[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ride carbon, they said >carbon is strong, they said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: made in china.gif (2MB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
made in china.gif
2MB, 350x276px
>ride carbon, they said
>carbon is strong, they said
>>
>>1071063
>CHARLES NOOOO!!!!!
>>
F
>>
>>1071063
Did he died?
>>
>>1071082
Nope, he recently set another record on snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gBqbNUtr3c
>>
>>1071082
No but his suit literally melted and fused to his skin.
>>
This reminded me of another retarded bicycle achievement. Descending mountain pass riding no hands, using one foot against rear tire to brake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV4MJok1_2o
>>
File: roadbiketrials.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
roadbiketrials.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>1071063
Probably stronger than your low bone density bones.
>>
>>1071100
>
Bikes made out of human bones when?
>>
>>1071111

synthetic biologic revolution will change the way we bike all together.
bikes will be living organisms.

something like pedal powerd horses !
>>
File: SuicideGekko.png (180KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
SuicideGekko.png
180KB, 432x444px
>>1071113
>pedals
>not linking it directly to you nervous system
>>
>>1071089
i recently got towed into a bike jump, overcleared the landing and it sucked
>>
>>1071063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5eMMf11uhM
>>
>>1071063
Rode carbon for the first time today. Now in the market for one. It was a dream.
>>
>>1071403
Not applicable to riding.
>>
>>1071084
>he almost loses it at the end
fuarrrrk

tho it would be cool if they could come up with a suit that deploys wings or some shit so that he launches at the end
>>
File: do it.jpg (14KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
14KB, 271x277px
>>1071498
>tho it would be cool if they could come up with a suit that deploys wings or some shit so that he launches at the end
>>
>>1071084
Funny how the single thing the French can be proud of is launching a man downhill on a bike.
>>
>>1072077
Investment in rapid retreat.
>>
>>1071063
Don't buy shitty counterfeits from shitty Asian faggot companies, and don't buy shitty no-name CF framesets from shitty Asian companies and you won't have any problems.

Unlike steel, which rusts and fatigues, and other metals which can have welds break, CF doesn't rust, fatigue, or have any of those other problems. Just don't be such a poorfag that has to resort to cheap shit and you'll never have a problem. If you're a skeezy parasitic NEET, stop being that and get a job. Then you can afford nice things like everyone else.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>1072094
>>
>>1072122
Look everyone, I found the butthurt fred!
>fred calls me a poorfag because I recognize the fact that steel is objectively superior to carbon
>tfw I ride my 1980s steel ten speed more than I ride my carbon road bike that's worth $5,000
>tfw it has nothing to do with money, it's just because STEEL IS REAL
>>
>>1072198

The only real advantage to steel is that it's cheaper to get custom frames in it.
>>
File: but thats wrong.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
but thats wrong.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>1072201
And LITERALLY everything else.
>b-but muh flex
More fun to ride.
>b-but muh grams
Gives you a better workout.
>b-but muh rust
Taking care of your frame prevents this.
>b-but muh fatigue
Steel isn't that material that tends to shatter when it gets hit at the wrong angle, nor is it that type of metal that has no fatigue limit.
>>
>>1072224

>more fun to ride

Completely subjective

>Better workout

If you want to work on strength, just get a fucking squat rack.

>Rust

I don't give a shit about rust, because you should take care of your stuff regardless of what it's made of.

>fatigue

Don't care about fatigue, and I've seen plenty of busted steel, carbon, and aluminum frames.
>>
>>1072238
>Completely subjective
Wrong.
>If you want to work on strength, just get a fucking squat rack.
Cycling is more enjoyable. If you care so much about weight do you also drill out the non-essential parts of your derailleurs? You better at least be running full SRAM Red.
>>
>>1072224
>More fun to ride.
Know what's fun? Being able to keep up with everyone else, because you're not riding a 30 pound bike that wastes your efforts by being as stiff as a wet noodle.
>Gives you a better workout.
Implying anyone other than fat, weak, filthy casuals ride only for a 'workout'
>>b-but muh rust
>Taking care of your frame prevents this.
Or you can have a bike that never rusts for any reason whatsoever and not something from 1916.
>Steel isn't that material that tends to shatter when it gets hit at the wrong angle, nor is it that type of metal that has no fatigue limit.
LOL you know nothing of metalurgy, and if you're so rough with a bike that you have to worry about 'hitting it at the wrong angle' then you shouldn't have nice things to start with; enjoy your Goodwill bike from the 1980s, filthy NEET.

