[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Shinkansen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewISj2DMSsw

Thought?
>>
>>1063826
Pipe dream
>>
>>1063826
It's a long way off given the (somewhat funny) legal opposition facing it such as
> Claiming Texas Rentral Railray is not a railroading company since they do not own any physical track or rolling stock
> A proposed bill target at TCR that requires any rail company to have track that can allow any type of train to run, the lawmaker who penned the bill assumed only Japanese trains can run on tracks built with Japanese technology.
> It'll upset the cattle

Although I'll give it more of a chance of it happening than most high speed rail projects since its by a private corporation meaning the support and the money for it for and against won't be in constant flux every election cycle
>>
>>1063897
Any standard gauge than run on any standard gauge but in practice, mix-matching different train and signalling system is just stupid.

Taiwan HSR did t(Japanese train mated to european signaling and communication system) and they've had plenty of technical issues, which leads to delays (and cost overruns) and that caused major political scandal

Sometimes I wonder who's behind all these oppositions? CRRC? Bombardier?
>>
>>1064038
True but the way the lawmaker phrased it was as if the excact blueprints/specs to build the shinkansin was some closely gaurded secret only the Japanese knew and would rather die before letting another country learn how to build there own that can fit the system
>>
>>1063897
>> It'll upset the cattle

Isn't this why Argentina is a shithole?

Farmers blocked every attempt to build highways in the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s during this excuse.
>>
>>1064798
Being mostly elevated / grade-separated and providing animal crossings for wildlife helps.
>>
>>1064542
JR Central's lack of success in selling Shinkansen technology does largely boil down to the fact that they really, really prefer to sell it as a whole package. But there really is nothing stopping you from running other trains since Shinkansen is wider. All you'd need is platform extenders
As for signalling, it won't be pretty but you could probably run ETCS or TVM (just because) if the workings over ATC end up souring
>>
No way it'll ever happen due to land rights.
>>
>>1065407
And Southwest
>>
>>1065407
California managed to get the land for a much longer stretch in a much more difficult legal environment.

>>1065465
That makes them retarded. Using the gate space for longer haul flights would make them more money.
>>
>>1065468
the Dallas to Huston flight is probably one of Southwests most profitable short haul flights (might be more profitable than a few of there long hauls) by employing some of the methods used by budget airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet
>>
>>1065730
So the most profitable in the least profitable category... who fucking cares? They would flat out make more money substituting those with longer haul flights. That's not a matter of opinion.
>>
File: texas special.jpg (107KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
texas special.jpg
107KB, 600x323px
>>1063826

If they don't give it the Texas Special paintjob I'm gonna be pissed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.