[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elon Musk just saved /n/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: fe67c-elon2bmusk_elon.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
fe67c-elon2bmusk_elon.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
>Musk’s venture came out of a desire to solve traffic congestion in major cities. The company has a long-term goal of bringing down costs in tunnel construction, enabling cities to build intricate networks running 30 tunnels deep underground. These tunnels could support traditional roads, metro rail, or even vacuum-sealed hyperloops.

Subways. Hyperloops. Everywhere on Earth. On the Moon. Forever expanding across the stars.

TRAINS IN SPACE!!!
>>
>>1072140

link: https://www.inverse.com/article/31505-elon-musk-boring-company-new-tunnel-construction
>>
>>1072140
>wants to do all this
>can't even make a genuinely profitable electric car company
Get your priorities in order you fucking nerd.
>>
>>1072148

He's building a the brand. The Amazon model. Amazon undercuts everyone to monopolize the market. He's doing the same with Tesla. Get the cars out there, and the name. Refine product, then start aiming for profit maximization.

Same model for most of the start-up companies out there. Look how it worked out for Facebook. Amazon accounts for 43% of eCommerce sales in the USA. Bezos is one of the world's richest me. If they wanted to get more profitable in the short term, they could. But they aren't thinking like that. Build a conglomerate, get a stranglehold on the market, and survive.
>>
>>1072148
>>1072149
Tesla sells cars for more than they cost to make, market, and distribute.

The company makes no profit because of huge capital expenditure in expanding the company and r&d.
>>
Butt what about sewers and the mole people? Have fun having yourvtoilet flush your shit directly onto the sidewalk
>>
>hyperloops
Honestly why can't people understand that this is just a dumb marketing trick, it will never fucking work.
>>
File: 6p0pkk.jpg (70KB, 628x500px) Image search: [Google]
6p0pkk.jpg
70KB, 628x500px
>>
ITT: stupid Muricans who never paid attention in school and are posting stupid shit now. All hail and greet our /n/ew god: Elon Musk. He is also building a brain computer interface which will let us control computers en machines at the speed of light.
>>
File: 1450238140748.jpg (20KB, 302x217px) Image search: [Google]
1450238140748.jpg
20KB, 302x217px
>>1072140
>Let's build tunnels all over our cities! Where should they go? We'll figure that out later
If only he put such wreckless enthusiasm into making less shit zoning laws across the USA. But even that might be harder than his idiotic tunnel plan. At least this crazy billionaire is cyberpunk as hell.

>>1073494
I don't get where people have the impression that Musk get's worshipped. It seems like everyone hates him and only ironic shitposters or tech-lovers praise musk.
>>
sounds like a pipe dream
>>
>>1072140
sounds like a boring project
>>
>>1073494
>will let us control be hacked from anywhere on the planet
FTFY
>>
Who gives a fuck about this Reddit incarnation?
>>
>>1072283
Presumably, these tunnels would be bored below existing pipes. It's not like they go down very far; most are within 50ft of the surface, and the city should have records for the placement of every one for exactly this reason.
>>
>>1072140
Musk this. Musk that. I'm starting to hate this guy. Too much propaganda around him, somethings fishy.
>>
>wants to do this
>Has not done it yet
>He has saved us guys!

Kind of reminds me of a facebook video post that started something like

>This man wants to
>Create a world without money!

I ain't seen anything happen yet.
>>
File: 1493142696998.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493142696998.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>1072149

>Undercutting
>Maximising profit
>>
>>1073717
>and the city should have records for the placement of every one for exactly this reason.

I don't expect everyone to have any idea of or have worked in construction before but if you really believe that everything is so easy then you better stay right where you are
>>
>>1072140
Elon musk is a fraud. You buy into the idea of SpaceX hyper loops and flying cars yet he just sells shitty electric cars

SpaceX isn't a real business...it exists solely as a marketing gimmick
>>
>>1072149
Who is he undercutting a $160,000 Tesla p90d isn't cheaper than a Nissan leaf or a ford
>>
File: cat_enough.png (927KB, 930x632px) Image search: [Google]
cat_enough.png
927KB, 930x632px
>>1073617
CARLOS!
>>
>>1073762
SpaceX literally carries out launch contracts paid for by customers you dumb fuck.
>>
>>1072149
>>1072148

The Federal Express model you mean
>>
>>1073763
>Who is he undercutting a $160,000 Tesla p90d isn't cheaper than a Nissan leaf or a ford

Well there's no comparable product to a high-end Tesla.

But you can see from this 2015 article...

> "The Silicon Valley automaker is losing more than $4,000 on every Model S electric sedan it sells, using its reckoning of operating losses, and it burned $359 million in cash last quarter in a bull market for luxury vehicles."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-teslamotors-cash-insight-idUSKCN0QE0DC20150810

And here's one from 2017 that does into some financial analysis, explicitly showing them losing $$$ while growing quickly

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-03/tesla-burns-through-620-million-loses-13000-car-made-ahead-model-3-launch
>>
>>1073762
>I don't know anything about Elon Musk
The post
>>
>>1072148
>>1072228
and since they make no profit, they pay less taxes. Not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
>>1072140
i want to punch that smug face so bad
>>
>>1073502
>At least this crazy billionaire is cyberpunk as hell.
next he'll be suggesting building giant geodesics over the sprawl
>>
>>1076000
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Also, nice trips.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.