The rest of us will wave and laugh at you as we leave you behind on your rust bucket scrapmetal BSO.
>>
>>1072239
I'll bet you're weak as fuck. I'll bet you can't get your rust-bucket BSO past 30 miles per hour on the flat if your life depends on it.
>workout
LOL that's hilarious. You wouldn't know a proper 'workout' on a bike if I slapped you in the ass with it.

Oh and by the way? You're not convincing anyone of anything other than you're POOR and that's why you have a shitty cheap steel bike. You're POOR and pathetic. We're all laughing at you, poorfag.
>>
>>1072360
>I'll bet you don't even own a formula one car you filthy casual.
Most people don't want or need a race bike. Most people want a general do everything bike, mainly because they don't have the money for 20 specialized bikes, and that's what your getting with a carbon frame. The layup for a carbon TT bike is going to be completely different from a race bike. This may be hard to comprehend for you but I don't ride for the purpose of flexing my dick at other riders. I do it because I enjoy it and I can have just as much fun on a $100 BSO as I can my $1200 road bike. The beauty of steel is its versatility. Try fitting a rack to your carbon race bike, try fitting chunky tires on it, try taking it on a week long trip.
>>
>>1072359
Projecting or a complete douche irl. Tranquilo, amico.
>>
>>1072478
>Try fitting a rack to your carbon race bike, try fitting chunky tires on it, try taking it on a week long trip.
LOL why would I want to do any of that?
I don't need a rack on any of my bikes because I have a CAR to run errands in.
I don't need 'chunky tires' on any of my bikes because I have no need or desire to ride off the pavement, ever.
I don't take 'week long trips' on a bike, I have a CAR for things like that.
All of the above is because I have a JOB and am not POOR.

Meanwhile I have an order of magnitude more fun on bikes than you do, and people admire and ask questions about not only the bikes I ride, but about me, because I look like a proper cyclist, not some weakling on a garbage bike with a bunch of junk bolted to it.

You just don't get it: Nobody is impressed by or asks questions about your family minivan. They're impressed by and ask questions about your Porsche convertible -- if they're going to be impressed or ask questions at all. Your cheap steel bike, with flat bars and racks bolted to it, are just part of the background noise. People see you out in the middle of nowhere as they're driving by, and know what they think? They think "Gee, that poor guy can't afford a car and has to get around on that old bike. Should we stop and offer him a ride?". Bet that happens to you regularly: "Sweetie, do you need a ride somewhere?" LOL.

Stop trying to make being poor and having poor-people things into some sort of twisted *virtue*. You're just deluding yourself. FFS try to get a better job (or *any* job if you don't have one) so you can afford decent things. Then you won't have to convince yourself that you're actually happy with what you have.
>>
>>1072481
LOL no. If you actually believe that in 2017 any cheap-ass steel-frame bike is actually *better* than something more expensive made of aluminun, titanium or carbon fiber, then you're either very very dumb, or you're just convincing yourself to not be so jealous of other people's posessions that you want to kill them or yourself.

TRUTH: You get what you pay for when you buy a bicycle. Cheap and shitty is cheap and shitty.

We can go on and on and on about this until this thread, and the next 1000 threads after it have reached the bump limit, and no one will ever convince me or anyone else like me to change my mind: nice things are nice things, cheap shitty things are cheap and shitty. Period.
>>
>>1072491
Nobody is denying that, as a general rule, material and build quality improve with increased price. I don't understand why you're angry about it? Stop hating what other people like. All cycling and bicycles are great.

Except triathlon.
>>
>>1072491
people can ride steel bikes older tan themselves, carbon fiber lasts a couple years at best.
define "better", if "better" is "faster", well motorbikes are faster, ride one.
>>
>>1072490
>my CAR
>my CAR
>my CAR
>I have no need or desire to ride off the pavement, ever.
>I don't take 'week long trips' on a bike, I have a CAR

Get the fuck off /n/ and go over to /o/ and /fit/ where you belong.

