[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do you mount pump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1961.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1961.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
got a small pump for my birthday, looking to mount on my bike. i have empty cage bosses on the bottom tube and the pump fits there, but is this a good place for them?

considering also putting it on the side by the seatpost bottle cage but it almost rubs my leg when pedaling. dont want it on the top tube, as i put other stuff there as needed

where/would you put yours?
>>
>>1073330
Mounting the pump under the downtube isn't a good place on a bike unless you have fenders, because then the pump will get sprayed with road crud, I always put mine on the dt (beside a bottle cage) or the seattube.
>almost rubs
It's either in your path, or it isn't.
>>
File: bIMG_1312.jpg (448KB, 1225x1081px) Image search: [Google]
bIMG_1312.jpg
448KB, 1225x1081px
I've got my much larger Turbo Morph G on the seat tube angled back. My leg only contacts it if I am standing coasting with my right leg down.
>>
used to do the normie thing and have it inside the frame triangle on one of the bottle mounts

got stolen

now its stealth mounted on the underside of my rear rack, electrical taped over all the shiny bits too
>>
>>1073334
>>1073337
thats what i figured, all the grime getting kicked up on it. i will get some tape and try mounting on the seat tube. im sure there is a spot it fits. probably should play with it more

>>1073338
luckily at my work we have bike boxes. dont have to take anything off, just toss it in the box and your good. most plces in town have them
>>
>>1073330
saddle bag
>>
My shitty awful frame pump that I hate has a mount that goes flat between the frame and a bottle cage and then the pump goes to the side a bit.

It's handy but the pump itself sucks.
>>
File: frame pump2.jpg (288KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
frame pump2.jpg
288KB, 683x1024px
If you're not using your QR as a pump peg for your frame pump you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>1073353
>Using QR
>>
File: 0401161209b.jpg (239KB, 1778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0401161209b.jpg
239KB, 1778x1000px
>>1073337
The only logical place is on the top tube.
>>
>>1073414
I used to have it there but it got in the way of my water bottles. On my aluminum road bike there is more room so I had the LBS install some threaded inserts under the top tube because the odd shape didn't play nice with plastic ties.
>>
>>1073330
>What is a jersey for if not to fit the world inside.
>>
>>1073330
the truth is that you won't be using your mini pump a lot, and you should have fenders anyway, so I would leave that there.
>>
>>1073330
It's a tiny pump that fit in my (tiny) saddle bag with the spare tube and others things.

pic related
>>
>>1073330
I used to have a frame mounted pump but I took it off and started carrying 3 16G CO2 canisters. If I have to go through 3 canisters in a single ride than it wasn't meant to be and it's time to call someone.
>>
>>1073414
New to biking, what kind of bike type would that setup fall under?
>>
>>1073330
i just shove it up my ass it's pretty comfy
>>
>>1077320
Touring road bike
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.