[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For me, its the Q. the best subway line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 180s.jpg (10KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
180s.jpg
10KB, 180x180px
For me, its the Q. the best subway line
>>
>>1067041
I prefer the (you)
>>
>>1067041
q is shit its all about riding slow but steady on the 1 line
>>
>>1067041
>line
It's not a line dummy
>>
>>1067183
Semantics here we go.
>>
>>1067208
Many rapid transit systems run relatively static routings, so that a train "line" is more or less synonymous with a train "route". In New York City, however, routings change often because of changes in the availability of connections or the setup of service patterns. Within the nomenclature of the subway, the "line" describes the physical railroad track or series of tracks that a train "route" uses on its way from one terminal to another. "Routes" (also called "services") are distinguished by a letter or a number and "Lines" have names. They are also designations for trains, as exemplified in the Billy Strayhorn song "Take the "A" Train".
There are 25 train services in the subway system, including three short shuttles. Each route has a color and a local or express designation representing the Manhattan trunk line of the particular service. The color lime green is exclusively assigned to the Crosstown Line route, which operates entirely outside Manhattan, while the shuttles are all assigned dark slate gray. The lines and services are not referred to by color (e.g., Blue Line or Green Line) by native New Yorkers or by most New York City residents, but out-of-towners and tourists often refer to the subway lines by color.
>>
>>1067180
I have never ever had to go anywhere using the 1 line what even happeneds there? is it the flyover of train lines
>>
>>1067337
pretty much everywhere that matters

the flyover trains are the 6, the G, the SIRR, the franklin avenue shuttle, the J, the Z, and most especially the L, since the L services all the neighborhoods populated by transplants from flyover land
>>
>>1067416
i dont know a single perosn that regularly uses the 1 tbqh.
>hating the 6, literally the cities spine
Sure its slow, always late and crowded as fuck. But unlike some trains at least it actually shows up and you can use it to go or transfer anywhere.
>the L
Very fast and reliable but too many fucking hipsters and its shutting down in about a year lmao
>>
>>1067416
excluding frequency, the g and the sirr are the best lines

they're speedy, not prone to delays, and never overcrowded
>>
>>1067214
NYC "services" baffle me.

You can reduce the number of times you have to change trains if you can catch the train you want, but that comes at expense of train frequency, reliability/consistency of service, ease of navigating, ease of scheduling... basically pretty much everything else.
>>
>>1067416
>hating on the 6

you can go anywhere via the 6
>>
We may disagree on which line is best, but we can all agree the 5 is the worst, right?

>most delayed
>most crowded
>most cancelled trains
>first to get cut when something goes wrong
>doesn't run half the time
>route is cut on the weekends, is pretty much just a shuttle overnight
>almost all of the stations are served by another line
>>
File: tlmd_7_train_nyc.jpg (63KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
tlmd_7_train_nyc.jpg
63KB, 652x367px
7 train is obviously the best. So frequent.
>>
Opinions on the N? I don't live in NYC, but it's the most nostalgic to me.
>>
>>1067503
Only astoria trust-fund hipsters use it from my experience. i dont think ive ever actually ridden it before

J train master race. Sure we have to go through williamsburg but the outer reaches are inecessible for tourists and overall based. Plus you get a great view
>>
>>1067482
>living in the bronx
Im sorry
>>
>>1067214
You don't say Captain Obvious. We understand what OP is trying to say. Don't get caught up in minor details. No need to copy and paste.
>>
File: What_5eb977_6107463.jpg (14KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
What_5eb977_6107463.jpg
14KB, 300x256px
>>1067438
>you can use it to go or transfer anywhere.
But that's wrong, the 6 doesn't connect with anything except like the 7 and the L, and sort of the B way down there by Broadway-Lafayette or Bleecker or whatever it's called, as long as you're willing to go upstairs and down again and hopefully you've got unlimited lol.

Whereas the 1 connects with every train in the system except the 6 (obviously), the G, the SIRR, and like the J and Z probably but no one cares about those
>>1067482
There's a 5 train? Pic related.
>>
>>1067508
I didn't understand what he was saying because he was so wrong.
>>
>>1067337
If you don't want to walk down hills to Columbia its the only game in town.
>>
>>1067708
The 6 connects with the N and R at 59 Street. There was even a salsa song about the 6.
>>
>>1067708
It also connects to the F and to both of manhattans metro north stations. Stop fucking shilling the 1 nobody besides UWS yuppies and wash heights nogs uses it
>>
>>1067708
Nobody fucking uses the 1 because its not close to brooklyn and queens like the 6 and who the fuck wants to go to riverdale
>>
>>1067041
are you gay, retarded, or both? the best subway line in new york city is the lexington avenue subway
>>
>>1067872
>wanting to be packed like sardines with bronx scum and tourist scum
The the 2nd avenue line has hardly helped congestion
>>
>>1067449
The G would be god tier if it was a high speed express line that made only 5 stops. Much more effiecent for everyone even the people living near it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.