Guess what, I also own a car! Two quite nice ones, in fact. I still take my bike out to get groceries and go on short camping trips with it, because I *genuinely enjoy riding a bike*. I am sorry that you are unable to find joy in the simple act of cycling and are unable to see bikes/cars as anything other than a proxy for social status.
>>
>>1072490
Shut up Freddie.
>>
>>1072501
It's better because it's expensive, it's expensive because it's better

I'm so expert bikes
Xpensive is best hurr
>>
>>1072491
I bet I can build a chinarello with China carbon wheels into a better bike than anything you can buy for the same price.

Oh wait you don't build bikes you just go on Craigslist and buy them complete and act like you achieved something
>>
>>1072528
Cagers BTFO

There really is nothing to say to this
>>
I don't think anyone rates carbon at this point
>>
>>1072490
Disgusting, go drive your cage into a brick wall, cager
>>
>>1072490
>i impress people with my material wealth, that's what's important

kek, fukcing cagers
>>
>>1072359
>Know what's fun? Being able to keep up with everyone else, because you're not riding a 30 pound bike that wastes your efforts by being as stiff as a wet noodle.
>being this fucking shit-tier at cycling

>Or you can have a bike that never rusts for any reason whatsoever and not something from 1916.
Or you can take care of your things so it doesn't matter. Enjoy that exploding carbon, Fred.

>enjoy your Goodwill bike from the 1980s, filthy NEET.
I didn't get any of my bikes from Goodwill. I have 5 bikes, two of which are from the 1980s.

>The rest of us will wave and laugh at you as we leave you behind on your rust bucket scrapmetal BSO.
My 80s bikes are not rusted because I maintain them and they are better bicycles than any bicycle you own, so fuck off, Fred.

>>1072360
>>1072478
While >>1072478 is entirely correct, I am the anon who >>1072360 replied to. I have a high end carbon road bike (worth about $5,000). I have a carbon enduro bike. I still ride my steel OTS more than my other four bikes combined. I ride my OTS not because I don't want/need a race bike, but because for the types of riding I do most often, my OTS is preferable to my carbon race bike.
>>1072490
>I don't need a rack on any of my bikes because I am a lazy fat fuck
>I don't need 'chunky tires' on any of my bikes because I am afraid that I'll fall down and scrape my elbow if I ride anywhere but perfectly smooth pavement
>I don't take 'week long trips' on a bike, I would literally die from over-exertion if I attempted that because I am so unhealthy, fat, and lazy
>All of the above is because I am FAT and LAZY

>Meanwhile I ride less than 20km per week and that takes me over an hour and a half. People look at me, point and laugh, not only because I'm slow as fuck, but because I'm also fat as fuck, not an actual cyclist like the people I am arguing with.

