[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like Chris Froome just got caged on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: ss+(2017-05-09+at+09.53.57).jpg (130KB, 435x584px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-09+at+09.53.57).jpg
130KB, 435x584px
Looks like Chris Froome just got caged on
>>
Is it time we start fighting back? I'm going to start carrying molotov cocktails in my bottle cages and firebombing cagers
>>
good.
maybe he learned his lesson, slow moving bicycles should stick to pathways where they belong
>>
>get pushed into curb
>bike is completely destroyed
GARBONFAGS WILL DEFEND THIS
>>
>>1071346
I've have this idea for awhile. So in my state it is required that cars give 3 ft of passing distance. I was thinking about attaching a 2ft flexible fiberglass rod to my bike with a piece of carbide in the tip. Cars that drive to close get scratched. If they want to call the cops they get a ticket.
>>
>>1071355

Should then then, by law, stay 5ft away from you?
>>
File: 1491054178168.jpg (93KB, 980x653px)
1491054178168.jpg
93KB, 980x653px
>>1071355
does it really matter if they call the cops if they beat the shit out of you first?
>>
Damn, this is the week of the cager. First an entire team got hit by a degenerate woman and two died, and then our beloved skeltal gets hit by fucker.

>>1071355
I remember long ago a dude put a pool noodle on his bike to test the cagers, and of course, they started raging and honking.
>>
>>1071359
>implying I couldn't take an amerifat caged rager
>implying I don't carry a gun, and pepper spray on me at all times
>implying that's not exactly what I want to happen
>>
>>1071362
Vlad the implier

faggot
>>
>>1071361
I've been thinking of doing that too since people pass me way too fucking close sometimes, but it's not worth the hassle.

I can't believe some shithead caged ran Chris Froome, of ALL people, off the road and totaled his bike.
>>
>>1071369
Maybe the driver was hired by Quintana
>>
>>1071372
Quintana Roofing van nailed him
>>
Just like a suffragette
>>
>>1071373
Movistar needs that GC win in the Tour man.
>>
Hey remember that time Lance Armstrong pulled a guy out of a car and beat the shit out of the driver.
sagan would have done some gangster shit
>>
>>1071361
>I remember long ago a dude put a pool noodle on his bike to test the cagers, and of course, they started raging and honking
I remember hearing that quite a few slowed down or pulled over to tell him how great an idea it was and thanked him.
I would be fucking pissed if someone pulled over to tell me they needed a 3ft long neon guide to know a safe distance to pass me.
>>
>>1071386

Yeah but Lance was built like a linebacker (for a cyclist), Froomey is a spooky skeletal
>>
>>1071417
That driver is in for a fright.
>>
Started open carrying a pistol on my rear left side. Havent had a cager problem in months now.
>>
>>1071426
I'll shoot you, you've been warned.
>>
It's like we need to have front and back cams when we drive on streets and roads. Maybe if drivers know there's a damn good chance of getting sued or even incarcerated, that they will think better of committing vehicular assault.45
>>
>>1071438
^^ should be "ride," not "drive" ^^
>>
>>1071372
[spoiler]It was an off duty shimano car[/spoiler]
>>
>>1071448
>[spoiler]It was an off duty shimano car[/spoiler]
>It's the Neutral car again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqOUgrn1Q6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INUZQ-FDuKc
>>
>>1071457
They can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>1071386
Armstrong had balls.
>>
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=62c_1494396035
>>
>>1071355

pretty sure that "flexible" fibreglass rod will cause you to become unbalanced and eat-fucking-shit if anything bumps 98/100 cager-rage or not....
>>
>>1071503
>ball

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>1071386
Roid rage!
>>
>>1071361
>First an entire team got hit by a degenerate woman and two died
was this the club over in spain that got caged recently?
>>
>>1071436
No I'll shoot YOU bitch
>>
>>1071503
The roids make you mad af
>>
>>1071346
Sometimes i like to imagine my bike has a rocket launcher or a machine gun in it. I'd have some crazy cyberpunk HUD implant and whenever a car pissed me i'd say 'target locked' and shoot homing missiles at them.

