[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw can have nice things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: funicular_gelida.jpg (322KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
funicular_gelida.jpg
322KB, 1200x800px
>FGC (Catalan government railways) will resume service of the historic Gelida Funicular after five years of temporary suspension
>This will cost 1.5 million euros to do major repairs while respecting the antique design.
>it's projected to resume service toward the end of 2018

What is Gelida Funicular
>880m long funicular in a small town in the outskirts of Barcelona
>connects the mainline railway station with frequent suburban service to the town center with intermediate stop
>built in 1924 with second hand equipment from the Tibidabo Funicular in Barcelona which was the first funicular railwayever in Spain in 1901
>so this funicular runs that very first 1901 equipment
>funicular made money until the early 1980's, then it was taken over by government railways
>kept running daily for some years, more recently it was considered a tourist service and only ran weekends and holidays
>has been out of service since 2012

I honestly thought it was kill for good. Feels good to have nice things.

ITT post nice things you've got
>>
Te envidio, aca en buenos aires no quedan trenes tan lindos
>>
>>1064452
As part of the restoration of a large WWII-era German bunker complex, some locals are currently rebuilding the narrow-gauge line that supplied the bunkers with materials. They don't have any original rolling stock or locomotives, but they're improvising and have bought an old battery locomotive, some old lorries, and a shit ton of 700 mm track. They've just laid down the first stretch of railroad. Pretty neat.
>>
>>1064495
>restoration of a large WWII-era German bunker complex
namely where?
>>
>>1064489
que te folle un puto pez argentino de mierda, sois una escoria humana y una plaga para el mundo, vuestro pais es una puta mierda porque sois todos unos imbéciles con excremento en lugar de cerebro y habláis como maricones con un pene en el hocico. No me hables nunca más a mi ni al hijo de mi esposa.
>>
File: india.png (52KB, 597x203px) Image search: [Google]
india.png
52KB, 597x203px
>>1064889
I'll never understand the irrational superiority complex that spics have over one another

To the rest of us, you're all just "poor countries"
>>
>>1064588
Terschelling, an island off the coast of the Netherlands.
>>
>>1064889
>hablais como maricones
>"que te folle un pez"
Cacha este maraco culiao
>>
>>1064495
>>1065502
Color me interested. I found the Dutch website for the people digging the bunkers up but nothing about a railway.
>>
File: bp_1.jpg (391KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
bp_1.jpg
391KB, 1152x864px
>>
File: bp_2.jpg (500KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
bp_2.jpg
500KB, 800x529px
>>1065757
Budapest Funicular
>>
File: 33129512484_6516bb54f8_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
33129512484_6516bb54f8_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>1065627
It's all been happening very recently. They've been preparing it for years but only in the past few weeks have they begun actually laying the tracks. If you want to know more about this project, here's a forum thread spanning multiple years that is still being updated.
http://forum.beneluxspoor.net/index.php/topic,42101.630.html
All in Dutch, though, but I think the pictures explain a lot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.