>>1073579
If budget is not a concern, buy a whole kit from Shower Pass and go full waterproof.
https :// www .showerspass .com

Or, if you're on a budget, just buy one of their pants and use any waterproof hiking jacket and waterproof hiking shoes.
I live in Cascadia and it pours for more than 160 days per year here. The waterproof, breathable pants + waterproof hiking jacket + waterproof hiking shoes will get you dry under anything other than a storm.
>>
full rick
>>
Related question, I want to put full fenders on my beater since I ride it under the rain sometimes, but I can't fit them since there isn't enough clearance (barely a couple of mm between the rear wheel and the frame, both on the seatstays and chainstays). What would be the second best option?
>>
>>1075837
get a better city bike that fits full fenders
>>
File: La Rosbras-L'authentique2.jpg (103KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
La Rosbras-L'authentique2.jpg
103KB, 666x1000px
>>1075074
>of the non-bright yellow colouring
the hell is this baka saying?
>>
>>1075561
>>1075536
And this is why the best rain gear is a non-waterproof windbreaker and wool underneath. You're gonna be wet anyhow so might as well just focus on managing body temperature.
>>
>>1073720
wew lad not a chance you just get wet from the inside instead
>>
>>1075932
or just a gore-tex jacket
the only part I agree with you is the feet
>>
>>1075946
Gore-tex doesn't breathe enough. Still gonna be wet.
>>
File: ponchoheadress.jpg (132KB, 580x711px) Image search: [Google]
ponchoheadress.jpg
132KB, 580x711px
que?
>>
File: Ultimate-bike-umbrella.jpg (53KB, 551x612px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate-bike-umbrella.jpg
53KB, 551x612px
>>
So what do we do if we want to stay dry without sweating?
Such as riding to work where we wear a suit?
>>
>>1078082
change at work
>>
>>1078082
Poncho is ample enough to give you lot of air circulation. It's awful looking but assuming you don't mind looking bad in the rain as long as your suit stays crisp it's the best option.
>>
>>1078106
Pretty much this, my suit goes in a pannier, the other one holds the laptop
You can't ride in a suit unless you have a ridiculously short ride
>>
>>1075960
there's a huge difference between slightly damp/sweaty and wet
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.