Pretty autistic i know.
>>
>>1071601
i always imagined a chinook helio with a large electromagnet on a wire would grab those fuckers right off the road and drop 'em in a junkyard.
>>
>>1071386
fake news
>>
>>1071503
>had
>>
>bidon full of gas
>waterproof matches in pocket
>squirt in open cage window throw in match...
>>
>Chinarello

not
even
once
>>
>>1071346
Too extreme. Do something more toned down like subtly dropping tacks on the road when you have an angry cager behind you.
>>
>>1071995
>i don't know what chinarello means
>>1072054
all that will do is fuck over the next cyclist who comes by. Car tyres are a lot tougher than bike tyres.
>>
>>1072054
>>1072076
Then subtly deploy tank traps when you have an annoying cager behind you.
>>
>>1072054

http://www.instructables.com/id/Instant-Caltrops/
>>
>>1071344
best part is that bike probably costs more than the car that hit him
>>
it's kind of impressive how bikes manage to piss people off so much.
though now they've started to get to me by wearing cameras (filming pedestrians at intersections between cycle paths and pavement.)
>>
>>1071346
fuck off you faggot biker nigger
>>
>>1072054
Very illegal.
Might as well just threaten the cager with a gun, if you're already willing to break the law
>>
>>1071344
>Chris Froome
More like Froome froome Crash
>>
>>1071358
If you take the attached 2ft flexible fibreglass rod with the carbide tip and attach an additional 3ft flexible fibreglass rod with carbide tip, cars have to stay away 8 feet away.
opionions?
>>
>>1071368
more like Amerivlad amirite :DDDDDDDD
>>
The entire "us versus them" mentality is pure cancer. No matter what mode of transit you're using. It was VERY easy to stay out of motorists' hair as a cyclist, and when caging it's child's play to share the road respectably.
>>
bikes dont belong in motor vehicle traffic period
as a driver i fucking hate the fuckers who pretend otherwise as a biker i refuse to go betwen cars and inhale rheir shit straught from the tube if there is a perfectly fine pavement.
>>
>>1073253
>The entire "us versus them" mentality is pure cancer.
Anon, tribalism is just straight up human nature. I mean you have given things like race politics, and religion, but people fight over inconsequential shit like sports, video game systems, car brands, cell phones, feuding fandoms of any entertainment genre/medium, celebrities, and even anime waifus. What form of transportation people take is no exception to this. I think that should be a rules of the internet:
If it exists, people will fight over it.

It's actually hilarious seeing how cyclists on here get extremely tribal and antagonistic towards cagers, and how there's vicious fighting between the cyclists and train enthusiasts on here as well.
>>
>>1071344
>Looks like Chris Froome just got caged on

bikefags are not allowed to use the term cage or cagers. That's a motofag, you know the people that actually follow the traffic laws.
>>
>>1074190
>It's actually hilarious seeing how cyclists on here get extremely tribal and antagonistic towards cagers, and how there's vicious fighting between the cyclists and train enthusiasts on here as well.

That's because the majority of cyclists on /int/ are insufferable roadfag pricks, you don't see this sort of behavior nearly as often with the MTB or BMX crowd. There just seems to be something about dressing up like a colorblind Power Ranger and hopping on a road bike that turns people into absolute shitheads.
>>
>>1074203
i never in my life seen a motorcyclist follow traffic rules. it must have happened somewhere at one point in time. i just missed it.
>>
>>1071355
causing intentional harm to property. sorry.

