[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: taylor-swift-karlie-kloss.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
taylor-swift-karlie-kloss.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
If you're riding some trails and come across a large patch of mud, would you say it's better to just ride through it, or ride around it?

Keep in mind that this is a singletrack and the trail can only get so wide.

I'm not quite sure which is the better option because on the one hand you're making the mud deeper, but on the other hand you're just going to make the mud wider over time until it's almost impassible.
>>
bunnyhop it
>>
>>1072160
My name is Fred and I'm not that good at biking.
>>
>>1072163
try to bunnyhop it
>>
>>1072233
Where the fuck am I supposed to find a rabbit?
>>
>>1072240
Become the rabbit.
>>
>>1072243
Eat like a rabbit
>>
>>1072252
I've eaten a rabbit.
>>
>>1072253
You are what you eat
>>
>>1072256
And yet I still can't clear a 2 m wide mud hole.
>>
probably turn around a go home then post about it on 4chan
>>
>>1072159
I hear riding through them is better for erosion. If I see dry line around the puddle (especially on up hill side) I take it.
>>
>>1072253
Killing is wrong.
>>
>>1072297
That's what I think. Eventually you'll hit rock or sand and the erosion will stop there, instead of becoming an impassible lake in the middle of the trail.
>>
drupt
>>
Bump

I really want to know.
>>
Are we talking about some bikepark type trail or just some hiking and dog shitting trail?
>>
>>1072257
Two meters? Bitch just sprint hard lean back pop and believe
>>
>>1073460
Mostly bike park
>>1073461
I'll get there some day.
>>
I'd say ride around it.
>>
>>1072159
over it or through it. trail erosion is real shit, man. no need to widen the fucker by trying to go around.
put the hammer down and send it over.

S E N D I T
>>
>>1072159
Go through it. Widen of the trail because people can't deal with the actual trail is cancer
>>
Ride through it or walk it

Depends how swampy the soil is and how fast things erode. Here people riding through mud leaves ruts that last the rest of the year. Going around widens the trail, so people are supposed to walk it instead.

Source: Being a trail worker cleaning up clueless riders' shit
>>
>>1074773
So of by foot walk around it but if by bike ride through it?
Are we better going through fast or slow to minimise damage?
>>
>>1074773
What is the problem with widening the trail? If there is a line I can easily ride, how would I know if it is "widening the trail" or a legit line on the edge? What the hell is a trail worker?

t. clueless rider
>>
>>1076770
the difference between a high/low line and literally riding off the trail should be obvious. if it's a line, it's a line. if you're fucking off two feet into the woods, you're a jerk.
trail workers are the people that cut, dig, build, pack, and maintain the trails and trail features. they're usually volunteers, which means YOU can be one too!
>>
File: 1.jpg (75KB, 750x556px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
75KB, 750x556px
Yes, goy, ride through the mud, cover yourself and your bike in it, so that when I come there's still room to the side.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.