[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CGK people mover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: people-mover-cgk.jpg (24KB, 592x332px) Image search: [Google]
people-mover-cgk.jpg
24KB, 592x332px
What you a/n/ons think of a Diesel-Electric people mover?.
>>
>>1071565
I don't think about them because they're PEDESTRIAN and BORING and STUPID and there's no reason any well-adjusted person would spend any amount of time discussing them, let alone posting entire threads about them. Seriously what's wrong with you train foamers? Did your mothers drop you on your heads as a baby or something?
>>
>>1071576

>if you are baiting
here's a ((you))

>if you are not
Here's another ((you)). Now go fuck yourself with a pineapple, you deserve it.
>>
>>1071565
Any transport with a fixed infrastructure will, as a general rule, be more efficient if it's electrified, since you already have the cost and maintenance of that fixed infrastructure so it's easier to have a continuous supply of energy, rather than re-fueling (or re-charging) at centralized locations, and then carry the fuel as added weight, plus the range limitation and the trips done to the fueling/charging points.

An exception could be a rail system like the US's, Canada's, and Australia's. Long stretches of simple and durable railroad tracks running through the middle of nowhere, requiring limited maintenance and with relatively few albeit long and heavy trains. In such cases electrification cost and its maintenance is possibly not economical compared to the savings in operational costs.

In the case of a people mover we're most likely talking of an urban, suburban or local interurban environment, with relatively high service frequency and frequent acceleration and deceleration. In such a case diesel propulsion makes little sense. It ought to lower cost of implementation, while cost of operation would increase in a more significant proportion to level of service being offered over an electric operation. As in raising level of service (frequency, capacity,...) in similar fashion will mean a proportionally higher increase in operational costs than the electric option.
This will likely mean that as demand takes off, it will be expensive to keep up with supply.

tl;dr it's stupid, make it electric. Or even better, get an LRT.
>>
>>1071613
second this

at least make it electric,
better use light-rail
>>
>>1071613
but anon, it costs money to build a LRT and think of the NIMBYs!!
>>
>>1071576
This. Trainfags are literally autistic.
>>
>>1071576
>>1071722
I like trains, but this board really makes me not want to meet a train fan in real life

At least the bike people (which I also am) are fun and seem to come from various sides of the spectrum from cocky chad to antisocial loser, struggling poorfags to smug car-free-by-choice urbanites

Trainfags just seem, without exception, to be the kind you'd assume probably live in a group home for adults
>>
>>1071565
>people mover
>diesel-electric
Doing something wrong.
>>
>>1071752
Yes, very wrong
it is uncertain what power to use
Hopefully they will switch to electric
>>
>>1071565
>diesel-electric
>people mover
>looks automated

WTF is wrong with the people designing this?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.