[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rinsten Spring Seat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: file.jpg (19KB, 600x364px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
19KB, 600x364px
Is this a meme or what?

t. fatty
>>
It's literally just a leaf spring.

Go up to any half ton truck, climb under it and look just above the axle. That's what they made for a bike.
>>
>>1066822
>Go up to any half ton truck, climb under it and look just above the axle. That's what they made for a bike.

Okay, so, mtb shocks... are those just memes too? seats? tires?
>>
File: file.jpg (82KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
82KB, 600x424px
>>1066822
that's just science!
>>
>>1066816
why do you think this is something that you want? real question
>>
>>1066816
That isn't damped. Have fun sitting on it.
>>
I'm just worried about how the angle of the seat will keep changing as it squishes up and down.
>>
>>1066822
A
FUCKING
LEAF
SPRING
>>
File: trust me, I'm from -fa-.jpg (20KB, 236x264px) Image search: [Google]
trust me, I'm from -fa-.jpg
20KB, 236x264px
>>1066822
wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
so what bike seats support fatties?
300 lbs + amerilard here
>>
>>1066816
shit like any sort of vertical "suspension" like this is generally a bad idea, because it fucks with your position on the bike, proper fit is important. this is why endurance bikes dont do shit like that on seats, they have horizontal splay

also you want a level saddle, so youd need to weigh a certain amount to compress it enough otherwise itd be an awful fit
>>
>>1067032
>>
Use your legs.
>>
>>1067032

the medium width schwinn seat they sell at all walmarts. shit is ultra comfy as fuck.
>>
>>1067032
B R O O K S
>>
>>1066977
rofl what a fag
>>1066816
What kind of bike are you riding, OP? A saddle with minimal padding will do fine, even if you don't wear any shorts. Wearing one with a lot of padding will chafe your ass to death.
>>
>>1067032
Lots of them (fellow fatass), find something that fits your sit bones so you actually ride.

It can also help to clamp the seat as far forward as it will allow (so clamp the seat rails as far back as possible). Mounting too far forward can create a lot of leverage at the edge of the seat clamp and bend/break the seat rails over time.

In general just get used to wearing out things like spokes and rims faster too.

>>1067034
Once you have an idea of what your typical "sag" is when sitting on the spring, you should be able to re-adjust the seat mounting to compensate.

The change in angle from the spring can be corrected at the seat post clamp, too.

I'd just hope this thing is really stiff to absorb smaller bumps efficiently, since you're probably going to stand up for anything really rough anyway.
>>
>>1067257
>Mounting too far forward
Fuck.
Mounting too far BACK
>>
>>1066966
Kek 'n' checked.
>>
>>1066816

>putting a leaf spring directly beneath your testicles
>>
>>1066966
Itt: millennials who don't understand basic engineering fundamentals
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.