>I'm going to keep rambling and saying more stupid stuff that no one cares about.
>>
>tfw riding my 80s steel OTS today, dressed casually, wearing a backpack
>tfw pass a roadie wearing full kit, clipless, etc on modern road bike
>tfw effortlessly going like twice his speed
Freds BTFO!
>>
>>1072581
>lycra fag did 120mi and was going home.
>I did 2km and was proud to pass him.
>>
File: I never ride.png (86KB, 1920x1030px) Image search: [Google]
I never ride.png
86KB, 1920x1030px
>>1072567
>Meanwhile I ride less than 20km per week and that takes me over an hour and a half.
>>
>>1072581
>Cat-6 racing on the bike paths
Pro-tip for you: It's not racing unless everyone AGREES it's a race. Whoever that was probably didn't even take notice of you, LOL.
>>
>>1072567
>I'm going to keep rambling and saying more stupid stuff that no one cares about.
Then why are you getting so mad that you feel the need to write several paragraphs in response?
>>
>>1072567
>I have a high end carbon road bike (worth about $5,000). I have a carbon enduro bike.
Show bikes, with timestamp, or GTFO.
>mfw they belong to his dad, the shitty old steel bikes are his
>>
>>1072567
>have a high end carbon road bike (worth about $5,000). I have a carbon enduro bike.
FUCK OFF, FRED
>better DEAD than FRED
>>
>>1072603
It was a bike lane, not a bike path, and I wasn't racing. I was just commuting and happened to be commuting at a velocity substantially faster than the roadie was cycling at.
>>
>>1072609
But I'm not Fred, I ride my steel OTS more than both of those combined.
>>
>>1072613
Not everyone is so insecure that they have to be the fastest rider all the time in every situation, and by the way posting what you posted even if it was done ironically just shows how horribly insecure you are about the state of your fitness as a cyclist. I suggest you chill out and just enjoy riding, and not worry about 'counting coup' on unsuspecting riders who are on bikes that are ten times more expensive than what you have.
>>
File: KILL YOURSELF.gif (142KB, 1221x1007px) Image search: [Google]
KILL YOURSELF.gif
142KB, 1221x1007px
>>1072615
You own garbon bikes for any reason THEREFORE YOU ARE A SLIMY FUCKING FRED AND NEED TO BE KILLED.
>>
>>1072639
Oh let him have his fun.
>>
>>1072609
>>1072640
Anally annihilated poorfag/10
>>
File: garbon.jpg (218KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
garbon.jpg
218KB, 800x601px
>>1072609
>>1072640
yum yum garbon
>>
>>1072642
You can have your fun all you want. If someone who obviously races (is in kit for a local team, is obviously fit, legs like tree trunks, nice bike, etc) blows past you and you work your ass off to bridge up to him, maybe even pass and stay ahead of for a while, then sure, but if you *post* about it, even ironically? That's pathetic. It needs to be in your own head, only, like your own private (private!) 'fantasy racing'.
>>
>>1072681
>>1072686
Nope! STEEL IS REAL and even if you can afford something else you should buy and ride ONLY steel bikes because otherwise you're being a GOOD GOY and giving your sheckles to the faggot JEW bike companies for their meme garbon bikes that they created only to steal monies from people and put hard-working American independent REAL STEEL bike builders out of business like faggot JEW companies do. You just wait, Trump will put these faggot JEW biek companies out of business and sign and executive order outlawing garbon and aluminum bikes and make REAL STEEL bikes the Offficial bieks of the United States government! Or are you some fucking COMMIE that hates America? GB2 Best Korea faggot commies!
>>
>>1072752
>steel bikes are for trump voters
Did you really think that through, little buddy?

Steel is the most practical for the cage-free life because garbon cracks and buckles when you try to put a rack on it. How many garbon bikes do you see with eyelets? That's right, none.

From this we can safely conclude that cagers (i.e. trump voters) are pro-garbon and that the enlightened progressive choice is steel.

Garbon is for putting on the roof of your cage and taking your garbon toy to the special hobby toy controlled play facility.

Steel is for commuting, grocery getting, and so on.

Since we are on /n/ and not /asp/ steel is most at home here, and garbon can return to another board where it might feel more at home.
>>
>>1072752
I'm an eastern european squatting poorfag with highschool education.
Tell me, freedom friend, why are you so poor?
Is it your college loan? Health insurance bills?
>>
File: 1490362575213.gif (72KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490362575213.gif
72KB, 600x623px
>>1072490
Holy fuck. Its Fred the post. Saving.
>>
>>1072609
What is a Fred?
>>
>>1072756
See in america not being able to afford something dosnt mean not having the money for it. It means not being able to justify spending x amount for x product, and with carbon you've pretty just said fuck the price/performance curve. Unless you are truly going to use it for racing of course.
>>
>>1072786
This.
>>
File: dis.gif (85KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
dis.gif
85KB, 480x600px
>>1072787
>Having to justify a hobby.
America, no fun allowed.
>>
>>1072787
Yeah in America not being able to afford something means that your credit score is so shitty and all your credit is already spent that you can't get anyone to lend you any more money.
>>
>>1072753
>Steel is for commuting, grocery getting, and so on.
So you're poor?
>LOL he's so poor he has to ride a BIKE everywhere
Enjoy your NO GIRLFRIEND, poorfag.
>>
File: deliv01-W5401.jpg (41KB, 540x294px) Image search: [Google]
deliv01-W5401.jpg
41KB, 540x294px
>>1072925
>implying girls own cars
>implying anyone owns cars
Found the hillbilly
>>
>>1072752
yeah this desu
>>
>>1071085
>HELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.