[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expand the Red Line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (735KB, 2318x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
735KB, 2318x3000px
LA Metro should expand the Red Line to Warner Center as an elevated subway like they have in the Bay Area,Chicago and New York. I think this could greatly expand ridership and increase the efficiency of the system as a whole.
>>
File: bart-train.jpg (112KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
bart-train.jpg
112KB, 507x338px
bump
>>
>>1072331
There has been some talk of converting the Orange line to rail, but not sure when/if that would happen. I'm personally looking forward to the purple line extension, and hoping they expand the red line south through Vermont to connect the purple and expo lines. I think there would be a lot of people who would benefit from any of the lines expanding though.
>>
File: la metro black line.png (391KB, 758x832px) Image search: [Google]
la metro black line.png
391KB, 758x832px
>>1072331
Nope. Orange line will be converted to light rail eventually.

>>1073759
Getting rail from the Orange line (hopefully converted to light rail by then) at Oxford/Van Nuys over the Sepulveda Pass and down to LAX should be the highest priority (black line in pic).
>>
File: 1473469520279s.png (10KB, 67x76px) Image search: [Google]
1473469520279s.png
10KB, 67x76px
>Orange line is still a stupid bus route/bum farm
>they still haven't used the old empty red car ROW from south central through oc
>>
>>1073788
Getting rail from LAX out to the valley would definitely be the most ideal project, and I'm all for it. I'm just coming from personal experience living near Vermont, and seeing how packed Vermont can get some times. Since the area has a good amount of lower income residents, I'm sure it would benefit them to have a rail option to travel between purple/red, and expo lines.
>>
>>1073884
That would be the light yellow line paralleling 110.
>>
File: tube_train_undergroundP1039586.jpg (875KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
tube_train_undergroundP1039586.jpg
875KB, 2200x1650px
>>1073788
>Nope. Orange line will be converted to light rail eventually.
That maybe true but elevated subway would have a higher capacity and have shorter trip times. Also extending the Redland above ground through the valley eliminates the need for riders to transfer from line to line.
>>
>>1074043
Then why not talk about converting everything to true heavy rail metro?
>>
>>1074051
Metro has already made the investment into light rail on other lines. Instead of investing in more light rail for the valley. I am suggesting that they expand the red line northwest above ground. That way you have an expansion of the existing infrastructure for less money than an actual subway.
>>
>>1074687
You answered a question that wasn't actually asked.
>>
File: 1483551686001.gif (2MB, 317x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483551686001.gif
2MB, 317x360px
>>1074051
>>1074728
It isn't really logical to convert all of metro to heavy rail. They've already made heavy investment into light rail with the exposition line just being finished and are currently constructing the crenshaw line. So converting all of metro to heavy rail would negate billions in investments.

My case for expanding the subway through the valley above ground is your capitalize on existing infrastructure by converting the busway to an elevated subway. Instead of building another light rail line that requires expansions to other lines that don't exist. You have a direct connection to an existing line that runs to the hub of the entire system.
>>
>>1075071
Fair enough.
>>
>>1072331
The Red Line should be expanded down Whittier on the Eastside towards Brea, but I don't see it happening for "that" reason.
>>
The red line should be expanded to somewhere outside of LA so people can escape that shithole
>>
>still no rail stop at LAX
What the fuck have they been doing?
>>
>>1075488
Settle down. It's under construction.
>>
>>1073788
I have disagreement with the routes as outlined in your map.

Firstly the Black line should run from the Pink Line (Crenshaw Line) directly to the first station south of Ladera Heights. It should probably travel through the Sepulveda Pass not underneath the Eastern Santa Monica mountains, which would a billion dollar tunneling project.

The Green line shouldn't travel so far west firstly in the area of LAX. It should travel underneath the airport to Lincoln Boulevard North of the airport and North via Lincoln Boulevard and connect to the Exposition Line. I don't think that the line could be built that close to the beach because of the density of the area and the lack of a suitable right of way.

Also the western part of your Orange Line should be the Red Line Subway running above ground.

Also how did you make this map?
>>
>>1075906
Take it up with the LA Metro. The lines pretty closely follow their suggested routes based on Measure M.
>>
>>1075906
>>1075910
1) Yes, I made the map in Google Maps Engine
2) I, as previously stated, based it quite closely on the routes described in Measure M suggested projects and other planning documents. Very, very little of it is improvised on my part.
3) The full map includes the fully built out Mertrolink lines as well.
4) The green line near the beach is supposed to operate in a streetcar-style manner I believe (think more like SF Muni rail)
>>
>>1075912
>1) Yes, I made the map in Google Maps Engine
I'm having trouble using it but I'll get the hang of it.
Google Earth is probably easier for me to use.

>4) The green line near the beach is supposed to operate in a streetcar-style manner I believe (think more like SF Muni rail)

That's a really shitty idea. Pacific is entirely too small for a train to run down. Your green line should run North on Lincoln like a street-car.

