[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boring Company Tunnels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (341KB, 684x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
341KB, 684x351px
Enjoy your rail and and bicycles, surface-cucks. I'll be cruising in style in my underground superhighway

train autists and bicycucks btfo by Elon Musk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5V_VzRrSBI
>>
>>1068361

How would the power pickup work out from that single guide rail, with merging rails?
>>
>>1068433

With the magic of design student concepts
>>
Wait until thundercuck picks it up.. This jewish fuck will milk it.

SOLAR FRIKING HYPERLOOP HIGHWAYS
>>
>>1068361

> Spend all that effort to build hundreds of miles of tunnels

> Fill with low-occupancy cages

> Ignore scalability issues of individual fucking elevators

> Ignore design problems of sleds holding cars with no proper tie-downs moving at 120+ MPH with a single power strip

Yeah, okay.
>>
>>1068361
>When Amtrak and VW does a better job at transporting cars
Hyperloop sure, Boring Company tunnels aren't gonna work over CarGoTram in the city and Auto Train outside as a freight "rail" implementation. No it's no an underground highway. Self-driving autonomous pods can stay on roads and like PRT in a wild fantasy,
>>
>>1068910
>Mfw I dare look at the comments
This part of Youtube is worse than I thought here.
>>
>>1068433
Obvious that's only a guide rail and magical inductive charging or linear induction motors will be used.
>>
>>1068452
The one design he should keep in his concept for a story or art.
>>
>>1068361
Are people slowly becoming ants?
Is that what cars are, dude? Just ant mech suits?
>>
>>1068939
test
>>
>>1068361
let's put autonomous elevators with no counterweights everywhere in the city! And let's have them right between the sidewalk and the driving lane with no guards so that they suddenly open up when a car goes up or down. Pedestrians and bikers can safely fall in and be trapped on an underground superhighway forever!
>>
Why have autonomous driving cars, if you can just put them on a train!
>>
What happens if:

- someone opens their car door while on the fagcarriage and steps outside at 200 km/h
-a fire breaks out in the tunnel
- a bunch of edgy teens jumps on the lift without any car at all
- your fagcarriage malfunctions and you have nowhere to run while another fagcarriage heads straight towards you at 200 km/h
- an earthquake hits (especially for L.A.)
- terrorists allahuakbar the tunnels
- people start living in your tunnels
- your tunnels get flooded
- your car gets scratched by some rocks in the tunnel
>>
>>1068937
> Hyperloop sure

Yeah. No. Hundreds of miles of near-vacuum tube for, again, low-occupancy vehicles.
>>
>>1069273
I mean, at least vacuum tube transport is workable compared to this. I can tell what vactrain and ET3 would have to say in regards to de facto freight HSR transporting fucking cars. Hyperloop cargo is less doubtful than Boring Company.
>>
>>1068361
This is fucking stupid. Making tunnel boring a lot faster is a great goal. Using it for this purpose is retarded.
>>
>>1069384
this just use the tunnels for trains and metros

you can even make your own tesla trains if you want, elon
>>
>>1068361

I can't help but wonder if he's just gathering all the components needed to make a mass driver for launching people/gear into space.

Fast/cheap tunneling, giant vacuum tubes, and a bunch of other things the guy working on would go a long way towards that.
>>
>>1069429
You serious? Vacuum tube, then what? Force fields transitioning to atmosphere?
>>
>>1069425
Deep underground stations aren't always necessary nor desirable though.
>>
>>1068361
>Elon Musk
aka the biggest scam artist in human history
>>
>>1069125
>- a bunch of edgy teens jumps on the lift without any car at all
That actually sounds like something I would want to do. Like train hopping but better.

You probably need an interface that is connected to your car to determine your destination and that would also take care of the problem.
>>
>>1069513
Exactly. And guess what. They're only available on the New $500,000 Tesla Model 5.

Sounds like Tesla is aiming to become a monopolising asshole
>>
>>1069681

Oh don't worry, for a reasonable installation fee and monthly subscription one can be installed in any car.

Of course, no kids would dare steal those out of the autoshops... or Best Buy.
>>
>>1069976
Elon Musk. How do we stop him?
>>
I like his space adventures, and i can get the point he's trying to make with Tesla and hyperloop, but this?

>Take a 300+hp, 1 ton vehicle
>it's already way oversized for 1 person, waste a lot of space and energy
>put this thing on another, even larger vehicle
>Add another, probably even bigger engine to your transport unit
>???
>Congratulations, you are now using 3 tons of steel and 1000hp to move one single person around town

Even rolling highways (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_highway) which have a much better cargo/deadweight rate aren't done often, except for very special situations were you have other benefits that make up for its flaws.
>>
>>1069513

Sounds like the kind of sci-fi stuff Neal Stephenson could have a field-day with
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.