[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SADDLEBAGTHREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1488.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
EVERY RIDE CARRY
WHATS IN YOUR BAG
>>
inb4 gun for shooting black people
>>
>multi tool w/ chainbreaker
>co2 cartridge and pump, on any longer rides also a minipump
>inner tube
>patch kit
>tire irons
>1 pair of latex gloves because I'm a princess and don't want to get my hands dirty
>>
Who /fannypack/ here
>u-lock
>spare tube
>patches, glue and levers
>multitool
>tire boot
>pump
>debit card
>ID
>keys
>lighter and rolling paper (there's always someone asking for either)
>>
>>1064695
>caring shekels when you ride
What are you, jewish?
>>
>>1064715
cheapest tire boot on the market, it used to be a fiver but needed a cliff bar...
>>
A toothpick and a piece of floss.
If you ever raided an abandoned orchard on your ride and spent the next 4 hours with a piece of pear skin lodged between your teeth, you understand.
>>
>>1064732
Clif bar wrapper is a cheaper boot cause then you have food too
>>
>>1064700
Damn...
>>
>>1064702
Buy some Mechanix gloves if you don't already use them when actually riding.
>>
>>1064695
>tube
>tire irons
>pump
>multi tool
>cell phone with 911 calls only
>>
>tube
>patches
>tire levers
>CO2 cartridge
>CO2 inflator
>multitool w/ chainbreaker

All in cargo cage
>>
>>1064695

In saddle bag
>Spare tube
>co2 cartridge
>Multi tool
>co2 adapter
>mini irons
>house key

In Jersey
>water bottles
>phone
>cliffbar
>Ruger Lcp
>>
>>1064795
CO2 is heavier than air
>>
>>1064800

44.01 g/mol CO2
28.02 g/mo N2
>>
>>1064784
I have gloves when riding. I want to have something with me if I need to do roadside repairs that keep my hands clean so that my bartape stays clean even after continuing the ride after repairs.
>>
>>1064700
Once a guy showed up to a local group ride with a gun sticking out of his chamois. On a tri bike. Fucking triathletes.
>>
>in saddle bag
Tube
CO2 inflator
Latex gloves
Tire levers
Filzer flat multitool

>in jersey pockets
Couple of Clif bars
Phone
Wallet

>sometimes on casual rides, fanny pack
All of the above, plus:
Camera (Sony a6000)
Maybe a beer or 2
U-lock
>>
>>1064799
>In Jersey
>>water bottles
Manlet or fixiefag?
>>
I carry everything in my jersey pockets.

Mini pump
Spare tube
Galaxy Note 3
Spare battery
Spare rear USB light
Kerambit
Wallet with ID, credit card, and enough cash for a cab/post ride espresso
Multitool
>>
>>1064712
so nice for commutes so i dont have to wear kit everywhere i go or worry about how to carry a saddlebag when im off the bike
>>
>>1064850
Neither i just prefer to keep them on my person
>>
>>1064702
tits or gtfo
>>
Fucking freds, do you mean you don't have all these items in the support car?
>>
>>1064800
>>1064803
Aaaand a CO2 cartridge and inflator stem are smaller and lighter than a portable pump.

I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make. I don't think its going to matter to my ride if my tube has CO2 vs air in it, and even if it did its for temporary repairs when I'm far away from home and not the general state of the bike.
>>
>>1064959
Even the great skeleton king uses a saddlebag on training rides.
>>1064982
What if you get more punctures than you have cartridges?
>>
tube
sometimes a second tube
levers
couple tissues
$10

nasty little compact pump that I hate
>>
>>1065026
>What if you get more punctures than you have cartridges?

I use a pump and I rarely get more than one puncture (if one at all). So yeah, I could use CO2 cartridges but I'm dumb as fuck I'm sure I'll fail to use it wasted my only chance to continue.
>>
use the bottom pocket on my ruck
Beto pump
pedros levers
park tool glueless patch kit
zefal patch kit
spare tube
topeak mini18+
electrical tape
zip ties
cell phone charger
spare AAAs and 18650 for lights
spare battery for sony action camera
cell phone either on bars or small ruck pocket

keys and purse in main pocket on my ruck

want to get some hiplok z-loks so i don't need to risk my bike when at a coffee or pub stop.
>>
File: frame bag.jpg (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
frame bag.jpg
165KB, 600x600px
>>1064695
Commuter/recreational rider here
Attached to my bike frame
>cable lock
>water bottle
>pump

In backpack
>tube
>couple of allen wrenches
>levers
>swiss army knife
>wallet
>keys
>sometimes a sandwich or snack
>change of clothes if commuting
>thinking of buying and adding a small handgun to this inventory

I alternatively carry my phone in either an armband, mounted on my handlebar, or in backpack.

>>1064700
If you live in an urbanized area in the US, you might just need one.

Would any of you recommend frame bags? I'm thinking of getting one of these instead of a handlebar bag or basket. I just hate wearing a backpack while riding as my back gets sweaty as hell.
>>
You guys who carry a chain breaker, do you also carry a spare powerlink? Or how does the chain breaker come in handy?
>>
>>1064695
If you don't already, I'd cover that tube in talc and stick it in a zip lock freezer bag, otherwise it's likely to get damaged rattling around in your saddlebag with your tools.
>>
Too much to list / no saddle bag anyway.
Biek-specific:
patch kit
tire levers
multitool / alien on longer rides
sometimes even a small pump
>>
>>1065241
If your chain gets busted you can open up an axle enough to get a link out from the chain so that the ends fit together and get the other end of the chain in and then push back the old axle holding them together. While pushing the axle out from the chain to make the ends fit together make sure you don't get it out all the way but just enough to get the inner chain link out. Makes putting it back together much easier. It's a temp fix and shortens the chain so you have make sure you don't bust your rd by crosschaining large ring and large cogs. However it should last long enough to get you home to change a brand new chain.

You can practise on worn out chains on their way to the garbage.
>>
>>1065241
Chains have been around for a long time before powerlinks came around
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.