>>1075910
>Take it up with the LA Metro. The lines pretty closely follow their suggested routes based on Measure M.
Shoot me some links so I can figure it out.
>>
File: your idea.jpg (76KB, 1175x543px) Image search: [Google]
your idea.jpg
76KB, 1175x543px
>>1075912
>>1077307
Yeah heres a picture of the street on your map.
It's essentially like this the entire length of the route you mapped. It would be impossible to build a street car that close to the beach.
>>
File: neversaynever.png (671KB, 2592x1350px) Image search: [Google]
neversaynever.png
671KB, 2592x1350px
>>1077309
>>
>>1072331
Unfortunately it's not gonna happen anytime soon as it wasn't on the priority list when Measure M passed. If I recall correctly, there was some mention of converting the Orange Line to rail, but again, the timeline for it was something like 2050.
>>
>>1077309
Street parking must end. Problem solved. Want to store one and a half tons of scrap metal? You pay for a garage. You don't leave it in the gutter, taking up public space.
>>
>>1075910
are you retarded?
>>
File: tmp_10115-map_50c-1762617160.png (394KB, 1200x864px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10115-map_50c-1762617160.png
394KB, 1200x864px
>>1075912
>>1075910
have the actual map
>>
>>1077514
>>1077515
The rail portion of the maps are not very different. If your goal was to highlight the differences, you haven't done that. It was plainly stated that they weren't identical but we're very very similar, and the Measure M map confirms that. Plus, there are planning documents that exist outside the context of Measure M.
>>
>>1077539
Did you even look at the part near LAX?

If you wanna be spoonfed I'll try to explain it to you in terms you can understand:
>The Green line shouldn't travel so far west firstly in the area of LAX. It should travel underneath the airport to Lincoln Boulevard...
Just like in the M map

> I don't think that the line could be built that close to the beach because of the density of the area and the lack of a suitable right of way.
Look where the line is in the M map

>Take it up with the LA Metro. The lines pretty closely follow their suggested routes based on Measure M.
except in the places where they don't?

>Very, very little of it is improvised on my part.
What about the entire part near LAX and Venice?

>The green line near the beach is supposed to operate in a streetcar-style manner I believe (think more like SF Muni rail)
you're wrong I believe. Look at the M map.

>Your green line should run North on Lincoln like a street-car.
I wonder what's on the Measure M map near Lincoln

Sure you can make your own fantasy map, but don't try to pass it off as reality
>>
>>1077556
What are you even talking about? They are like 95% the same.

Literally your ENTIRE complaint is about a fraction of one line.
>>
>>1077556
Settle down you fucking autist. Except for the coastal portion of the green line and the very last southern just west of the black line, that map looks pretty accurate based on planning.
>>
File: perspective.png (375KB, 758x832px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.png
375KB, 758x832px
>>1077556
>>1077614
Whole map vs the only section you take issue with. Context is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>1077614
1 - that section is fucking retarded

2 - this anon >>1077307 >>1075906 noticed the same thing, and the only thing you say is "Take it up with the LA Metro"

If you're going to make changes to the official plan and people specifically ask you about your fabrications, don't say "Very, very little of it is improvised on my part", go and talk about the changes you made, and why the hell you made them

Now if you have a good reason for doing this shit >>1077621 then I'm sure the other anons reading this thread would love to know.
>>
>>1077634
You just admitted that only a tiny part of the entire thing seems off. The difference is that you're the only one offended or upset by that. But instead you insisted on being a dick about it. Only part of it goes up Lincoln rather than the whole LAX to Santa Monica section. Big fucking whoop; we all know that. What are you trying to get out of this utterly asinine line of discussion?
>>
>>1077635
ok so answer the original question starting from >>1075906. Why did you do that?

You did some thing crazy with your map and you keep dodging the question.. If you have justification for that utterly crazy looking thing, then you will look smarter if you tell us.
>>
>>1077635
>>1077635
Here's what would be nice to get out of this:
>>>1075906
>>>1077307
>>>1077515
> hi anons, I know the metro plan calls for transit along Lincoln, but I don't think this is the best idea because of [reason A] and [reason B]. Instead, I propose an alternate routing closer to the beach which is better because of [reason C].

or alternatively if you don't have any reasons, then
> oh what a silly thing for me to put in my map. That really doesn't make sense now that I think about it.
>>
>>1077662
Why on earth do you think you're talking to one person? It's absurd.
>>
>>1077665
Why are you continuously relitigating what everyone else in the thread has already established and moved beyond? You're insufferable.
>>
>>1077634
> you
Just to make this perfectly clear, you're not quoting the person who made the map you filthy fucking cunt. Jesus nigger fucking christ, get that through your goddamn head.
>>
Thanks for making this thread a piece of garbage.
>>
>>1077668
>>1077669
>>1077670
>>1077671
(you) are one person
>>
fantasy map i made a while back
>>
File: IMG_60141-1170x780.jpg (267KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_60141-1170x780.jpg
267KB, 1170x780px
>>1077690
Why not extend it to Anaheim if you're gonna go that far out? They just built a gorgeous new transportation center, also, Disneyland
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.