>>1074188
i'll stop when you build bike paths
>>
>>1074667
>i'll stop when you build bike paths
guess what there are very few bike paths where i live too, it's still pretty easy to avoid getting in front of cars i do it a few times every day.

and i don't give a fuck about the pedestrians bitching. bikes rollers and skates and skateboards don't belong in motor vehicle traffic that's the end of it.
>>
File: lucky345.jpg (640KB, 885x619px) Image search: [Google]
lucky345.jpg
640KB, 885x619px
>>1074203
>motorists
>following traffic laws
>>
>>1074703
>implying riding on the sidewalk
I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure in most places it's illegal.
>>
>>1076782
In most places the cops don't give a fuck.
If you're not behaving recklessly or being a menace, they won't stop you.
>>
>>1076782
it's illegal and i don't give a fuck. it's better for everyone. i'm mindful of the pedestrians and will just roll behind them with their speed a few seconds if i have to. it rarely happens that i get stuck like that. like twice a month. i'm not going to risk my life among the cars like some morons do. i go on bike roads where they are separate from the road and on the sidewalk everywhere else.
>>
>>1071346
Keep a bottle of braking fluid.
Does less damage to other people and the person driving the car will often not realize his fucked up mistake before it's too late.
>>
>>1074206
Really the worst behavior I've ever seen was from guys running fixed gear with very well-used bikes. Not fashion statements, but the stuff they would use every day. They would get so irrationally upset with stop signs and red lights that they'd take leave of all sense of reason. Swinging bike locks at pedestrians and the like. I finally tried a track bike myself recently and don't really get it--70 gear inches is more than enough for a challenge and also easy enough to get started from a stop. Oh well, it takes all types I guess.
>>
>>1074188
>as a biker i refuse to go betwen[sic] cars
No cyclist should ever really do this to begin with, it's just too dangerous unless you're in it for the thrill-seeking and insurance claims. I even avoid it at stops because it confuses motorists too damn much. It was way easier for me to occupy the lane at the stop and then cut back to the shoulder after I passed the intersection.
>>
>>1077216
Enjoy being rear ended and crushed between two cars.
>>
>>1077216
At intersections I usually go on the sidewalk (perfectly legal where I live). In one case that caused me to get hit by a texting driver, so that's not wholly safe either. It depends on the number of lanes, however, and the overall amount of traffic and potential danger of each possible choice.
>>
>>1079162
>so that's not wholly safe either
If china videos have taught me anything, it's that one can never relax around cages.
>>
>>1079184
>china videos
well from what i seen about chink traffic there are no innocents there no matter what happens everybody is guilty of some traffic rule violation even the ones looking from the buildings windows.
>>
>>1074667
>i'll stop when you build bike paths

Funny. Because all you bike fags keep showing up at city council meetings to get bike paths shut down and bicycles mixed in with the vehicular traffic.

Or maybe some of the people who show up wearing Lycra and funny shoes really don't have the interests of cycling in mind. The militants are anti car and just fine with using cyclists as speed bumps.
>>
File: 1432636274253.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432636274253.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Don't understand some of the mentality here at all. I'm a cyclist, and I am fucking scared of cars. Not because I think they're full of rage against me, but because a car is a gigantic metal fucking tank and when I'm on a bike I am the exact same thing as a pedestrian moving at high speeds.

I see other cyclists challenging cars and rolling through lighted intersections and whatever, and it's like they don't realize if a car just yanks its wheel two inches to the right or they decide they've had a really bad day, you are dead. Fucking dead.

In my mind it's the same thing as challenging a goddamn grizzly bear. I'm just going to stay the fuck away, not kick it and try to make some statement about how grizzlies share the woods with me and we both have the right to be there.
>>
>>1079228
>that webm

jfc , what kind of bad day makes a man attempt murder like that?
>>
>>1079222
>Or maybe some of the people who show up wearing Lycra and funny shoes really don't have the interests of cycling in mind.
Or perhaps they're different types of cyclists. Bike paths are needed for slower cyclists and to make inexperienced cyclists feel safer. Roads and bike lanes are needed to provide speed, manoeuvrability and practicality for more experienced and physically stronger cyclists over longer distances.
The two needs are not at odds unless bike paths are used by cagers as an excuse to keep cyclists off the road.
>>
>>1079251
>bike paths are used by cagers as an excuse to keep cyclists off the road
the thing is though, in some areas they are
i agree that safe road usage and separate bike paths should complement each other
and that different riders will be comfortable on different levels of infrastructure
a big part of the problem in many areas though, is car drivers who don't know traffic laws
many think that cyclists have to use separate bike paths when they're there
or don't know that cyclists can be on the road at all

