[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Vans for living/long distance travel ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I'm thinking of investing in a new vehicle soon and I sure as hell don't want a car.

I've been independent for a while now and I'm sure I don't have to explain just how crazy life can be.

In short I'm looking to buy a van I could possibly live out of or travel in long distances. Certainly not an RV or anything to large. I would like some room to stand in it as well.

An ice cream truck would be far to distracting and cartoonish. Maybe a mix between the Volkswagen and the Shaggy Van ? I don't know.
>>
>>1062711
>van I could possibly live out of or travel in long distances
what works and what doesn't all depends on how much comfort you need
if you're desparate enough even a honda civic can be slept in
>some room to stand in it as well
most vans won't be tall enough
mercedes/dodge sprinters can have headroom if they're the tall model
they're expensive af though
cheapest way to get standing room is an old schoolbus
>>
File: 23464650005_large.jpg (70KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
23464650005_large.jpg
70KB, 575x431px
>>
>>1062712

Yes comfort matters.
The school bus idea is to far out there.
Think the Honda Element. Just not as stylish.
>>
>>1062717
>Honda Element
I have slept one of these many times
they're pretty fuckin nice, and you can lay the seats out to make a bed
shit gas mileage, but that's about the only problem
no chance of standing up in one unless you're a miget though
>>
Standing up is pretty expensive and you get terrible gas mileage with a high profile.
Very few cargo vans are that tall.
>>
I'm leaning towards a long wheel base version of the Transit Connect for my next vehicle. Its hella ugly, but has a high roof in the cargo area.

I'd like the big open space of the cargo version, but it only has 2 seats. An optional 2nd row of removable seats would make it more appealing to me. Being able to open up the back doors and just walk my bike into the vehicle without removing a wheel would be awesome.

The passenger version has fold flat seats, but you loose a couple feet of usable space.
>>
>>1062711
Go back to /o/ cager
>>
>>1062757
Not very welcoming anon.
OP justs wants to be comfy.
Is that so wrong?
>>
>>1062865
bikefags hate being comfy
if they wanted to be comfy they'd take public transport
>>
>>1065179
>bikefags are not comfy
It's because bike saddles cut off circulation to their dicks and they end up with ED at the age of 30. I'd be grumpy too
>>
Let's combine this thread with the other one. Here's a double-decker bus RV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeMT1d_L-hw&t=213s&index=2&list=LLJRP7VJIQQMqo0xkLAyzjSA
>>
>>1065193
That thing is be rocking cool.
Do we have deckers in american?
>>
>>1062711

Just buy a used Fed/Ex Sprinter
Inside is already bare, most still have the shelves, no shitty side windows
Just take to a reputable mechanic and have them give a good assessment of the engine and transmission
All the ones they use you can stand up in
>>
>>1065191
>ED at the age of 30.

true
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.