[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tunnels!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/06/a-campaign-topic-sending-metro-atlantas-traffic-underground/

Atlanta's traffic nightmare is topic of the mayor election. Candidates want to tunnel under and through the granite that sits below the city.

Hopefully, if tunnels are made, they will be trains instead of cars.
>>
>>1071587
1. build tunnel
2. send in the cars!
3. dynamite the tunnel
4. no more traffic nightmare
>>
>>1071599
dubs confirm this is a good idea
>>
sweet! tunnel blasting is always fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDOcioBJyI
>>
>>1071587
>2017:
>Thinking trains are worth even 1 second to discuss
LOL trains are so 20th century everyone wants to drive a CAR, stop being a luddite with your luddite trains, Sheldon.

See all those recaptchas you have to solve with street signs, store fronts, and other things you see on a STREET while DRIVING? Self-driving CARS are the future, not silly trains. We're going to strap you into your seat, and duct tape your mouth so we don't have to listen to you complain or scream, and send it on it's way. Naturally you won't have ANY way of controlling it, since it's 'self driving', there's no controls for you. But it's a CAR, and it's the FUTURE and you have to ACCEPT that. Trains are the PAST. Get over it, Sheldon.
>>
>>1071863
someone seems butthurt at how trains can actually transport a meaningful amount of passengers and freight.
>>
>>1071587
Notice how the streets are still packed with cars. You exit a traffic congestions to be spewed forth into the next one. What a beautiful world.
>>
>>1071587
>advanced civil engineering project in America

This will end in tears and massive cost overrun just like Big Dig.
>>
Atlanta resident here. It's extremely entertaining seeing this hellhole be a constant target of ridicule on /n/. Every major transport project in Atlanta is destined to fail because a decade after it's finished, the city will have expanded again and the transport infrastructure will be made redundant.
>>
idk but if I read his name again today I'm going to light some shit on fire
>>
>>1072005
it is because MARTA rail is too limited and stuck to Fulton and Dekalb.

I would run marta rail along the entire length of 400, 316 till Athens, 75 to kennesaw, and 85 till flowery branch.

then a rail perimeter loop under or over 285. maybe a smaller loop halfway between 285 and five points station.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.