[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do trains smell like shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
It's like a mixture of laundromat and diesel.
>>
>>1062505
Hundreds of people use them everyday.
It's a wonder they smell as good as they do, considering the amount of homeless folk on the train.
>>
>>1062520
I take a commuter train every day that doesn't have any poor people on it. It still smells bad
>>
File: IndiaTrain.jpg (81KB, 642x385px) Image search: [Google]
IndiaTrain.jpg
81KB, 642x385px
>>1062505
>>
That's because you have shitty diseasiels. Electric is genetically superior
>>
>>1062505
>Why do [insert country] trains smell like shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 443x332px
I can put up with the smell, it's the fucking scratchiti on the windows that I can't stand. The smell doesn't help either
>>
So they actually smell that bad? Like Amtrak trains?
>>
>>1063304
That's basically a WMD at that point. I doubt anyone who wasn't indian themselves could survive being within 10 miles of that thing.
>>
Because they have 5-9x the pollution of a city street in the train cars
>>
>>1069468
Source? Although I do believe this.
Diesel is dirty.
US should electrify all lines. I know your network is old and worn out, but electrification would help.
>>
>>1069489
Some study by university if Toronto. Google it. Even the middle cars have about 6x. Front cars behind locomotive have 9x. They say nothing about back cars but apparently it is a 5x average for all cars
>>
>>1069626
Sounds like a design fault with the air system.
Assuming they are air conditioned stock with no opening windows that really is avoidable.
>>
>>1069641
Why do you think? All they have to do is open a car door to another car and the diesel fumes will get in. Brake pads burning fumes get into the cars every time they are used. The air quality seems disgusting in trains. They go into tunnels for like 20 minutes and basically huff diesel fumes.
>>
>>1069647
Of course. I'm just used to modern stock here in Europe where the connecting gangways are sealed from the elements and fresh filtered air is provided by good aircon systems.
>>
>>1069626
>>1069641
>>1069647
>>1069648
Are Amtrak trains this bad? I have a cross country train and I don't want to be stuck with 5 times worse air quality of a fucking city street
>>
>>1069665
I've found if they leave the doors open between cars the smell gets bad and can be quite noxious, even on electric trains. Most of the times I didn't smell anything though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.