the result is that even when there's an unsafe bike path or one that doesn't go anywhere
many drivers try to force cyclists to use it instead of the road
>>
File: DSCN4520.jpg (655KB, 1985x1176px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4520.jpg
655KB, 1985x1176px
DISCO BAAAAABY!!
>unsafe bike path
,,,,FUKN CAGERS!!!,, unsafe at any,,,,, well, ANY!
,,,, beme,, in bed snugly hour ago,,, cager sticks it in the ditch,, revs,, keeps REVVVVING! MUST! GET! OUT!,, weeds catch on fire,,,BOOOOOM GAS!!, I'm out saving house, from CAGERS!! FUUUUK!,
, fire dept shows,,, hose just cant compete.
,,, nowits,,, DANCE TIME!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>1079335
>>
File: n.jpg (120KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
120KB, 1600x1200px
I want to litter roads with something like this accidentally
>>
>>1079360
your mother wont wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>1079228
there are too many stupid cyclist who think they are superior(i cycle about 500 miles a week). But moto's are worse. They look for arguments so they can pull up next to you and block you. They speed through traffic at stupid speeds, weave in and out of traffic too close. As I was riding once, a bunch of the cunts passed me on a BLIND corner at 50 miles per hour withing 10 cm of my shoulder. If I moved for a pot hole, I could have been bashed up bad, broken bones etc.

They need to chill it, like the video shows not everyone has such reactions or can be fucked with their bollocks. Cyclists are bad, but moto's are generally worse. Check out youtube, they have cams to look for trouble.
>>
>>1077216
I do it in China

But so do all the other chinamen
>>
File: 1491206067238.png (118KB, 585x452px) Image search: [Google]
1491206067238.png
118KB, 585x452px
>>1071519
That's fucking scary. I just accept that at one point, considering the amount of km I make a week, I will get hit by a car no matter what, even thought I never even had a close call.

In my opinion the best way to avoid pissing off cagers is pretending to give them more freedom without putting yourself in danger at the same time. Drive around 1 meter from the curb, when you can hear the car approaching, move a bit closer to the curb, but not so close that you might have to drive through those road side manholes. Somehow this works better than just driving closer to the curb all the time.
>>
>>1079335
>,,, nowits,,, DANCE TIME!
keep on keepin on bacon
>>
>>1079506
>Somehow this works better than just driving closer to the curb all the time.
its 1000% psycological
if they see you move over for them they won't be as much of an ass
even if you're really giving them the same amount of space
>>
>>1071346

>Is it time we start fighting back?

Long past time. The law is not being enforced.

One of the best tools for enforcing the law for your personal safety is a laser dazzler. All you have to do is aim it kinda near the offending vehicle. Scattering and secondary reflections make their windows and windshield effectively opaque.
>>
>>1072087
>These are only to carry in your pouch at the renaissance festival as part of your costume.
>>
>>1072087
hmm nice, we have a fucking asshole that always parks in the disabled slot. he has a card he puts under the windshield that is from sweden (yeah we are no tin sweden) and his movements are pretty good maybe he is more agile than me. so it's all bullshit. i will leave some caltrops under his tire every time he parks there. i have reported him before nothing happened shit is going on for months now. it wouldn't even be a problem if there was enough parking space in our street but there isn't he is using the disabled lot as his private slot with his fake card. i have a nagging suspicion he had the parking slot marked by the city because established it after his car started to show up.
>>
>>1079250
Did you not notice the guy slam on his brakes for no reason?
>>
>>1071344
Wish it killed him. Cyclists who think they're entitled to the roads deserve death/paralysis
>>
>>1079552
>blind drivers
>enforcing the law
you gonna get raped in prison
soon
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.