[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/EG/ - Elevator General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: glass-elevator.jpg (380KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
glass-elevator.jpg
380KB, 1024x685px
>safest mode of transport
>very rapid
>cost effective unlike many of the forms of transport posted on here
>personal form of transit, often only handles a few people at a time
>cheap overhead costs
>vertical climb rate is faster than most forms of transit
>can climb at 90° whereas most trains are limited to below a 3° grade

When will /n/ take the elevator pill?
>>
>>1063610
Elevators are frequent, free, and show up on demand. They are automated as well.

>tfw captcha requires that you select cars
>>
>>1063610

theoretically you could build a sideways elevator and replace cars/trams/buses in urban areas
>>
>>1063615
>on my way to work
>get to sideways elevator door
>some guy just went in, door's closing
>great, now I gotta wait 90 minutes for it to return
>>
>>1063660
It's electromagnetically propelled you jackass. They can run multiply slidevators at the same time.
>>
What about elevator-trains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A739p5HkRZ8
>>
File: boy_haveing_fun.jpg (216KB, 509x1099px) Image search: [Google]
boy_haveing_fun.jpg
216KB, 509x1099px
>>1063610
Hand Powered elevators are surprisingly easy to use wish they would make a come back.
>>
>>1063786
>not using bike powered elevators

kek
>>
>>1063684
blimp train elevators?
>>
>>1063615
Elevators ELEVATE and that means GO UP, learn English retard
stop calling sideways-ators "ELEVATORS"
>>
>>1064471
Elevate is meant more in a spiritual sense. You're being ELEVATED to a higher level of transit technology.

Learn English retard
>>
>>1064471

are you THAT retarded? they still go UP you just turn them SIDEWAYS so they go across, fucking clown
>>
>>1064494
yea but then when you go backwards you get delevated retard
>>1064510
yea obviously but your still wrong kid
>>
Prepare to have your minds blown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXvSRBwC5M
>>
Americans are too fat. They should take the stairs instead of the elevator!
>>
>>1064935
Not an argument

>>1064726
Wrong. If an elevator is going down, does that mean it's no longer an elevator?

I want to see elevators moving on all axises rather than just up and down.

Between buildings and floors, across streets and cities, through to subways! No more will you have to suffer the outdoors.
>>
Best elevator I ever rode was this one in an old hotel in Istanbul. No inner door, no automated outer door. If you didn't get outer door closed exactly right it'd snap shut with this real loud clunk that would echo up and down the shaft so you could hear it on all the floors.

Was pretty comfy to watch the layers of stuff passing by between the floors.
>>
File: paternoster-36.jpg (126KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
paternoster-36.jpg
126KB, 1000x666px
A challeger appears.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.